• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only just started playing. Here's two spoilerific questions.

1. When do I get some points of Insight? I know that some item grants it.

2. When do I get to summon other players to help me?

Insight is gain when discovering boss and then when defeating them. You will get some doing other tasks too. Also, you can find Madman's Knowledge skulls, there give you +1.

Mogwai

When you see a boss, you gain insight. When you defeat it, you get some more.

You need 10 insight to unlock a vendor in Hunter's Dream.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Hey guys, I just cleared the first chalice dungeon at lvl 24, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a recommended range for these things or if they just scale with your level?
Wondering if there's any point in trying the next one right now.

Curious about this too. Up to the lost woods at level 33. Was thinking about doing some chalice dungeons as I'm waiting for a buddy to level up any higher and I would hate to start and just be too under leveled.

AngryMoth

1. Insight comes from items, plus a bunch of other things such as discovering and beating bosses and some other events, I'm not sure of all of them. Also for winning an invasion or helping someone beat a boss in coop.
2. There should be a message on the stairs in the hunter's dream that gives you the item you need

glaurung

Insight is gain when discovering boss and then when defeating them. You will get some doing other tasks too. Also, you can find Madman's Knowledge skulls, there give you +1.
When you see a boss, you gain insight. When you defeat it, you get some more.

You need 10 insight to unlock a vendor in Hunter's Dream.
1. Insight comes from items, plus a bunch of other things such as discovering and beating bosses and some other events, I'm not sure of all of them. Also for winning an invasion or helping someone beat a boss in coop.
2. There should be a message on the stairs in the hunter's dream that gibes you the item you need
Thanks guys! Will keep pushing forward.

Here's another spoiler:
I suck at Bloodborne.

Thanks guys! Will keep pushing forward.

Here's another spoiler:
I suck at Bloodborne.

Everybody does. Don't worry. Just take your time. Accept that dying will happen, a lot. Learn, take it slow, experiment with dodging, attacks, timing, keep an eye on your stamina. You will be fine. As long as you are patient, you will be fine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFS!!!!

Jse4P6v.png

SomTervo

To save myself the risk of levelling my weapon badly (ala Dark Souls elemental system):

What do we know at this point about BB's weapon upgrade system? I've got my Hunter's Axe up to +3, but immediately after doing this I suddenly panicked, remembering that in DaS your weapon was stuck non-elemental if you hit +6. Someone in OT2 or something mentioned that there's some level split after +2 on weapons in BB. May have been talking shite.

Is there only one upgrade path for weapons in BB? Am I okay to keep pouring shards into my Axe and occasionally Blunderbuss?

Ha!

AngryMoth

Can anyone tell me how powerful L
udvig's
R
ifle
is fully upgraded? Not sure whether to switch to that or stick with the E
velyn

Man, this game is like digital Stockholm syndrome.

Beat
BSB
solo after 5-6 tries.

Should I go for the
Vicar?
I was exploring the area to the right of what I think is her door when I stumbled upon a guy with an electric mace. Took him out easy but was ambushed by his buddy with a rifle spear. SOB hit me as a killed him and we both died

I need some location hunting help.

I remember seeing this big lake with bunch of fat assholes standing around. I think it's somewhere in the forest area but can't find it.

You guys know what I'm talking about?

Alo0oy

Banned
I was going to do a strength/arcane build next, but I've been hearing that my strength stat would be useless once I put elemental gems on my weapon, is that true?

Hawkie

Beat
BSB
solo after 5-6 tries.

Should I go for the
Vicar?
I was exploring the area to the right of what I think is her door when I stumbled upon a guy with an electric mace. Took him out easy but was ambushed by his buddy with a rifle spear. SOB hit me as a killed him and we both died

Go left for upgrades.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Played about 3.5 hours today. I had to restrain myself from playing more and instead workout, get some chores done, etc. I spent most of the time in the Forbidden Woods. I also found the
secret tunnel that leads back to the clinic
. I picked up the item that let me get to
Cainhurst Castle
. I got wrecked by the enemies there, so I decided to head back to the Forbidden Woods.

I have unlocked the shortcut right beside the lamp at the entrance of the Forbidden Woods. I went through the next area, which was pretty confusing/disorienting. It all kind of looked the same. Progress was tedious, as I was being pretty careful. I accidentally ended up in the boss area...I should have known it was the boss area, as it was a wide open space. Oh well. I got destroyed almost instantly when I attacked (fire damage).

I didn't unlock any shortcuts to the boss fight at all...Going back is going to be a slog. Are there any shortcuts in the area? I didn't come across any, though during the final section I rushed around because I was being chased by the giant pigs.

Does insight affect difficulty?

Some enemies gain extra attacks. But you will also get..insight. For example, I heard of at least one boss that says extra lines / sound changes. You are able to see things that you didn't see before, etc.

It's a trade-off. You get more lore and..insight of game, but enemies get more dangerous.

Lombax

Banned
An example of why I love these games:

Last night I stepped out of the cathedral and ran into a new enemy I had never seen before (Cloaked fellow with a large sack that I'll assume was filled with dead kittens).
I went at him, and ultimately died.
I was expecting to wake up back in the cathedral, but nope! Begin cutscene where I end up in a cell, and immediately get the feeling that I am somewhere I should not be!
Yup turns out I ended up in Yahar’gul the Unseen Village.
I krept around the area for a good long while, killed what I could, found a crazy armor set, and lost 13k souls.
To an extent it reminded me of my first trip into Sen's Fortress. I was feeling all bad ass having downed a bunch of bosses, new area open up, and I am all "Let's go kill some stuff!" I walk into the entrance, step on the trap, get 3 darts to the face, then a cobra man cuts my head off!
Its as if these games like to take a moment and remind the player to know their place in the world!

LOVE THIS GAME!

Krayzie

Beat
BSB
solo after 5-6 tries.

Should I go for the
Vicar?

Def go for it. It's honestly quite easy once you memorize her moves. She has shite defence for rear attacks so keep nailing her ass and you'll be fine.

Does insight affect difficulty?

Most def.
Been proven already. Certain enemies get additional attacks (i.e the dude with the lamp on his left hand), once you hit a certain level of insight, he's able to bust out attacks via the lamp as opposed to it merely being there just for aesthetics.

Putty

Gascoigne has ruined it for me....just can't do it. Not blaming the game, just my skills are just not upto the task. 8(

JNT

BSB ahhh! Got him down to a sliver and just died from poison. I need to learn how to time my parries. Im so bad at it.

I suck at parries too so I just went with the shield. Try to use the pillars as a buffer between you and BSB (
especially when the poison AOE is in effect
) and attack when he's recovering from a move.

Played about 3.5 hours today. I had to restrain myself from playing more and instead workout, get some chores done, etc. I spent most of the time in the Forbidden Woods. I also found the
secret tunnel that leads back to the clinic
. I picked up the item that let me get to
Cainhurst Castle
. I got wrecked by the enemies there, so I decided to head back to the Forbidden Woods.

I have unlocked the shortcut right beside the lamp at the entrance of the Forbidden Woods. I went through the next area, which was pretty confusing/disorienting. It all kind of looked the same. Progress was tedious, as I was being pretty careful. I accidentally ended up in the boss area...I should have known it was the boss area, as it was a wide open space. Oh well. I got destroyed almost instantly when I attacked (fire damage).

I didn't unlock any shortcuts to the boss fight at all...Going back is going to be a slog. Are there any shortcuts in the area? I didn't come across any, though during the final section I rushed around because I was being chased by the giant pigs.

Two shortcuts.

First is around
where you see the first snake-headed man.

Second is around
where giant pigs roam around. When traveling through shortcuts to boss, I pass two patrolling giant pigs.

Skyler

Unconfirmed Member

Just before the boss fight, there's a quiet path leading up to a gated graveyard area (with 1 enemy). Unlock it so you can do a run from the elevator and then drop down from the top of the cliff to there.

ys45

Played 4h yesterday without dying :p Beated
Father Gascoigne
first try with the help of the
Music box

I was wondering, when you give the
ruby brooch to the little girl
she start crying and then you can no longer talk to her. Before I forget about this, do I have to come back later or am I done with this quest ?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mendrox, if you're reading this, check your PM!

JNT

Gascoigne has ruined it for me....just can't do it. Not blaming the game, just my skills are just not upto the task. 8(

I have to admit he's the boss I've been having the most trouble with so far as well. However, there are winning strategies.
Learn when you can do a visceral attack on him (usually when he's mid-swing), then walk up to him when he's staggered and do an execution move for massive damage. You can do visceral attacks on his beast form as well, but I just went the cheap route and pelted him with molotovs during his transformation. If that doesn't do him in use the music box in his vicinity after he has transformed. That will stagger him for a good 5-10 seconds, which is long enough for you to throw three or so molotovs.

Arjen

I need some location hunting help.

I remember seeing this big lake with bunch of fat assholes standing around. I think it's somewhere in the forest area but can't find it.

You guys know what I'm talking about?

I think so, head to the area where there are cages with dogs and a house with a lantern. Just past that you go up a small bit and then you'll find pretty hidden path.

aravuus

Oh god, finally Rom is dead lol. The wait for every single summon (30-45min each) made the boss far, far more annoying than it would have been otherwise.

Creepy cutscene, creepy message, can't wait to see what's in store for me. I'm around two thirds through the game, right?

Guru-Guru

Banned
Just before the boss fight, there's a quiet path leading up to a gated graveyard area (with 1 enemy). Unlock it so you can do a run from the elevator and then drop down from the top of the cliff to there.
I remember unlocking that door and killing a snake dude. You're referring to the first elevator near the entrance to the Forbidden Woods, right?

inter

This ended up being the very first boss I found and I got stuck here for a while too, so I know the feeling (went back and found the first boss after finding Gascoigne and getting slaughtered).

Not sure what level you are, but I went back and farmed some souls to level up a bit before tackling him again and it definitely felt like it was helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom