• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC / PS5 Rumor Resurfaces With Details Of Alleged Playtest

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Since I probably won't be available for the whole August, here's an update about Bloodborne remaster:

1. There was another big playtest round of PC port in July to address issues that were found during previous QA tests.
2. All found critical bugs were fixed, online functionality is fully operational, the work on the port is almost finished.
3. Don't expect miracles with the framerate, anything above 60 FPS still causing a lot of issues and game will probably be capped at 60 FPS even on PC (though I'm sure modders will figure out how to remove it).
4. Sony wants to push Bloodborne remaster in PS5 launch window line-up, but stuff can still be moved to a later date. Regardless, I personally doubt it won't release in 2020 and it shouldn't take too long for the official reveal since the work on the remaster is more or less done.
5. The official announcement should be in the next few months, but it's hard to tell exactly when and how this will happen. Just like MS and Ubisoft did with their own events, Sony is also planning to host a few showcases before PS5 release, the closest one is the State of Play in August and it MIGHT show up here, but I have no solid evidence that it'll be announced here. I don't like that companies now prefer to hold reveals back instead of announcing everything in one big event (it's crazy that we still don't even know the XSX and PS5 prices), but unfortunately, I can't do anything about it.
6. Still undecided if it's going to be a free update or not for PS4 players who migrate to PS5, remaster includes all GOTY edition content with slightly improved performance and visuals, but nothing really new.

I'll repeat this again, you are free to choose what you want to believe, and it's completely fine if you won't trust me. I'm not making all this up for attention and views, I don't have time and energy to work on my channel right now anyway and provided this update only because people keep asking about any update on the news. This info about Bloodborne remaster is what I've been told by other people that in the past provided me with info about other unannounced games that were officially confirmed later, so I highly doubt that this time I've been lied to. And considering that the same sources told me a few weeks ago to not expect to see Elden Ring on a recent Xbox event and this is ended up being confirmed as well, I'm still going to believe them regarding BB PC stuff.

I know it can be frustrating that it takes so much time for an official reveal, but the coronavirus pandemic messed up a lot of things, including in the gaming industry. I mean, HZD was already in the playable state on PC by the beginning of 2020, but we are getting it only now (not just because of COVID-19 though, Guerilla decided to do additional work on PC version instead of simple direct port, but that's another story). So please be patient, Sony can announce Bloodborne remaster during one of the upcoming events or just drop it randomly as blogpost announcement, but this will eventually happen.

Last edited:

Deto

Banned
Do you mean that before he was wrong with "Sony will announce BB on PC in the announcement of PS5"?
But is he right now?

Are there people who still repeat that dream? every 6 months some idiot on youtube regurgitates this delirium.

And what a coincidence, this Rumor appears the day after the Halo fiasco?

Whenever a negative news from the xbox appears, a negative "rumor" appears about the Playstation the other day.

Last edited:

schaft0620

Assuming this is true there must be another PS5 games event incoming.

- Launch lineup confirmed
- Spider-Man MM gameplay
- Bloodborne + 1 other thing
- RE8 VR confirmed
- What PS4 games will get upgraded

6. Still undecided if it's going to be a free update or not for PS4 players who migrate to PS5, remaster includes all GOTY edition content with slightly improved performance and visuals, but nothing really new.

As long as there's a free update for the PS4 version I don't have an issue with this. The PS5 is supposed to be backwards compatible with the PS4 version so I'm going to have an issue next gen with simple remasters if they don't update the PS4 version for free.

Do you mean that before he was wrong with "Sony will announce BB on PC in the announcement of PS5"?
But is he right now?

Are there people who still repeat that dream? every 6 months some idiot on youtube regurgitates this delirium.

Whenever a negative news from the xbox appears, a negative "rumor" appears about the Playstation the other day.

what negative rumor about playstation? isn't this positive rumor, aren't we all looking forward to replaying bloodborne at higher resolution and higher frame rates good frame pacing on the PS5 before demons souls remake comes out?

Deto

Banned
How's having an updated version of the greatest PS4 exclusive on PC and PS5 something negative?
List wars right? I think you showed your true colors there.

Negative because it reinforces the narrative that is trying to be forced from "Sony will also launch all exclusives on the PC"

Deto

Banned
what negative rumor about playstation? isn't this positive rumor, aren't we all looking forward to replaying bloodborne at higher resolution and higher frame rates good frame pacing on the PS5 before demons souls remake comes out?

Negative because it reinforces the narrative that is trying to be forced from "Sony will also launch all exclusives on the PC"

Not to mention that the timing is perfect for people to stop talking about the clowning with Halo and start arguing about rumors of playstation games, trying to score:

"sony will also launch the exclusives on the PC"

"Sony has no retro and wants to sell AGAIN Remaster "

FunkMiller

Eh... who’s actually thinking this though? All I see is Sony using a PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn to get people to buy a Ps5 for the sequel, and a PC port of Bloodborne to get people to buy a Ps5 for the se -

AAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!

Bloodborne 2 confirmed!!!!

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Again with yet another port rumors of Bloodborne?

Admit you guys just want anything related to say "please be true". Do you guys can't get enought of BB rumors?

When this turn out to be a reveal, then I will believe. But for now, its nothing more than rumors down to the "port begging dream list".

Last edited:

Not to mention that the timing is perfect for people to stop talking about the clowning with Halo and start arguing about rumors of playstation games, trying to score:

"sony will also launch the exclusives on the PC"

"Sony has no retro and wants to sell AGAIN Remaster "

nah dawg that negative perception about sony is the vocal minority.

Metnut

Don’t care about it coming to PC, I’ve had the game for years, but this raises my hope that Bloodborne 2 is From’s next project after Elden Ring.

Deto

Banned
nah dawg that negative perception about sony is the vocal minority.

It is enough to give ammunition for xbox fans to continue with FUD on the PS5.

a few days before the announcement of the postponement of Halo, news appears of "insider" lying about power "greater than the numbers" in favor of SX, and about "Resident evil does not reach 1080p on PS5"

The day after the announcement of the postponement of Halo, "Sony will make bloodborne Remaster to sell again on PS5 and still launch on PC because it will launch everything on PC in the end"

GHG

Gold Member
Let it go already.

e30XwxR.gif

Mmnow

a few days before the announcement of the postponement of Halo, news appears of "insider" lying about power "greater than the numbers" in favor of SX, and about "Resident evil does not reach 1080p on PS5"

The day after the announcement of the postponement of Halo, "Sony will make bloodborne Remaster to sell again on PS5 and still launch on PC because it will launch everything on PC in the end"
Selling a remaster on a device with BC is iffy, especially since people were desperate for a Pro patch.

But if this were announced, the only people saying the PC port is a negative will be PS fanboys upset other people will play their games and it's "watering down the brand". Most everybody else is indifferent at worst and supportive of the idea at best.

Azurro

Banned
Eh... who’s actually thinking this though? All I see is Sony using a PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn to get people to buy a Ps5 for the sequel, and a PC port of Bloodborne to get people to buy a Ps5 for the se -

AAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!

Bloodborne 2 confirmed!!!!

May you have the words of a prophet. I'm dying to get a Bloodborne sequel.

JoeDanny

But is he right now?

...what? How is this anything but a positive for Sony fans? More people get to play arguably one of the best games of the 8th gen, and all you can think of is how is threatens your position in a console war?

mortal

Gold Member
We must leave Bloodborne in the PS4 era and pray Sony&From can make a deal for a Bloodborne 2.
Bloodborne remaster IS part of the deal for Bloodborne 2. This remaster port is part of the roadmap. It's expanding the potential player base to PC.
Which will help facilitate even more anticipation and new PS5 purchases for the inevitable Bloodborne 2 announcement/release.

I mean, I liked Bloodborne a lot, but if there's a PS5 version of it, that just makes me feel like the Demon's Souls remake is much further off and I'd rather have that.
Bluepoint's Demon's Souls is a complete remake from scratch, so naturally it'll take longer than remastering a game like Bloodborne.
I'm thinking the Demon's Souls remake is a late 2021 release, where as the Bloodborne remaster could be, at the latest, an early 2021 release.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Bluepoint's Demon's Souls is a complete remake from scratch, so naturally it'll take longer than remastering a game like Bloodborne.
I'm thinking the Demon's Souls remake is a late 2021 release, where as the Bloodborne remaster could be, at the latest, an early 2021 release.

But, let's say you're Mr. Sony. It's your job to space out game releases throughout the years. Are you going to choose to put out a Demon's Souls remake that close to a Bloodborne remaster? I'd think you'd want to space them out.

And if you're From Software, and you have Elden Ring on the horizon, where does that fit in? You probably don't want to release it too close to a Bloodborne remaster either. It just makes me think that we'll be waiting years on Demon's Souls Remake and that's the one I'd want the most.

Mmnow

But, let's say you're Mr. Sony. It's your job to space out game releases throughout the years. Are you going to choose to put out a Demon's Souls remake that close to a Bloodborne remaster? I'd think you'd want to space them out.

And if you're From Software, and you have Elden Ring on the horizon, where does that fit in? You probably don't want to release it too close to a Bloodborne remaster either. It just makes me think that we'll be waiting years on Demon's Souls Remake and that's the one I'd want the most.
I think Demons Souls is a long way off. I'm not even sure Elden Ring exists anymore (joke? 😢).

Realistically, this genre is about as niche as you can get without entering into simulator territory. Just a tad less niche than graphic novels and anime dating sims, only it has a modicum of respect.

If Sony are financing a remake, its probably not a bad idea to remind the less core supporter of the genre that it exists shortly before. Fanfare around a wildly respected game returning on PS5 and PC will do the remake a world of good.

PC people are still not going to buy a PS5 for Demons Souls or Horizon 2, but that's a story for a different day.

INC

Wish I could play bloodborne, unfortunately after several attempts, I'm just shit at it

I'll carry on watching speed runs i guess

Stuart360

God you sound pathetic. This is nothing but GOOD news, for both PS5 and PC.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
60 fps PS5 remaster and I'm in day one - and I wanted to wait until RE8 to buy the PS5. Yes, this is how much I love Bloodborne.

Would be awesome. It's not like it'll eat into PS4 sales this late in the generation. It'd just expand the brand and potentially lure PC only people if a Bloodborne 2 is released.

Zelent

Man... I sure am glad I skipped this console generation.

Ended up investing in a powerful PC, and it was more than worth it.
It's particularly paying dividends now, since all the exclusives are coming to PC anyway.

I need Bloodborne 60 fps, 4k and no load screens.

Also give me that haptic feedback so I can feel how I crush my enemies and hear the lementation of their women in 3D.

cryogenic7

But is he right now?

How is this negative news? Games being available to play on multiple platforms is always good news.

FunkMiller

Wish I could play bloodborne, unfortunately after several attempts, I'm just shit at it

I'll carry on watching speed runs i guess

Everybody is shit at it when they start. Everybody. I died over and over and over and over again. But now I can almost speed run it, and hand the Orphan his ass. Go back my friend, persevere. It’s totally worth it.

A.Romero

As long as there's a free update for the PS4 version I don't have an issue with this. The PS5 is supposed to be backwards compatible with the PS4 version so I'm going to have an issue next gen with simple remasters if they don't update the PS4 version for free.

I would only have an issue if the PS4 version doesn't work.

Otherwise there is no incentive to work on remasters.

Top Bottom