• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne load times look to be a bit longer than hoped

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a bit long but I don't see what the real issue is. Ill die and think - "30 seconds to refresh gaf and think of a comment" then Ill keep living my life.

Here, FROM. Lemme help you out. Put this anim you already made on the load screen:

vZD8wz.gif

loop it

enjoy the applause

Uhf nah. Thats too much eye straining material to watch everytime you die for 35-45 seconds

What's that about the game not being able to patch improvements for the loading time? Can someone clear that up for me, I had that small hope that the day 1 patch could maybe improve them, but now I've been told on the stream chat that it can't be done because the long loading screens are due to the hardware.

Uthred

So to summarise, the loading times are longish and the loading screen is boring, both of which may be taken care of by a day 1 patch and the loading times may be due to the game querying a connection to servers that arent online?

GorillaJu

Read a bit online. It also improves game performance.

Maybe that includes load times?

Nah. Day 1 patch doesn't improve load times. I just say this because people might raise their expectations and then raise a stink when it doesn't happen. The servers going online *might* have an effect.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
B-Genius, you seem more concerned with other people being concerned about this. If it doesn't concern you, if you find 35-second load times completely acceptable with certain games, then great. However, this minimising of other people's thoughts is weird.

You think I'm weird, I think you're weird.

Welcome to the internet, sir.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
A "legitimate concern"? Please.
A legitimate concern would be if there were claims of it setting your PS4 on fire.
It's a little boring/underwhelming at worst.

Also average single play loop in SMB and HM can range roughly between 2-60 seconds.
I'd wager average single loop in BB will be anywhere from 2-60 minutes.
A 35 second load (if that) isn't going to kill you. Use the time to take a sip of tea/beer, give your partner a hug, or consider about how you could do better next time.
Scale my example down. Even a 5s load time would hurt those games.

I can do all of your suggested activities in under 20 seconds. The fact that you have to come up with things to do to mitigate sitting through that load is ridiculous. Take a step back and think about that.

This isn't about grasping at straws to make Bloodborne look bad. This is about getting it to be the best game it can be. You people are so blinded by your hype train gifs and yoshichan orgasming in caps lock at every screenshot that it's embarassing. Between those people and the ones in here spamming "git gud" unironically, I'm ashamed to ever say I'm a part of the souls community even with 400+ hours played total. The gamefaqs community is better than this for christ's sake.

Valnen

That is a bit long but I don't see what the real issue is. Ill die and think - "30 seconds to refresh gaf and think of a comment" then Ill keep living my life.

Pretty much my thoughts. I really don't care about this at all, and I can't imagine why anyone would. It's a hundred hour game, if you need to do things fast you're buying the wrong thing. I'm far more concerned about the aliasing. That could actually be distracting during gameplay.

I counted 45 seconds when on a stream. It's pretty long considering the loadings on DkS were quasi non-existant. Or were they? I don't even remember, but it sure as hell wasn't as long as those are.

They're there, and they're long. Not this long though. Demon's Souls load times, however, were 25-45 seconds. Dark Souls 2 non-digital version on PS3 is very slow as well.

Not really an issue in my opinion, though I am hoping my SSD will speed things up a bit.

I can do all of your suggested activities in under 20 seconds. The fact that you have to come up with things to do to mitigate sitting through that load is ridiculous. Take a step back and think about that.

This isn't about grasping at straws to make Bloodborne look bad. This is about getting it to be the best game it can be. You people are so blinded by your hype train gifs and yoshichan orgasming in caps lock at every screenshot that it's embarassing. Between those people and the ones in here spamming "git gud" unironically, I'm ashamed to ever say I'm a part of the souls community even with 400+ hours played total. The gamefaqs community is better than this for christ's sake.

Someones exploding. Take a deep breath yo.

I counted 45 seconds when on a stream. It's pretty long considering the loadings on DkS were quasi non-existant. Or were they? I don't even remember, but it sure as hell wasn't as long as those.

Im not sure on other systems but on ps3 ds1 was around 25 to 30 seconds.

I dont remember much of demons but i remember it being noticeably longer ths darks.

cerulily

Feels like the good old PS1 days~

Seriously though. after 400 hours of Demon's souls, you stop caring about the pictures. it's all the same.

Vroadstar

And this is not even the OT yet we are already witnessing some meltdown...

Shabad

Do you guys really die that often in Souls game >.< This really is a non issue, or rather a very minor annoyance.

I'd would love to see them patch in some lore/equipements/consumable information on those loading screens though. It's always welcome, especially in those kind of games where you are always grasping for infos about what's going on around you ^^

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Someones exploding. Take a deep breath yo.
Nah I'm chill. This is an issue with every (unofficial) OT. People are more than happy building up an echo chamber and marginalizing anyone not willing to join. I'm actually more against that then the load times. This was just a good opportunity that presented itself.

And this is not even the OT yet we are already witnessing some meltdown...
Because calling out shitty behavior = meltdown.

Pretty much my thoughts. I really don't care about this at all, and I can't imagine why anyone would. It's a hundred hour game, if you need to do things fast you're buying the wrong thing. I'm far more concerned about the aliasing. That could actually be distracting during gameplay.

