Since I probably won't be available for the whole August, here's an update about Bloodborne remaster:
1. There was another big playtest round of PC port in July to address issues that were found during previous QA tests.
2. All found critical bugs were fixed, online functionality is fully operational, the work on the port is almost finished.
3. Don't expect miracles with the framerate, anything above 60 FPS still causing a lot of issues and game will probably be capped at 60 FPS even on PC (though I'm sure modders will figure out how to remove it).
4. Sony wants to push Bloodborne remaster in PS5 launch window line-up, but stuff can still be moved to a later date. Regardless, I personally doubt it won't release in 2020 and it shouldn't take too long for the official reveal since the work on the remaster is more or less done.
5. The official announcement should be in the next few months, but it's hard to tell exactly when and how this will happen. Just like MS and Ubisoft did with their own events, Sony is also planning to host a few showcases before PS5 release, the closest one is the State of Play in August and it MIGHT show up here, but I have no solid evidence that it'll be announced here. I don't like that companies now prefer to hold reveals back instead of announcing everything in one big event (it's crazy that we still don't even know the XSX and PS5 prices), but unfortunately, I can't do anything about it.
6. Still undecided if it's going to be a free update or not for PS4 players who migrate to PS5, remaster includes all GOTY edition content with slightly improved performance and visuals, but nothing really new.
I'll repeat this again, you are free to choose what you want to believe, and it's completely fine if you won't trust me. I'm not making all this up for attention and views, I don't have time and energy to work on my channel right now anyway and provided this update only because people keep asking about any update on the news. This info about Bloodborne remaster is what I've been told by other people that in the past provided me with info about other unannounced games that were officially confirmed later, so I highly doubt that this time I've been lied to. And considering that the same sources told me a few weeks ago to not expect to see Elden Ring on a recent Xbox event and this is ended up being confirmed as well, I'm still going to believe them regarding BB PC stuff.
I know it can be frustrating that it takes so much time for an official reveal, but the coronavirus pandemic messed up a lot of things, including in the gaming industry. I mean, HZD was already in the playable state on PC by the beginning of 2020, but we are getting it only now (not just because of COVID-19 though, Guerilla decided to do additional work on PC version instead of simple direct port, but that's another story). So please be patient, Sony can announce Bloodborne remaster during one of the upcoming events or just drop it randomly as blogpost announcement, but this will eventually happen.