• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cainhurst isn't so bad. Protip - get inside quick. Theres also a hard to spot lantern right near the entrance if you haven't seen it. Totally awesome area too. From your options I'd go Cainhurst, Reborn one, Nightmare

Also dont DBP near the Gaol

Thanks for the tip, I'll try going at it in that order. I love the design of Cainhurst too, and the fact that it's a
snow area
is a plus. What's DBP?

If you really don't want to do any optional boss, than yes
The One Reborn
is next.

I wanna do some optional stuff, yea, although I missed out a good deal already. I didn't know
Rom
was a point of no return, or I would've gone around clearing some of the NPC stuff before I finished it.

I'm just wary of those places because wow, they're a couple of tiers above any of the previous areas. Nightmare especially was literally a nightmare.
Fucking poison swamps, those frenzy-inducing eldritch abominations, and sniper golems out of fucking nowhere.

Soulflarz

Banned
To be fair, even some of the hardest bosses in souls games like S&O are easily breakable with similar strategies. The question is: Doe you want to beat them like that?

Not really, I can see the point for maybe one boss who simply frustrates you to hell, but not much more than that.

It reminds me of my friend who played dark souls and texted me for help the entire damn playthrough. Like- wouldnt go left or right without asking first -_-
I may have had the game memorized back then, but ugh.
Then asked for the effective strats for each boss.
Basically cheesed the entire game. Then farmed in the painted worlds into 3 digits on a normal playthrough, which is ridiculous.

Then...tells me theyre excited for bloodborne, because dark souls was one of their favorite games of all time, if not their favorite (yet they didnt play d2 and hated demon)

I dont know, it just annoys and confuses me. At that point point, I just was sitting there thinking "what could have possibly been enjoyable about this series to you? You dont even comprehend why people like the souls games. I think you like this only because the world told you it's a good game."

Soo basically my thoughts on the matter- if you are ONLY playing a souls game to brag that you played a souls game, go use your time more effectively. I have that problem with games, but I refuse to let it get into my love of souls, since it effectively ruins the purpose of playing the games whatsoever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can someone roughly explain chalice dungeons please? I see several altars, and I have 3 different chalices (I see to be missing one called hintertomb). Does it matter which altar I use? what chalice should I use first? materials?

I feel completely lost

Soulflarz

Banned
can someone roughly explain chalice dungeons please? I see several altars, and I have 3 different chalices (I see to be missing one called hintertomb). Does it matter which altar I use? what chalice should I use first? materials?

I feel completely lost

Diff chalices are diff routes. Just do each one once. And think of them all like chalice save slots- they all exist for the sake of you being able to hold multiple at once. Materials for the initial ones? You should have all of those, the rest are found in previous chalice dungeons.

p3n

Has anyone found an uncanny burial blade in a chalice dungeon yet? I tried to get the lost version from the 5543imxn dungeon but I can't make it past layer 2 solo :(

Hmm, the normal blade of mercy has one of each, I wonder how the lost version of that weapon is.

& uncanny has a unique third slot? Is it any good?

Well, for example, the regular Threaded Cane has a triangular 3rd slot. The Uncanny one has a crescent shaped one.

Cracklox

Thanks for the tip, I'll try going at it in that order. What's DBP?

I wanna do some optional stuff, yea, although I missed out a good deal already. I didn't know
Rom
was a point of no return, or I would've gone around clearing some of the NPC stuff before I finished it.

I'm just wary of those places because wow, they're a couple of tiers above any of the previous areas. Nightmare especially was literally a nightmare.
Fucking poison swamps, those frenzy-inducing eldritch abominations, and sniper golems out of fucking nowhere.

Darkbeast Paarl. He scary. Not too hard though if your decently leveled and geared

Edit - just read my original post - meant to say don't forget DBP

And yeah Nightmare tough. Save that for later. I cleared it just before i finished the last boss.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Diff chalices are diff routes. Just do each one once. And think of them all like chalice save slots- they all exist for the sake of you being able to hold multiple at once. Materials for the initial ones? You should have all of those, the rest are found in previous chalice dungeons.

so the altar doesnt matter?

so I see that depth thing, I guess I should do the depth 1, which needs 2 ritual blood which is how many I have. will I get more ritual blood inside, I see the others need a lot more blood and other mats. this is confusing

AngryMoth

I just can't get that
cathedral
hunter. He never staggers, I mean the last bosses were easy compared to this.

I made a post about how to cheese this asshole yesterday if you or anyone else is interested:
Ok so for those of us that were complaining about a certain extremely difficult NPC hunter fight earlier,
the guy in the cathedral needed to complete Eleen's quest
, I came up with a way of cheesing him which I think should be fairly consistent and easy to pull off.

So once he agros to begin with immediately start backing up towards the stairs. The goal is to get him to enter his 2 handed mode which drains his health, I think if you stay close to him it makes him more likely to do it. Maybe get a few pokes in if you can. Anyway once he goes 2 handed continue backing up down the stairs until he degrees. Do NOT reagro him as this will likely cause him to switch back to one handed. Just keep backing up until you are outside the church doors. Since he's deagroed he doesn't switch stance so you can sit back for a minute or so and watch his hp drain down to zeo

Normally I am a real purist about not cheesing fights in these games but this one just feel unfair to me and I didn't feel bad at all. Fuck that guy

Darkbeast Paarl. He scary. Not too hard though if your decently leveled and geared

Edit - just read my original post - meant to say don't forget DBP

And yeah Nightmare tough. Save that for later. I cleared it just before i finished the last boss.

I actually mentioned in a previous post, what a joke at that point in the game. It really was meant to be fought the first time you got
kidnapped
because your damage and def are now just too high for him to be any threat.

And yea, went through my entire stock of vials and sedatives just to get to the shortcut of the first area in
Nightmare

What is DBP, sorry? My acronym dictionary is failing me. Edit: Oh right, yea, got it. As I've mentioned.^

IrishNinja

gettin stomped on by the first boss...i can level a few more times now though; i typically went with a dex build in demons/dark so should i focus on skill/vita or just whatever stats work? endurance lookin good right now too but i could stand to hit harder

What a ride. Thanks to From, Sony, and Miyazaki for such an incredible game.

damn dude, congrats!

Mendax

I actually mentioned in a previous post, what a joke at that point in the game. It really was meant to be fought the first time you got
kidnapped

And yea, went through my entire stock of vials and sedatives just to get to the shortcut of the first area in
Nightmare

What is DBP, sorry? My acronym dictionary is failing me. Edit: Oh right, yea, got it. As I've mentioned.^

Da
rk Beast Paarl
Boss

d00d3n

I missed the Eileen the Crow encounter in Church Ward, but have done the other encounters except the last. Will she be hostile during the last encounter or will I be able do do the ordinary fight against the hunter
and get a chance to join the covenant
?

SkylineRKR

Fuck Hintertomb layer 2.
Fighting groups in poison areas can fuck off.

lol'd at the boss though. That fucking pig. I thought 'ha, this is going to be an easy backstab'. But he mauled me with his new rear moves! I lol'd.

And then the Undead Giant, with a fucking bazooka. lmao. He was much easier than the double sword one though.

Fuck Hintertomb layer 2.
Fighting groups in poison areas can fuck off.

lol'd at the boss though. That fucking pig. I thought 'ha, this is going to be an easy backstab'. But he mauled me with his new rear moves! I lol'd.

And then the Undead Giant, with a fucking bazooka. lmao. He was much easier than the double sword one though.

You're going to love the boss of the 3rd layer. It's hilarious.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So how does one survive the frenzy-inducing enemy in the N
ightmare Frontier
? That is some BS...

Also any way to reach those rock throwers, they OHKO me and it's very annoying. I'd like to take my time and explore the swamp but it's just too risky.

Alo0oy

Banned
Well, for example, the regular Threaded Cane has a triangular 3rd slot. The Uncanny one has a crescent shaped one.

Oh so it's not a unique slot, just a different one.

Anybody compiled a list for all chalice dungeon set ups for all the uncanny & lost weapons yet?

Cracklox

kidnapped

Nightmare

What is DBP, sorry? My acronym dictionary is failing me.

DarkBeast Paarl. Maybe just DP

And yeah that how I felt. Left him when I got mauled after being kidnapped. Later on was cake. 1st boss i killed with the blades of mercy too. Wasn't sure with there lack of range how they would go. They're freaking savage if you get it right.....

Fuck SoY's tentacle attack. I'm going to wreck your shit, just you wait. Moreover I used a Bolt Paper right before the fog gate and the game somehow glitched and the only sound I could hear was the crackling of electricity, so dodging attacks by their audio cues was impossible.

Alo0oy

Banned
ightmare Frontier
? That is some BS...

Also any way to reach those rock throwers, they OHKO me and it's very annoying. I'd like to take my time and explore the swamp but it's just too risky.

Sedatives, low insight, high frenzy resistant armor, & frenzy resistant rune.

Virdix

So what are your overall impressions? I'm interested to hear from people that have finished all the chalice dungeon depths, still only on depth 2 myself

Lower Pthumeru is like endgame imo, it offers a solid challenge. When you get to Loran the difficulty spikes a bit, you cant afford to make many mistakes, traps will one shot or very nearly one shot you. I had a room with two bell maidens (summoners) and two werewolves, I went insane trying to dodge the spiders. Defiled Chalice is absolutely the hardest of the bunch... except maybe
Cursed and Defiled Chalice.
Once you've cleared Defiled and the Great Ihyll Chalice everything else including Isz and hintertomb so far feel very lackluster in comparison.

Overall I think its worth doing, I got addicted to the challenge (harder than the actual game IMO) and tacked on tones of hours. Completely stopped my new character and my NG+ playthroughs. If you explore every layer 100% you wont have to repeat them for materials( in my experience). I went back into NG+ before I got off today and absolutely demolished VA, my monitor even turned off for the last 30 seconds.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: There are new bosses and exclusive armor to the chalice dungeons, I think they are worth doing just for that, as well as some old favorites(Read: bastards) in harder forms. I feel like I've perfected
Amygdala and Erbrietas

KZObsessed

Oh shit just found out that the number of messengers around a lamp is how many people are in that area... I'll be damned.

Omfg.

So I'm gonna try some co-op today for first time. In the old games everyone put their summon signs down before the boss for obvious reasons. This game with the bells is it best to set them off at the lamp light and just make your way through the level or does that give you more chance of being invaded?

ightmare Frontier
? That is some BS...

Try to kill it as fast as possible otherwise you'll need to pop some sedatives. It has around 800 health iirc

Any word on when the fix for the key not appearing in Byrgenwerth is going to be out? I haven't started the area yet but I kinda don't want to do it until I know the issue has been fixed.

In the meantime I'm doing Chalice Dungeons, which have all been awesome so far. What a great feature!

I think that would help a lot of people get started, it honestly adds a good amount of time to your playthrough ands its a lot of fun... and evil.

The first Chalice Dungeon messed me with pretty bad with those swinging guillotines and poison crossbow guy across the bridge. That was damn evil.

d00d3n

I missed the Eileen the Crow encounter in Church Ward, but have done the other encounters except the last. Will she be hostile during the last encounter or will I be able do do the ordinary fight against the hunter
and get a chance to join the covenant
?

From what I have read, she appears to be hostile if you miss the Church Ward encounter. That is really shitty quest design imo. She only appears in Church Ward after opening the area up, but this appearance is not signposted at all. Meanwhile, the T
omb of
O
edon
encounter just begs to be investigated early. I attempted to do my usual insight farming on the boss, but it was not possible to teleport to the lamp. Naturally I went there to investigate, but this apparently fucked my progress on one of the major questlines.

Hugstable

Banned
Any word on when the fix for the key not appearing in Byrgenwerth is going to be out? I haven't started the area yet but I kinda don't want to do it until I know the issue has been fixed.

In the meantime I'm doing Chalice Dungeons, which have all been awesome so far. What a great feature!

Just don't play it in co-op, its fine otherwise

Weird, the (late game area)
nightmare lecture building
has tons of technical problems. God awful, PS2 level IQ, shimmering everywhere, visible texture seams in the wall, etc.

aravuus

If someone is bored and around level 52, please come help me fight Rom. Trying to summon without a password and it's just not summoning anyone. I wish they'd fix the network issues already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom