• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Robot Pants

The Old Hunters OT

CO-OP INFO:
» GAF Passcode (Quote to View)
» GAF PSN Exchange List (Quote to View)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

» TRUSTY PATCHES
(Click version to expand patch notes)

» Version 1.09
--------------------------------------------------------------------
» Version 1.08
» Version 1.07 - The League
» Version 1.06 ????
» Version 1.05
» Version 1.04
» Version 1.03
» Version 1.02
» Version 1.01

13rlk5.png

227zei.png

3mgxwy.png

4kqyu2.png

5ybltv.png

616xlv.png

7h6u87.png

reviews5zyqj.png

trophiesntuzq.png

platinumsmall7sslx.png
Bloodborne - All trophies acquired. Hats off!

goldsmalloesl7.png
Yharnam Sunrise - You lived through the hunt, and saw another day.

goldsmalloesl7.png
Honouring Wishes - Captivated by the moon presence, you pledge to watch over the hunter's dream.

goldsmalloesl7.png
Childhood's Beginning - You became an infant Great One, lifting humanity into its next childhood.

goldsmalloesl7.png
Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen - Defeat Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth.

goldsmalloesl7.png
Hunter's Essence - Acquire all hunter weapons.

goldsmalloesl7.png
Hunter's Craft - Acquire all special hunter tools.

silversmallcgswy.png
Weapon Master - Acquire a weapon of the highest level.

silversmallcgswy.png
Blood Gem Master - Acquire an extremely precious blood gem.

silversmallcgswy.png
Rune Master - Acquire an extremely precious Caryll Rune.

silversmallcgswy.png
Cainhurst - Gain entry to Cainhurst, the lost and ruined castle.

silversmallcgswy.png
The Choir - Gain entry to the realm of the Choir, the high stratum of the Healing Church.

silversmallcgswy.png
The Source of the Dream - Discover the abandoned old workshop, the source of the hunter's dream.

silversmallcgswy.png
Nightmare Lecture Building - Gain entry into the Byrgenwerth lecture building, that drifts within the realm of nightmare.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Father Gascoigne - Defeat the beast that once was Father Gascoigne.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Vicar Amelia - Defeat the beast that once was Vicar Amelia.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Shadow of Yharnam - Defeat the Shadow of Yharnam.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Rom, the Vacuous Spider - Defeat Great One: Rom, the Vacuous Spider.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
The One Reborn - Defeat the One Reborn.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Micolash, Host of the Nightmare - Defeat Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Mergo's Wet Nurse - Defeat Great One: Mergo's Wet Nurse.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Cleric Beast - Defeat Cleric Beast.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Blood-starved Beast - Defeat Blood-starved Beast.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
The Witch of Hemwick - Defeat the Witch of Hemwick.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Darkbeast Paarl - Defeat Darkbeast Paarl.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Amygdala - Defeat Great One: Amygdala

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Martyr Logarius - Defeat Martyr Logarius.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Celestial Emissary - Defeat Great One: Celestial Emissary.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos - Defeat Great One: Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Blood Gem Contact - Acquire a blood gem that imbues a hunter weapon with special strength.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Rune Contact - Acquire a Caryll Rune that endows hunters with special strength.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Chalice of Pthumeru - Acquire the Chalice of Pthumeru that seals the catacombs that for a web deep below Yharnam.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Chalice of Ailing Loran - Acquire the Chalice of Ailing Loran that seals the tragic land lost to the sands.

bronzesmallqjs4e.png
Chalice of Isz - Acquire the Great Chalice of Isz that seals the home of the cosmic kin.

1cfu1o.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
2nuuc5.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
30qucc.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
4aiurb.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
54xu8f.jpg

6yhudh.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
7tru5f.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
87uu7i.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
9uduhy.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
10ieuiu.jpg

11tbug4.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
12lqu6g.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
13fvuye.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
148aupp.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
15peu2p.jpg

16l9umy.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
17qcuqi.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
18ajusx.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
19ukuis.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
205xui5.jpg

2150rvk.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
22ozryf.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
23c4qdx.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
24yur6m.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
25j6of9.jpg

26ztqv7.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
27v6q2y.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
28wfpt8.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
297yr97.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
30l8oak.jpg

31b3oky.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
32cfpia.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
3398qjl.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
342jrmr.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
35cfohr.jpg

36krpw6.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
373holl.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
38ncogq.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
39ntonl.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
40nyrjn.jpg

462jqak.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
47wcocw.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
48yuqbr.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
49swq0m.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
508mrcy.jpg

41gvjcl.png
spacer3kuwd.png
42spj57.png
spacer3kuwd.png
43s8jkg.png
spacer3kuwd.png
44jykkv.png
spacer3kuwd.png
45r7kme.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

51lnsgr.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
52pysbw.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
53y9sr3.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
542es7b.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
55dns42.jpg

56nws5v.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
57als63.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
5827s8z.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
59oysph.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
60mds5s.jpg

61dnsno.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
62zfsu5.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
63nmsnx.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
648tspq.jpg
spacer3kuwd.png
65mhsvm.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beginner's Guide (Thanks to DealWithIt, Afrodium, and ZangBa)

» General FAQ and Play Advice - By DealWithIt

» General Tips & Advice For New Players - By Afrodium

» Chalice Dungeon Beginner's Guide - By ZangBa

» The Beginner's Guide to Bloodborne - Video by VaatiVidya

SDR-UK

And here we go again.

As I've said in the past, if anyone requires help on bosses, I'll be around.

Nice OP.

SDR-UK

Fresh new thread, just in time for a Bloodborne 2 announcement at E3.

From pls

That would steal E3 for me. I've put so much time into Bloodborne and it has replaced Dark Souls (for me) as the pinnacle of From Software's efforts. The evolution on tried and tested gameplay just works and is what I want from them going forward.

I-hate-u

That would steal E3 for me. I've put so much time into Bloodborne and it has replaced Dark Souls (for me) as the pinnacle of From Software's efforts. The evolution on tried and tested gameplay just works and is what I want from them going forward.

Can't wait what they can do with the wonderful gameplay system they established in BB. I'd hope we get all types of new combo possibilities. Like a mini DMC-lite combat engine.

Then how about Dark Souls 4. I can't deal with Souls ending.

neoism

:( was hope OP you would use +++++ in the title makes it pop out alot more...
once Im done with ds3 ima go back to this in my ng++ playthrough... I wanta get level 300 Kappa
plus I never farmed for those 27% Phy gems. no way anythang in this game is a worse then ds3 covenant item farming.

Thanks for keeping the threads coming!

Question:

When I ring a bell to help someone, does it pair me up with someone playing the same difficulty? (Ng, ng+, ng++, etc)

If it's like Souls, then it just does it by level range regardless of NG+ and so on. I'm positive that I got a NG+ Laurence earlier lol Still easy, but he hit like a truck.

Asked in the last thread but didn't get a response, I'm rushing to get the Tonitrus on my alt and need help with the BSB, anyone in playthrough 1 wanna help a brother out? psn ID is Psychoward23

Soulhouf

Asked in the last thread but didn't get a response, I'm rushing to get the Tonitrus on my alt and need help with the BSB, anyone in playthrough 1 wanna help a brother out? psn ID is Psychoward23

If it's the first visit to Yahragul we're talking about, you can't co-op except for the boss.
I can help you beat Paarl if you want.

If it's the first visit to Yahragul we're talking about, you can't co-op except for the boss.
I can help you beat Paarl if you want.

Nah I just need to beat BSB because then you get captured by the bag men dudes. From there I'm gonna run to Tonitrus and pick it up. Hopefully.

aight, someone else jumped in but they sucked and we died so I'll ring the bell again with a password lol

edit: thanks so much

Deku Tree

Did FROM ever comment on why you can't replenish blood viles at lamps and why you have to load the hunters dream in between going anywhere else?

Soulhouf

aight, someone else jumped in but they sucked and we died so I'll ring the bell again with a password lol

edit: thanks so much

Holy shit I'm so rusty at this game, I got grabbed by the BSB once and I was pressing the wrong buttons. Blame DS3 lol. But we did it and that's what matters.

Also, is it me or is Bloodborne prettier and runs better than DS3 on PS4?

Holy shit I'm so rusty at this game, I got grabbed by the BSB once and I was pressing the wrong buttons. Blame DS3 lol. But we did it and that's what matters.

No idea, I have yet to play DS3. I just finished DS2 last night (fuck the DLC bosses lol) so I'm gonna be jumping in soon. Just wish it dropped to $40 and then I could justify it easier.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It certainly runs better. Prettier is subjective, I think BB probably has denser geometry but perhaps less, er, wide levels, and of course the CA kind of ruins the IQ a bit. But yeah DS3 has more frequent FPS drops in my experience, and has texture pop-in after pretty much every loading screen. Weird.

It certainly runs better. Prettier is subjective, I think BB probably has denser geometry but perhaps less, er, wide levels, and of course the CA kind of ruins the IQ a bit. But yeah DS3 has more frequent FPS drops in my experience, and has texture pop-in after pretty much every loading screen. Weird.

that's a shame, Bloodborne was already on the lower end of FPS drops. Nothing unplayable or anything but still disappointing to hear DS3 is worse.

Deku Tree

https://redd.it/35ardj

The only problem is that you won't do any other chalices like random ones anymore because now you know where the good stuff is.

Thanks!

So if the host deletes the dungeon.... Or if the dungeon gets deleted from the server due to inactivity... does that mean that the glyph code wont work?

How does FROM decide which codes to delete from their servers?

Ogawa-san

Yeah, but when it's on a spreadsheet like that the host tends to leave it up. I've went through a bunch of those this month and they were all up.

Deku Tree

Amazing that the Guidance Rally Potential +30% Rune was never found????

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Guidance

was it really never found???

Supposedly the official guide has stated it is in an Isz Root chalice... The official guide even has a picture of it.... a quick google search reveals that a lot of people spent a lot of time looking for it... but no one ever found it? Does that mean that it doesn't exist?

Edit. When the +10% one is the only rune in the game that can drop multiple times. So maybe that bugged out the +30% rune? Best I'm gonna come up with anyway...

Boss 6 beaten, I would make a comment on it but it could be construed as a spoiler, in short it's the one after witch.

Ok seriously what the hell is that new enemy type after that boss, it's fucking disgusting

Also do the gold pendant and tear stone have any uses? Besides blood gem?

Boss 6 beaten, I would make a comment on it but it could be construed as a spoiler, in short it's the one after witch.

Ok seriously what the hell is that new enemy type after that boss, it's fucking disgusting

You can comment on it. Just use spoiler tags. I think I commented on every boss lol

Sayad

Watching the Story Trailer linked in the OP, some lines have changed or dropped completely in the final build, like "the blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more", weird considering this was just a month before release! And lol at showing parts of all three endings in the trailer, sneaky bastards.

Soulhouf

The characters and clothes seem to be more detailed in Bloodborne.
CA kind of ruin it (it depends actually of your TV setting) but the fact that it's denser in BB there are more details and I prefer its darker and more focused art direction.

Ok how do I defeat rom? I assume I need to rush him

Take out the first wave of spiders(or you'll have a ton to deal with later), then attack him until his second form.

Run diagonally/in a circle to dodge the AOE he spams. Unless you want to kill all the spiders in his second form, play hit and run cause the spiders will jump on you if you stay in front of him for too long. Also, bolt paper is very effective.

Take out the first wave of spiders(or you'll have a ton to deal with later), then attack him until his second form.

Run diagonally/in a circle to dodge the AOE he spams. Unless you want to kill all the spiders in his second form, play hit and run cause the spiders will jump on you if you stay in front of him for too long. Also, bolt paper is very effective.

I killed all the spiders, I actuallyy thought he would keep res pawning them and that's why I lost before, beat him now

Ok what's going on now, are the enemies res pawning here or something? Can I stop this it's irritating. Figured it out.

Have I passed a point of no return?

Have I missed anything?

Also how in the hell do I win that fight against 3 hunters at once?

Top Bottom