Same for me. I aint staring at the screen during the entire loading process. I pickup my phone during the 10sec match joining process in smash. I understand tho that people find an issue with it because it definitely is a problem. It definitely would be better if the game had shorter loading times but people really are exaggerating as if an avg of say 35+ seconds would ruin the game.

Its not that deep and again itd nothing worth getting hot blooded about.

Nah I'm chill. This is an issue with every (unofficial) OT. People are more than happy building up an echo chamber and marginalizing anyone not willing to join. I'm actually more against that then the load times. This was just a good opportunity that presented itself.
Don't bother with them. It's just easier to check out this thread's user post counts and then decide who is way too invested either for or against the game.

Because it's really obvious.

Considering the game isn't out, I will wait to get "outraged" about this. And even if they are bad when the game releases, the series has always had bad load times... it would have been nice to get that fixed... but it's not breaking the game or anything for me.

It will inevitably be patched, to some degree.

Gammacide

So to summarise, the loading times are longish and the loading screen is boring, both of which may be taken care of by a day 1 patch and the loading times may be due to the game querying a connection to servers that arent online?
Hahaha! Yup. Sadly this is where we find ourselves this morning. Still SO excited for launch!! Looks like midnight EST and not 3am this time too!! :)

GavinGT

Banned
Do you guys really die that often in Souls game >.< This really is a non issue, or rather a very minor annoyance.

Only an average of 716 times per playthrough:

http://darksoulsdeaths.com/cgi-bin/stats.py

If each of those deaths resulted in a 30-second load, that would be 5 hours of loading screen staring. And that's not counting the loading screens that aren't a result of dying. Every time you want to go to the hub and back, that's two loading screens.

Thats good. I agree as well. Alot of posters just use the concern troll remark to disregard any criticism at all. Bloodborne has some issues. Just like every game. people shouldnt get offended when others post legit criticisms. .

3DShovel

So wait. Does Bloodborne have a persistent world like the Dark Souls games or will be staring at a loading screen more often than just seeing it when we die?

Mr Git

Shame there's no character art ala DeS or item descriptions from Dark. Gives me time to slurp my tea and skin up at least. They should market it as the alternative to having a pause function.

So wait. Does Bloodborne have a persistent world like the Dark Souls games or will be staring at a loading screen more often than just seeing it when we die?

Mix

It has a hub world like demons but also a main world like darks souls which is completely open and interconnected.

It's a mix of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. You need to warp to the main hub to level up, upgrade buy stuff and other things.

Gattsu25

Banned

You see loading screens when you die and when you TownPortal/HomewardBone back to the whatever the home base is.

Otherwise it appears to be fully seamless.

Why does it seem like so many people in this thread are acting like long load times are a non issue and nothing to be concerned about? Long load times are one of the most irritating things in games, and ESPECIALLY one where I will be dying a lot. I personally can not come to understand most of these dismissive comments. If it doesn't bother you, then good for you, but I have no idea how people can't see why it would be annoying for others.

Now I didn't catch a glimpse of the Bloodborne load times myself, so I hope it's not unbearably long, because it will get annoying as heck after dying so much.

3DShovel

Mix

It has a hub world like demons but also a main world like darks souls which is completely open and interconnected.

It's a mix of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. You need to warp to the main hub to level up, upgrade buy stuff and other things.

Okay so it's not like Majula? I can't just walk into the hub from the main world? That sounds fine to me. Basically you'll only load after dying or warping.

This whole thing seems no different from playing Dark Souls on a 360/PS3 and that doesn't bother me. I did play Dark Souls 2 on my PC which had an SSD though, and it was really nice to basically not see load screens.

I played PS1 games when I was younger, so if my patience then could handle those load times, I'm sure I can deal with them now.

You see loading screens when you die and when you TownPortal/HomewardBone back to the whatever the home base is.

Otherwise it appears to be fully seamless.

Thanks!

gai_shain

Huh seems like there are several defense forces already in this thread.
Im gonna wait until the game officially releases before I am concerend, but if it turns out I have to wait about 40seconds every time I die or port I certainly wont be happy about that

Why does it seem like so many people in this thread are acting like long load times are a non issue and nothing to be concerned about? Long load times are one of the most irritating things in games, and ESPECIALLY one where I will be dying a lot. I personally can not come to understand most of these dismissive comments. If it doesn't bother you, then good for you, but I have no idea how people can't see why it would be annoying for others.
It's 30 seconds when you first load the game, whenever you go back and forth from the HUB and when you die. Provided you do each of those every 15~30 minutes I think this is the very definition of "first world problems"

Neoweee

I counted 45 seconds when on a stream. It's pretty long considering the loadings on DkS were quasi non-existant. Or were they? I don't even remember, but it sure as hell wasn't as long as those.

They were definitely there, but unlike the (now) other three games, you rarely got the "long" versions of the load times because fast travel opened so late in the game.

This is definitely the worst. Seems like, in terms of load times, BB > DeS > DkS2 "long" > DkS2 "short" = DkS1 "short"

It's 30 seconds when you first load the game, whenever you go back and forth from the HUB and when you die. Provided you do each of those every 15~30 minutes I think this is the very definition of "first world problems"
This thread is giving me the impression that it will be 30-45 seconds everytime you die. I hope what you're saying is true.

And that "first world problem" comment is redundant and pointless as hell. We're on a video game forum for god's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom