• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Finally came back to this after a year being stuck in the woods. Beat it got all the endings and now need to finish dlc and chalice dungeons. All o can say is whoever thought the defiled dungeon was reasonable can bite me. Hate the watchdog so much.

Finally came back to this after a year being stuck in the woods. Beat it got all the endings and now need to finish dlc and chalice dungeons. All o can say is whoever thought the defiled dungeon was reasonable can bite me. Hate the watchdog so much.

Equip the Bone Ash Armor and any fire/all damage resist runes you have. That should keep you from being one shooted by any of it's single attacks even the charge at level 100+. The multi bite combo will still kill you, so be wary of that attack. Once you get to the last third of it's health back away and use spells or pistol shots with bone marrow ash, while aiming at it's head. The boss should be pretty doable this way.

Bladelaw

Ludwig is dead.
first DLC boss down. Went down quickly too which was surprising given it's reputation. Really enjoying the DLC so far.

Bladelaw

DLC complete. Only boss I had real trouble with was
Orphan of Kos
final level was 98. I gave up the blades of Mercy for Rakuyo. Hell of a game. PS4's recording feature is great too. Managed to catch all my boss fights.

DLC complete. Only boss I had real trouble with was
Orphan of Kos
final level was 98. I gave up the blades of Mercy for Rakuyo. Hell of a game. PS4's recording feature is great too. Managed to catch all my boss fights.

Orphan
was a pain for me. Probably the hardest boss in the whole series in my opinion. I ended up beating him by just shooting him to death basically, and wasting my vials to heal whilst I kept making blood bullets.

Did you beat all
bosses in the DLC?

Bladelaw

Orphan
was a pain for me. Probably the hardest boss in the whole series in my opinion. I ended up beating him by just shooting him to death basically, and wasting my vials to heal whilst I kept making blood bullets.

Did you beat all
bosses in the DLC?
I beat the following in the DLC
Laurence the first vicar, Ludwig the holy blade, living failures, Maria of the astral clocktower, and the Orphan of Kos.

The
Maria
fight was my favorite by a mile.

NiteChylde

Neo Member
Beat
Blood-Starved Beast
and
Shadow of Yharnham
and explored the early parts of the DLC during the last couple of days.

Made a huge mistake fighting
Shadow of Yharnam
, should have taken out the guy with the
katana
first. His second form gave me hell, once I was down to only a sliver of hell with him trying to rush me and second remaining
Shadow constantly throwing fireballs all around me
. Somehow managed to dodge through all of this and get away to heal up. That moment was pretty intense, fucking loved it!

What I played from the DLC so far seems pretty great, played up to the part with the building which in the main game is the shortcut to
Cleric Beast
. Stopped there after running into
some pretty strong beast which I think was a hunter
? Took it down to half of its health, then decided to run away and call it a day after it nearly clobbered me to death with a lightning-fast combo. I was tired and neither felt like loosing my blood echoes nor like playing through the early part with all the hunters and the huge
Executioner
again.

Can't wait to get home. Want that
Whirligig Saw
and then I'll continue with the main game first. Not sure where to go next, though. I found an
invitation to Cainhurst
, will probably try to figure out how to get there or maybe continue past
Shadow of Yharnham
, dunno what lies beyond the area where you fought them.

I beat the following in the DLC
Laurence the first vicar, Ludwig the holy blade, living failures, Maria of the astral clocktower, and the Orphan of Kos.

The
Maria
fight was my favorite by a mile.

Right, I was just making sure you found all of them, as
Laurence
is optional.

Also, I realised I put
because I'm an idiot and completely forgot about
The Living Failures
XD.

tLi1uYj.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Wo10axg.gif

Those assholes are still my most hated mob enemy things.

Just yesterday I said fuck it and decided to mod my game. I'm a noob at this so I'm still figuring it out. So far I've made my character look like
Annalise the queen
. We've been doing spoilers so here's a link to the image:

http://i.imgur.com/VQ6ymWf.jpg

I'm not going to mod stats or make my characters invincible but I sure as hell will dupe some of the gems I have in my inventory.

I wanna know what your favorite weapons are...

I like the Hunter Axe, Bowblade, Kirkhammer, Ludwig's blade, Whirligig and Respepcprmtktn

Anyone ever ran a Bloodtinge build combining the Chikage and Simon's blade? Seems like it could be a good combo

Supposedly 25 skill and 50 Bloodtinge is one of if not the strongest pve build assuming you manage your blood bullets well. I haven't done it so I can't vouch for it.

I personally love the Beasthunter Saif and Burial Blade. The Saif has so much extra movement in it's attack you can dash in and out of attacks incredibly easily without worrying about missing an attack. The Burial Blade's heavy does so much stagger it's incredible for chalice bosses.

I don't actually like it's moveset its hard to deny the effectiveness of the Whirligig Saw. The amount of damage you while using it and a beast blood pellet is obscene.

Wamb0wneD

So I have no clue whether I should go for Cainhurst (where I found the first shortcut), Byrgenwerth (Where these Spiders with Rom are annoying af) or the Lecture Building/Nightmare Frontier. Too many options lol.

Don't think I've used the Rajuyo yet; should look it up
Rakuyo is amazing. Duel wielding swords just feels so right in this game with how fast the combat is.

So I have no clue whether I should go for Cainhurst (where I found the first shortcut), Byrgenwerth (Where these Spiders with Rom are annoying af) or the Lecture Building/Nightmare Frontier. Too many options lol.
Cainhurst is the best place in the game, imo, so go there lol.

My favorite weapoms are saw cleaver because I'm a whore > chikage > whirligig > blade of mercy> bowblade (bow and arrow specifically) > axe> everything else.

It took me A LONG time to appreciate the saw cleaver and blade of mercy. For a long time I stuck to the threaded cane and rakuyo, but IMO they aren't all that great. Weapons I've never tried are the burial blade, kirkhammer, and reiterpallasch.

Anyone ever ran a Bloodtinge build combining the Chikage and Simon's blade? Seems like it could be a good combo

It's one of my favorite builds. For me it's a build with a lot of range and safe approaches despite the constant hp drain from the chikage. For this build I go all out on the bloodtinge stat, meaning I don't invest in skill for these weapons. As a bonus you can fully upgrade a repeating pistol for serious damage when buffed with ash. It hits like a truck in pve and pvp.

In terms of difficulty

Lecture<Frontier<Bryenwerth<Cainhurst

kikiribu

I like the Hunter Axe, Bowblade, Kirkhammer, Ludwig's blade, Whirligig and Respepcprmtktn
Amygdalan Arm is one of the most unique weapons I've used in a game. Never got bored using it, and I have a special place for it in my heart because after Ludwig repeatedly had his way with me, the Arm was my savior. Transformed version wrecked him. It also creeps me out, and the idea of using an Amygdalan arm as a weapon is badass as hell.

But with the Bowblade, Whirligig Saw, Holy Moonlight Sword, Bloodletter, Chikage, Burial Blade, Blade of Mercy, Ludwid's Holy Blade, Threaded Cane, and Church Pick all in the same game, it's impossible for me to pick a favorite. The weapons in Bloodborne are just full of personality.

This was my last character. Very powerful build and some even call it overpowered. I don't agree with that but the insane damage you'll do with a pure BT build seems to push players to start calling the build broken. It's no surprise that despite the HP drain from Chikage, I found that more and more players became willing to make a BT character especially after shitting themselves when they saw the pressure from Evelyn and Repeating Pistol (even worse when they got slashed once or twice by Chikage) in PVP. Some call it the douche bag build, but I can't help being obsessed with Cainhursts. I guess I'm part of the problem. Bloodborne 2: Cainhurst Origins when

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

The what now o_O

Mine are: Rakuyo, Whirligig Saw, Simon's Bowblade, Chikage, Burial Blade, Threaded Cane, Repeating Pistol, and I guess Ludwig's Holy Blade but it's just overused at this point.

kikiribu

I just got Bloodborne yesterday.

What is the best starter class and build for a total noob?
Lone Survivor for extra vitality boost
STR/SKL build

Focus on VIT until it's 20-25

Distribute STR and SKL points evenly. They should be the same.

Cleaver or Axe as starter weapons. You're gonna want Ludwig's Holy Blade ASAP, which you'll get access to by obtaining Radiant Sword Hunter Badge (after Blood-Starved Beast).

Starting classes in Souls games really make very little difference, it's more for role playing. But if you're new to the series, the one with high HP will surely help - but they all even out within a few level up points.

Wamb0wneD

In terms of difficulty

Lecture<Frontier<Bryenwerth<Cainhurst

Yeah I was walking around at cainhurst and god damn...
There's nothing in lecture though except some weird ass graduates lmao. I heard somewhere there's a ladder to floor 2 but I never found it. I'll go with frontier I guess.
Thanks!

gogosox82

Doesn't really matter what your starting class is. I usually start with military veteran tho. Hunter axe is strong to start out with for the spin to win. Then you can switch to either Kirkhammer or Ludwig's Holy Blade.

velociraptor

Oh man I don't know where I'm going.

I'm on the first level.

There was a massive mob of 5-6 people and a dog, and a 'sniping' dude.

Killed them.

Then I went around, rolled into some crates, and fell to some lower levels with some giant rats. Got killed there and lost 3000 souls.

Is that the right direction? Does this game have a checkpoint system or is it all so unforgiving?

I'm on the first level.

Killed them.

Then I went around, rolled into some crates, and fell to some lower levels with some giant rats. Got killed there and lost 3000 souls.

Is that the right direction? Does this game have a checkpoint system or is it all so unforgiving?

Go for the sewers and look for the armor set there, The sniper guys always drop ammo for your pistol btw

Explore, get lost, die, learn, thats the charm of the game , there is no playing wrong situation

gogosox82

I'm on the first level.

Killed them.

I'm assuming your familiar with souls games correct? Yes are shortcuts, quicker paths, etc. You just have to explore a bit.

Bladelaw

I will say Bloodborne is more about finding shortcuts then hopping from lamp/bonfire to lamp/bonfire than the rest of the Souls games (except maybe Demon's Souls).

I will say Bloodborne is more about finding shortcuts then hopping from lamp/bonfire to lamp/bonfire than the rest of the Souls games (except maybe Demon's Souls).

Yep, less open worth more hub world when you get the shorcut right at the end of the zone or between the middle of the zone, better than the annoying lamp stations on Dark Souls 2

Wamb0wneD

Uhhhh I started a second file to try out the axe (which is OP) and...What the hell, nobody told me you can
skip the wolves leading up to the Cleric Beast by just walking up the stairs in that building that leads to the first shortcut with the dude in the wheelchair in it.
You can just go up the stairs and you are behind the guy that tries to ambush you on the bridge, behind the wolves.
Not a single person told me that route lmao.

guys

guys help

I've been stuck on central yharnam for 2 weeks. I cant seem to get the hang of it.

what am I missing??

You're probably missing shortcuts and the ability to level up due to not finding Madmans Knowledge or the first boss. It was really frustrating to me as well. If you are at the place where the brick wielding dude bangs at the door stay left after walking in it towards the red lantern and the door. Next to the door on the left where some crazy pople are laughing roll through the wooden coffins to get to a shortcut,

Laurence is still kicking my butt. Fully upgraded a whirligig saw to try and take him on. It does a lot of damage, but his NG 2+ health pool is so damn large, it barely makes a dent in him.
Uhhhh I started a second file to try out the axe (which is OP) and...What the hell, nobody told me you can
skip the wolves leading up to the Cleric Beast by just walking up the stairs in that building that leads to the first shortcut with the dude in the wheelchair in it.
You can just go up the stairs and you are behind the guy that tries to ambush you on the bridge, behind the wolves.
Not a single person told me that route lmao.
Hell, I just found out the other day that
Nightmare Frontier
is completely optional. And I've gotten a platinum in this game.
It always manages to find a way to surprise you. Unless I'm just really dumb. Which is very possible.

Top Bottom