• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
must have been because i initially skipped him and came back after i reached the forest but bsb was surprisingly easy. i beat him in one try. think that might be a souls first for me. i even died once to the witch lol

SkylineRKR

I cannot make a root version of the first dungeon. Shouldn't I have those items after clearing the normal version?

I did the first one, central one and first Hintertomb up to layer 3.

Zabby

I'm starting to do this for every boss now.... But: 6th boss, the
giant spider. How do I avoid those massive rocks it keeps theowing at me? I'm starting to think that it is entirely random whether I'll be hit or not. Once I dodge them entirely, once (with full stamina and in mid roll) they drain my whole life. It's getting annoying. "I'll break the controller" annoying.

Cracklox

Hooboy! Spent the last few hours co-opping CB and BSB. Such good fights. CB fight at the end seems different depending on
how much damage you get on his face. If you wreck his face early he seems to curl up in a corner and you have to go to him , otherwise he'll chase you around at the end. Pretty cool

I did it !!! R
om is fucking dead as death, did it with my low level guy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRWJf-QhezE
, feels good.

giant spider. How do I avoid those massive rocks it keeps theowing at me? I'm starting to think that it is entirely random whether I'll be hit or not. Once I dodge them entirely, once (with full stamina and in mid roll) they drain my whole life. It's getting annoying. "I'll break the controller" annoying.

These posts together.
In the video, you see the boss hardly uses any of the attack Zappy here (and me too) is struggling with. I mean...where are the ice stones that always kill me on that video?

Personally, I am not super annoyed with Rom yet, I am confident I can beat him, but I just wonder. I have seen now a couple of videos where it does not use that skill much. Is it about distance to the boss or..?

Mogwai

These posts together.
In the video, you see the boss hardly uses any of the attack Zappy here (and me too) is struggling with. I mean...where are the ice stones that always kill me on that video?

Personally, I am not super annoyed with Rom yet, I am confident I can beat him, but I just wonder. I have seen now a couple of videos where it does not use that skill much. Is it about distance to the boss or..?

You just gotta stay close to him. That seems to be the key.

Be brave and pwn.

KxoZz

That happened with me too, so I started to just
watch the sky when it does that attack and dodge once left, once right, once forward
That worked for me 99% of the time.

IrishNinja

gettin stomped on by the first boss...i can level a few more times now though; i typically went with a dex build in demons/dark so should i focus on skill/vita or just whatever stats work? endurance lookin good right now too but i could stand to hit harder

anybody? for real, most of em around around 15 or so right now, not sure what to work on next
also is +1/crafting the starter weapon a bad idea here?

GavinGT

Banned
These posts together.

He doesn't throw the ice stones unless you get more than ~30 feet from him. In that video, he was rarely at ice stone range (only for a few seconds at a time to heal).

GavinGT

Banned
anybody? for real, most of em around around 15 or so right now, not sure what to work on next
also is +1/crafting the starter weapon a bad idea here?

Concentrate on staying perfectly behind him at all times. He literally can't hit you if you're right on his ass. Lock on helps with this, but can cause camera whackery.

And feel free to level up the starting weapon. I'm still using it and I'm on NG+.

IrishNinja

Concentrate on staying perfectly behind him at all times. He literally can't hit you if you're right on his ass.

And feel free to level up the starting weapon. I'm still using it and I'm on NG+.

good to know man, thanks! and damn, was thinking that'd work but the camera sometimes gets wonky like the tower knight guy in demon's, haha...gonna have to make it work!

K87wpGk.jpg

1016.gif

Cracklox

These posts together.

Stick at it man. When you get him you'll be like 'dang, that wasn't hard'. At least thats what I was like. Got him after a few goes. I was always pretty confident because you can inflict heavy damage on him its just figuring out the best way to avoid his.

I think i died more times trying to kill that weird centipede thing on the way though. I knew I didn't have to but I had to teach that thing a lesson. Which didn't go so well

Good luck and good hunting

Ostinatto

first, wear arcane armor, when you see him trying to stand up, rocks are coming, look up , and roll 2 times in different directions just before the rocks hit you, IF you get him to second phase near the center of the arena, get close to him fast and maybe he will not summon those rocks.

KZObsessed

Do you guys reckon level 29 is too low for Vicar Amelia? Should I go explore Old Yarnham again to see if I can find the boss there?

You know when you go to the nightmare realm and kill it. Why does it still show up outside of the nightmare realm? Is it glitches? Should I let him grab me again?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Daaaamn that felt gooooood

did I miss anything, past 8 hours?

Ethelwulf

I spent whole blood vitals + 6 molotovs on Cleric and yet he kills me. I'm done with game.
Nooo don't give up! It's hard as a new comer (I'm as well), but believe me you'll do it sooner or later. Watch some "how to kill the cleric beast" videos on YouTube and you'll be fine. It's rewarding as hell.

Rektash

Do you guys reckon level 29 is too low for
Vicar Amelia
? Should I go explore Old Yarnham again to see if I can find the boss there?

Should be doable at 29. I don't think I was much higher level wise at that point. Did
Vicar Amelia
as my third boss as well.

I wonder how many patches it'll take for the Blades of Mercy to be nerfed. If you get anything with that 4th strike they're fucked as long as you have decent endurance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i'm 90 hours in, i like to explore a lot. but i dont like to level up too much ,only for weapon requirements.

WHERE ARE THE LOW LEVEL WARRIORS GAF? HELP ME OUT .
fuck low level ._.

cslesce

Nooo don't give up! It's hard as a new comer (I'm as well), but believe me you'll do it sooner or later. Watch some "how to kill the cleric beast" videos on YouTube and you'll be fine. It's rewarding as hell.

Tried 5x times....i don't have nerves....pretty much done with this game.

Stick at it man. When you get him you'll be like 'dang, that wasn't hard'.

Good luck and good hunting

That's how it has been with all the bosses I had trouble beating. When it finally clicks, all that using vials and dying of one hit kills seems so dumb. Why didn't I do it like this the first time?

What a game. And thanks!

Arcayne

felt like popping in to say my ps4 is coming tmrw! gonna play bloodborne all night and finally join the discussions. for now, time to abandon ship before i see too much

Zocano

yes and the
nightmare frontier
and
mensis nightmare
are both accessed from the
nightmare lecture
hall, where you get by killing the O
ne Reborn

RIght after you fight Rom you get transported to the the circular room with Agmadala over you, right? I was plodding to the entrance of the unseen village, and the guy just scoops me up, kills me and transports me to the lecture hall.

oh wow, thats kinda cool. He had gotten to me earlier and I think with the amount of hp i had then that wasnt survivable. So I just avoided him later on

Actually...

You never have to go to Yahar'gul. It's a completely optional area. Once you get the Tonsil Stone from The Forbidden Woods, getting grabbed by a Lesser Amygdala (big cthulu faces on the walls) warps you out of its hand. Getting grabbed by the one that guards Yahar'gul's entrance (the spot where you go after beating Rom) gets you warped to the Lecture Building 2nd Floor from which you can just head right to Nightmare of Mensis.

Is there any way to easily check the stats of purchasable armor against what you have equipped? It's really annoying to have to keep going back forth between the equip screen and the store menu. And speaking of armor, is the initial purchasable set good enough for awhile? The set at the insight store looks cool but stats-wise is worse than what I have, and the new set at the other store has better arcane and fire resistance but is pretty comparable otherwise, and it costs a ton of echoes.

I was loving the game, but while BSB only took me two tries I used nearly 20 vials during both attempts. Now I'm completely out and I'm having trouble progressing. I really don't want to have to run around areas I've already cleared hoping enemies will drop vials but it's looking like I'll have to.

Ethelwulf

Tried 5x times....i don't have nerves....pretty much done with this game.

:( Ok. Just for the record: I tried to kill the second boss around 15 times but I managed to kill the mother sucker at the end. Nothing to be ashamed of. But it's ok. My suggestion: Don't give up and change your tactics. Watch some videos, they might help you a lot.

Rektash

Friday and monday are holidays for me - hopefully a four days weekend will be enough for the final push. Sometimes I hate havin a fulltime job ;_;.

aravuus

If someone is bored and around level 52, please come help me fight Rom. Trying to summon without a password and it's just not summoning anyone. I wish they'd fix the network issues already...

Anyone? I've been standing in front of the fog door summoning for like 15 minutes now. This is infuriating.

I want my summon signs back :( this system is fucking terrible

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone? I've been standing in front of the fog door summoning for like 15 minutes now. This is infuriating.

I want my summon signs back :( this system is fucking terrible

I might be within range.

edit:

BRT using the gaf pass from the op.

edit2:

Make sure you restart your game if you had it on suspend mode, causes online not to work or something.

Wabba

Having some serious trouble with
Micolash
, anybody have any tips to have you can beat him or can help me out? is he optional?

Vanmunt

Banned
Is there any way to easily check the stats of purchasable armor against what you have equipped? It's really annoying to have to keep going back forth between the equip screen and the store menu. And speaking of armor, is the initial purchasable set good enough for awhile? The set at the insight store looks cool but stats-wise is worse than what I have, and the new set at the other store has better arcane and fire resistance but is pretty comparable otherwise, and it costs a ton of echoes.

I was loving the game, but while BSB only took me two tries I used nearly 20 vials during both attempts. Now I'm completely out and I'm having trouble progressing. I really don't want to have to run around areas I've already cleared hoping enemies will drop vials but it's looking like I'll have to.

Do the central Yharnam warewolf house trick a couple of times, guaranteed blood vials.

Vishnu

Having some serious trouble with
Micolash
, anybody have any tips to have you can beat him or can help me out? is he optional?

He is optional if Im not mistaken.
First half is easy, dodge and atack, you can even get a visceral attack in.
Second half sucks ass, shoot the thing he drops, (stick like thing), dodge, 1 or 2 fast attacks and dodge.

He is hard, but very doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom