• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Or you know...stick with me here...maybe people DID play it on PS4 (and got the platinum) but would welcome a better version on PC cause Sony did fuck all to update the game and on PC a lot of those issues would disappear.

Spoiler, I am one of those people.
I never once mentioned that possibility didn't exist but yeah.

Wanting a game on another platform is pathetic?
No, but refusing to play the game because the performance doesn't fit your standards kinda is. It's not like it's Drakengard 3.

Senua

I never once mentioned that possibility didn't exist but yeah.

No, but refusing to play the game because the performance doesn't fit your standards kinda is. It's not like it's Drakengard 3.
It's really not, doesn't affect you in the slightest. Not sure why you're so salty lol.

Salty about what? It coming to PC? It's a good thing but some of y'all still don't deserve it. 😚😚
What must someone do to deserve a game? Did you do some blood oath or special favors for the devs to "deserve" the game? This gatekeeping mentality is toxic honestly. From software didn't design or create the ps4, Sony did.

Does buying a ps4 to play one game, mean you finally upgrade from the "Does not deserve game pile" to the "Deserves game pile"?

Funny thing is, I sold my ps4 and didn't finish the game, because of the exact issues being mentioned. I feel like From deserves money for their game bloodborne, from the pc crowd, and us buyers of the game deserve to play the game. Just like any other transaction you can make in this world.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

I wonder if Sony is pivoting with its first party games in the sense that they’re going to release them on PC but at a much later date as opposed to Xbox doing day-and-date for most (if not all). So they keep their “this is why you should buy our console” edge but also pick up some PC support. Even if there’s a wait, I hope this is true.
I think they are just going to release older games"enhanced" on the PC.

S0ULZB0URNE

What must someone due to deserve a game? Did you do some blood oath or special favors for the devs to "deserve" the game? This gatekeeping mentality is toxic honestly. From software didn't design or create the ps4, Sony did.

Does buying a ps4 to play one game, mean you finally upgrade from the "Does not deserve game pile" to the "Deserves game pile"?

Funny thing is, I sold my ps4 and didn't finish the game, because of the exact issues being mentioned. I feel like From deserves money for their game bloodborne, from the pc crowd, and us buyers of the game deserve to play the game. Just like any other transaction you can make in this world.
From has nothing to do with it coming to PC unless Sony has them help port it.
It's Sony that is going to be making the money.

From has nothing to do with it coming to PC unless Sony has them help port it.
It's Sony that is going to be making the money.
Does it matter who makes the money? The point still stands, that if I pay for the game, then I "deserve" to play it. Smalley nothing to do with buying a console.

Should someone only get to play the latest COD because they bought every platform supported? Hell no

As matter a fact, everyone "deserves" to play just about every game, and if they like it, they will buy it.

I wonder if Sony is pivoting with its first party games in the sense that they’re going to release them on PC but at a much later date as opposed to Xbox doing day-and-date for most (if not all). So they keep their “this is why you should buy our console” edge but also pick up some PC support. Even if there’s a wait, I hope this is true.

Yeah I much rather wait a few months, in order to play the superior version, which usually is the complete edition as well.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Does it matter who makes the money? The point still stands, that if I pay for the game, then I "deserve" to play it. Smalley nothing to do with buying a console.

Should someone only get to play the latest COD because they bought every platform supported? Hell no

As matter a fact, everyone "deserves" to play just about every game, and if they like it, they will buy it.

Yeah I much rather wait a few months, in order to play the superior version, which usually is the complete edition as well.
I like exclusives for each platform but that's me.
I do like older games coming to the PC though.
I can't wait to play BB again on the PC.(better not be EGS)

I like exclusives for each platform but that's me.
I do like older games coming to the PC though.
I can't wait to play BB again on the PC.(better not be EGS)
It's more than likely going to be exclusive on EGS, especially after all the cock squeezing between Epic and Sony. And especially with each day Epic is coming out with big news.

I understand that exclusives can sell consoles. But the gatekeeping mentality is horrible with some people. Look at some of the meltdowns of Sony fans when horizon and death stranding announced coming to PC. Most of these fans already beat the game, so it doesn't make sense to get angry over. More ppl get to play the game you enjoy, you should be happy.

As a consumer that's very odd.

Exactly, I would like every game at the click of a button. Exclusives are great for the companies that created them, shareholders, fanboys, etc. Not really for consumers. If every game was on each console, I'm pretty sure there would be more sales across the board.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It would be super weird to release it on PC. I wouldn't complain, but...it's an old game that didn't sell particularly well. I know it's got a huge cult following, but that's about it.
According to gamstat.com Bloodborne sold 13.700.000 copies, which is bigger than any Dark Souls entries(1+2+3 sold 13.800.000 totally). They released that three on pc so why not?

Lanrutcon

According to gamstat.com Bloodborne sold 13.700.000 copies, which is bigger than any Dark Souls entries(1+2+3 sold 13.800.000 totally). They released that three on pc so why not?

DS1, 2 and 3 sold over 27 million combined as per From themselves. By 2017 Bloodborne had less than 3 million physical sales. Sekiro: 4 million shipped in 3 months. Dark Souls 3 is cited as the most successful at over 10 million copies sold. This is all from the press releases that From have on their site.

I highly doubt BB is at 14 million copies sold because From would have, at some point, said something about the success (especially since it's single plat). I can't find any press releases, sales figures or anything indicating as such. I'm sure it sold a lot more than the 3 million physical would indicate...but 13 million is a stretch.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
DS1, 2 and 3 sold over 27 million combined as per From themselves. By 2017 Bloodborne had less than 3 million physical sales. Sekiro: 4 million shipped in 3 months. Dark Souls 3 is cited as the most successful at over 10 million copies sold. This is all from the press releases that From have on their site.

I highly doubt BB is at 14 million copies sold because From would have, at some point, said something about the success (especially since it's single plat). I can't find any press releases, sales figures or anything indicating as such. I'm sure it sold a lot more than the 3 million physical would indicate...but 13 million is a stretch.
That site i was referring to, gamstat.com, works with earned trophies(don't know exactly how it works), and i found that numbers with ps3-4 filter on. It doesn't show exact sale numbers but gives you clues about it. So yeah i shouldn't have said "13.700.000 sold", you're right. But we could say Bloodborne seems more popular than those three on PS4, right? Maybe because PS plus though.

Btw, Sekiro player count on ps4 is 3.300.000.

Holammer

That site i was referring to, gamstat.com, works with earned trophies(don't know exactly how it works), and i found that numbers with ps3-4 filter on. It doesn't show exact sale numbers but gives you clues about it. So yeah i shouldn't have said "13.700.000 sold", you're right. But we could say Bloodborne seems more popular than those three on PS4, right? Maybe because PS plus though.

Btw, Sekiro player count on ps4 is 3.300.000.

Not to mention, the numbers are out of whack. Compare Gamestat player numbers for Spiderman compared with the official sales number.
If BB sold 13.7M they'd shout from the rooftops just like they did with the aforementioned Spiderman when it hit 13M+ sales. They did not, so the amount is probably inflated from free weekends & PSN+.

Solarstrike

woM6SAe.gif

Dee_Dee

I can see Sony slowly transitioning to releasing their 1st party games to PC. Right now it feels like they are doing older games but as time goes on the PC versions of their games will begin to launch closer to their console counterparts. Also the new PS studios logo and the phrasing used by Sony explaining why they made it suggest they are moving towards PS exclusives being on PC.

It was going to happen eventually. Too much money out there not to do it.

Late, but this one is entirely true.

To expand a little :

I've discussed it on Resetera back then and I also gave some proofs I had to some other members I used to play games with (probably all banned by now :messenger_tears_of_joy:).

Here are the posts I made publicly :

The rest I shared through discord privately.

During my time on Resetera, I only knew that FromSoftware wanted Bloodborne to release on PC. Unfortunately, a PC port would need a lot of work because PC gamers won't accept to play Bloodborne on 30fps (rightfully so) and reworking Bloodborne's engine would take a great amount of work. The game logic is tied to framerate (stupid choice, I know), among many other baffling decisions.

The last time From Software tried to change the inner logic of an engine, it resulted in the infamous PC port of the first Dark Souls. They take the matter more seriousely now, especially with Bloodborne (Miyazaki consider it its magnum opus privately).

Making a long story short, Sony said they were interested in a potential Bloodborne remaster for PS5, with a lot more work done, like some QoL added and some cut-content being introduced. Both From Software and Sony agreed to not just up the resolution and the framerate, but to make something great. FromSoftware has been authorized to release the game on PC, but only some months after the remaster hits PS5.

Last time I heard about it, Bloodborne remaster would be part of PS5 lineup, but I don't quite believe it since I think the spotlight will be stolen by another similar title that should be announced in June :messenger_winking:. I think they might save the Bloodborne remaster for some months after PS5 release, but I could be wrong about that particular point.

An interesting note is some important Sony executives love Bloodborne and the Persona serie. That's why Sony is making everything it can to keep Persona mainline titles on Playstation.

TL;DR :

- Yes Bloodborne is coming to PC.
- It's a remaster, not a simple port. The engine is being reworked and some assets will be adjusted.
- It will hit PS5 first, but probably not on lineup because of another similar title that will be announced in June.
- QoL and cut-content might be added (70% chances I would say).

Take everything above with a grain of salt, I'm not Jason Shreier and I don't have a twitter account. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I can see Sony slowly transitioning to releasing their 1st party games to PC. Right now it feels like they are doing older games but as time goes on the PC versions of their games will begin to launch closer to their console counterparts. Also the new PS studios logo and the phrasing used by Sony explaining why they made it suggest they are moving towards PS exclusives being on PC.

It was going to happen eventually. Too much money out there not to do it.

Nah, releasing on PC is a less-lucrative secondary revenue stream compared to releasing on their own hardware. As such it only makes sense for back catalog, and especially back-catalog attached to ongoing IP that is being used to drive hardware sales.

Playstation is a very important business for Sony, so keeping it strong is their top priority.

Nah, releasing on PC is a less-lucrative secondary revenue stream compared to releasing on their own hardware.

It's slightly more complicated than that nowadays.

If I can sell 10 millions copies on mutliple platforms with a 30% cut, it will be more lucrative than 3 millions on my own hardware (without the 30% cut).

On another note, what about first-party games that already made the bulk of their sales on said hardware ? By releasing them on PC, you can often get 30% more sales at a good price. It's a good boost of profit once the exclusivity sales become flat.

That's the reason why you see more and more stuff being released on PC, especially by Microsoft and Sony. This gen, you'll probably see more surprising stuff like some Microsoft games releasing on PS5, especially if the PS5 sell way more than the Xbox serie X.

Nintendo will clinge to their strategy, but that's not because it's the most efficient ways to make money. It's just because they're always backwards, regardless of the matter. Smash and Mario could sell three to four times more if they were multiplatform titles and bring even more profit than they do now.

Last edited:

yurinka

Their source article is this, where we can read an additional quote from the 'leaker': https://respawnfirst.com/bloodborne-coming-pc-industry-insider/

"My sources are from the gaming industry and from the word’s most active gaming forum that is Era. Fully trust em on this one and have known them personally for a few years now. Peace out.

PS: If you know some people from foreign countries or from Era do not share this with them. This is only and only for you guys since this is a private group."

It's clearly a fake.

Found another article in which that K. Yoshida, is supporting games across many platforms and not only via PS5. Gives even more credence to the rumour:

Yoshida very likely meant that they will continue supporting -and very likely will improve- PS Now and Remote Play to play their games on PC, smarphones, tablets, smart tvs, etc.

For some reason -very likely to hype the sequel- they will release the 4 years old Horizon in PC, and the licensor mandated them to release MLB in more platforms. Other than that forget to see internally developed Sony games on PC outside Remote Play and PS Now.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Eventually it will be released. For one I am going to buy Horizon and Death Stranding, just to vote with my wallet. Once they see those 2 games topping the Steam charts, they will understand the message loud and clear. "We like your games, couldn't care less about your HW or ecosystem"

A troll with a verified twatter account that's followed by 196k and industry professionals?
You're the troll here, a lazy one too. Go on... Roll out the only pretending to be retarded excuse.

You should apologize to Daninthemix. He's right. That retweet came from Cory BaLrog, not Cory BaRlog.

Holammer

You should apologize to Daninthemix. He's right. That retweet came from Cory BaLrog, not Cory BaRlog.

This is a good example why people are beholden to conspiracy-minded thinking. They think they broke the code and can see beyond when they notice an inconsistent frame, a numerological oddity or a misspelled word. Rather than doing just a minute of actual research.

pPdNZ3c.jpeg

Late, but this one is entirely true.

To expand a little :

I've discussed it on Resetera back then and I also gave some proofs I had to some other members I used to play games with (probably all banned by now :messenger_tears_of_joy:).

Here are the posts I made publicly :

The rest I shared through discord privately.

During my time on Resetera, I only knew that FromSoftware wanted Bloodborne to release on PC. Unfortunately, a PC port would need a lot of work because PC gamers won't accept to play Bloodborne on 30fps (rightfully so) and reworking Bloodborne's engine would take a great amount of work. The game logic is tied to framerate (stupid choice, I know), among many other baffling decisions.

The last time From Software tried to change the inner logic of an engine, it resulted in the infamous PC port of the first Dark Souls. They take the matter more seriousely now, especially with Bloodborne (Miyazaki consider it its magnum opus privately).

Making a long story short, Sony said they were interested in a potential Bloodborne remaster for PS5, with a lot more work done, like some QoL added and some cut-content being introduced. Both From Software and Sony agreed to not just up the resolution and the framerate, but to make something great. FromSoftware has been authorized to release the game on PC, but only some months after the remaster hits PS5.

Last time I heard about it, Bloodborne remaster would be part of PS5 lineup, but I don't quite believe it since I think the spotlight will be stolen by another similar title that should be announced in June :messenger_winking:. I think they might save the Bloodborne remaster for some months after PS5 release, but I could be wrong about that particular point.

An interesting note is some important Sony executives love Bloodborne and the Persona serie. That's why Sony is making everything it can to keep Persona mainline titles on Playstation.

TL;DR :

- Yes Bloodborne is coming to PC.
- It's a remaster, not a simple port. The engine is being reworked and some assets will be adjusted.
- It will hit PS5 first, but probably not on lineup because of another similar title that will be announced in June.
- QoL and cut-content might be added (70% chances I would say).

Take everything above with a grain of salt, I'm not Jason Shreier and I don't have a twitter account. 🤷‍♀️
are you an insider or what ?

I dont know who she is, but I'll post it anyways

Last edited:
Nah, it's him. He calls himself Cory Balrog on Twitter. His handle is C corybarlog though.

Yep, for whatever reasons Cory BaRLog chose Cory BaLRog as a twitter pseudo (while his twitter @ is Cory Barlog).

So yeah, it's confusing but it's the real guy retweeting the Bloodborne PC announcement. :messenger_winking:

are you an insider or what ?

I dont know who she is, but I'll post it anyways

Listen, a moderator told me to not speak if I couldn't give a proof. I won't give any proofs since I don't want to burn my sources and since all those rando twitter people can leak whatever they want without disclosing anything.

I mean, what proofs could I even give ? I've saw contracts, I've saw devs working on the PC port test from my own eyes. I won't disclose the company I work for, that's for certain.

You have the post you quoted (I don't retract a single word) and without saying much, the timing alone should give an indication of what I know.

I also give a lot of details, I don't just tweet cryptic shit I've "heard" from shit sources. If I share something it s because I've seen the receipts from my own eyes.

I could share more about other incoming titles, but I'll wait until Bloodborne eventually get announced. We'll speak about the rest after, once moderation understand I'm not speaking from my ass.

Last edited:
Yep, for whatever reasons Cory BaRLog chose Cory BaLRog as a twitter pseudo (while his twitter @ is Cory Barlog).

So yeah, it's confusing but it's the real guy retweeting the Bloodborne PC announcement. :messenger_winking:

Listen, a moderator told me to not speak if I couldn't give a proof. I won't give any proofs since I don't want to burn my sources and since all those rando twitter people can leak whatever they want without disclosing anything.

I mean, what proofs could I even give ? I've saw contracts, I've saw devs working on the PC port test from my own eyes. I won't disclose the company I work for, that's for certain.

You have the post you quoted (I don't retract a single word) and without saying much, the timing alone should give an indication of what I know.

I also give a lot of details, I don't just tweet cryptic shit I've "heard" from shit sources. If I share something it s because I've seen the receipts from my own eyes.

I could share more about other incoming titles, but I'll wait until Bloodborne eventually get announced. We'll speak about the rest after, once moderation understand I'm not speaking from my ass.
Thanks for the response. I guess time will tell

So you are saying more first party games will com to PC ? Big ones ?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Thanks for the response. I guess time will tell

So you are saying more first party games will com to PC ? Big ones ?

I have no real info, but my guess is, once Sony sees how much money they can make on the PC, they'll be moving titles over more frequently and faster. I don't think PC releases of their titles cannibalize console sales at all.

Top Bottom