• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Official Artworks coming in 2017

Found it here (Amazon link).

Searched for Bloodborne but saw nothing, so lock the thread and give me over to the Moon Presence if old.

256 page artbook with creator commentary and so on and by Udon, who have done a lot of great art books in the past.

Already got the JP one that has EN text + JP text. Wish this one was hardcover to double dip. Will decide later now. It is a great artbook.

I thought this was an official statement for a second. I found it the other week and I placed an order on it. May as well get the artbook of the best Souls game (best art direction at the very least).

That is going to be one beautiful book.

I'm too excited for it just being an art book, but because I love Bloodbornes art style so much, I just need a way to have more of it.

xuchu

latest

Already got it preordered. Really hope they offer a dark soul franchise art book because I've heard ds1 has a bad art book and 3 doesn't have one to my knowledge.

Nattan

Same amount of pages as in the Japanese one, so probably no reason to double dip. Took their time with this one.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Let's see how many pages of art showcase the awful chromatic aberration effect featured in the game.

system11

They should offset the red ink 2mm to the left and the green ink 2mm to the right to replicate the chromatic aberration soiled experience of the game.

I pretty much never buy artbooks, but I recently got into Bloodborne and fell in love with it. Its artstyle is gorgeous, so I'd really be interested in a book like this. I'm hemming and hawing, but I probably won't pick it up. It's just too much money for something I won't spend a ton of time with.

It's something that would make a perfect gift for me though -- something I really want but can't justify purchasing on my own.

MadMod

Received mine today, anyone else? Impressed by the quality of the paper, have yet to look into it further.

tebunker

Banned
Received mine today, anyone else? Impressed by the quality of the paper, have yet to look into it further.

I got mine last week. Pretty impressed with the overall quality. I do wish it was hardbound like the Darksouls books. Hopefully we get a DS3 artworks too.

The only minor quibble I have is that there is not enough artwork on Lady Maria. For such a great badass boss I was really hopeful they would have had more artwork.

Also I got in @$22 so my opinion may be skewed. I was worried for a minute that Amazon was gonna cancel my order right at the end when they couldn't confirm the date and then I actually got it before the 'release date'

MadMod

I got mine last week. Pretty impressed with the overall quality. I do wish it was hardbound like the Darksouls books. Hopefully we get a DS3 artworks too.

The only minor quibble I have is that there is not enough artwork on Lady Maria. For such a great badass boss I was really hopeful they would have had more artwork.

Also I got in @$22 so my opinion may be skewed. I was worried for a minute that Amazon was gonna cancel my order right at the end when they couldn't confirm the date and then I actually got it before the 'release date'

Yeah thats pretty much the only thing about the quality of it, it isn't a hardcover, very odd for an official artbook not to be. But like I said, the quality of the paper/pages slightly makes it less painful. I'll look into it tomorrow and give my thoughts on the art.

MadMod

Looked through the artbook, I can tell you i'm impressed with the amount of content, compared to other books. Theres art separated into each location from the game, containing each boss and enemies, as well as the architecture of the locations. It even includes all the items and trophy art too. The addition of the art from The Old Hunters is a plus, although there wasn't enough Ludwig for me, as he's one of the most interesting bosses on the game, I thought there would be a bit more art on him included. Overall if you're interested at all, its a great purchase. :)

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Is this literally just an artbook with nothing but pictures, or is there developer commentary and descriptions as well? Haven't bought any of the other "Artworks" for the series, but since I quite love Bloodborne's art design, this one had me interested.

Top Bottom