• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

Sorry but i can't play anymore 24FPS games on consoles. Had PS4 for a year and it felt like i was in stone age using it. Next to PS4 is my PC which has mostly 5-6 old parts and plays all games at 60fps and here is PS4 which plays games at maybe 30fps if developer was competent enough but most of the time it can't hold 30fps.

It is not just money that is the issue. IT is general developer attitude when they make games for consoles.

If you're missing out on games because of framerate dips which, for the overwhelming majority of games it's not regular (and neither gamebreaking - that's an exaggeration) you're missing on A LOT as a gamer. But hey it's what it's. PC gamers who don't buy consoles make a conscious decision to chose which games they get to play and which games they won't get to play. There is always the choice of buying the console to buy the game or, port begging for it. Just like console-only owners know if they want to play League of Legends or World of Warcraft they better get a rig.

Last edited:

GymWolf

So i was in the mood for a soulslike game so i'm re-playing bloodborne and now i remember why it is not my favourite soulslike and i'm not a huge fan of it (while still liking it a lot of course)

-the camera is absolute shit in this game, the first 2 boss are far more difficult then they have any right to be because the lock on and especially camera are all over the fucking place, probably one of the worst camera ever in any souls game.

-compenetration, the game suffer from heavy compenetration everywhere, when father guascone (or really any enemy in the game) hits you through solid walls or trees or tombs it's the absolute worst, especially when games with 1\5 of the budget like surge saga has almost zero compenetration problems (the compenetration are there of course, but enemies don:t hit you through fucking walls)

-performance, holy shit the game is a continue slowdown with shitty frame pacing and framerate and it looks horrible with that heavy chromatic aberration and aliasing, the pc version can't come soon enough.

Thank god for the art style, level design, enemy design and variety and wonderfull weapons because the game itself is pretty broken and has some serious flaws for a game where precision and fluidity are a must.

Last time i played this was at launch but now i remember why people really want a pc version of this one.

JimboJones

-compenetration, the game suffer from heavy compenetration everywhere, when father guascone (or really any enemy in the game) hits you through solid walls or trees or tombs it's the absolute worst, especially when games with 1\5 of the budget like surge saga has almost zero compenetration problems (the compenetration are there of course, but enemies don:t hit you through fucking walls)

What is compenetration?

rofif

Banned
i hope it's true, i'll just sell my ps4 that i bought only for BB.
Also this game in 4k/60 with high details and no CA would be a dream.
CA is fine. Fits the game. Just make it on toggle.
If I had to choose one (4k or 60fps), for this game I would absolutely go 4k. It is so jagged, so aliased but it's very responsive for 30fps game aside from occasional judder

Senua

If I had to choose one (4k or 60fps), for this game I would absolutely go 4k. It is so jagged, so aliased but it's very responsive for 30fps game aside from occasional judder
"occasional judder"? how about constant judder lol. and 30fps is never responsive enough. 60 is awesome for souls games, even higher is just the cherry on top!

rofif

Banned
"occasional judder"? how about constant judder lol. and 30fps is never responsive enough. 60 is awesome for souls games, even higher is just the cherry on top!
I am a 58fps locked freesync guy first and foremost. 240hz gscyn, 144hz. I've had it all. I know smooth gameplay from framepacing nightmare.
That said - Bloodborne for me always controller fast and responsive. The frame pacing issues around it's 30fps were never as severe for me for whatever reason.
But to be able to play it 4k, 58fps like dark souls 3 on pc? oh yes

Senua

I am a 58fps locked freesync guy first and foremost. 240hz gscyn, 144hz. I've had it all. I know smooth gameplay from framepacing nightmare.
That said - Bloodborne for me always controller fast and responsive. The frame pacing issues around it's 30fps were never as severe for me for whatever reason.
But to be able to play it 4k, 58fps like dark souls 3 on pc? oh yes
58fps? very specific!

rofif

Banned
58fps? very specific!
yes. Right now I use 4k freesync 60hz monitor. To keep in the freesync range in order to have minimal lag and perfect framepacing, forcing global 58fps lock with rtss is CRUCIAL. Otherwise, 60fps vsync falls back to normal, slow vsync even with freesync.

Lux R7

I hate CA, i disable it everytime i can

Senua

yes. Right now I use 4k freesync 60hz monitor. To keep in the freesync range in order to have minimal lag and perfect framepacing, forcing global 58fps lock with rtss is CRUCIAL. Otherwise, 60fps vsync falls back to normal, slow vsync even with freesync.
Ah makes sense

Senua

this game has probably the most aggressive CA i ever seen, but i always turn off that shit on pc so who knows?
Oh yea it's ridiculous, look at the fence at the top right lol

856034-bloodborne-playstation-4-screenshot-a-crowd-gathers-around.png

Senua

I love the CA. It’s a huge part of the charm for me. Never understood the dislike for it. Wanting it gone seems like wanting Picasso paintings to show correct proportions
It gives me a headache for one, and it's a bit of an eyesore. If it was toned down I'd be able to tolerate it.

Orpheum

Honestly go for it! As many people as possible need to enjoy this game, it's a masterpiece. Hopefully this would mean upgrades for the PS5 as well and also increase the chances of a sequel.

The Fartist

Gold Member
I love the CA. It’s a huge part of the charm for me. Never understood the dislike for it. Wanting it gone seems like wanting Picasso paintings to show correct proportions
Woah, woah, woah. Did you just compare FromSoft to Pablo fucking Picasso? Settle down over there, Picasso was in another dimension.

GymWolf

That's a really weird comparison to me. The CA image is just not clean imho, i find it blurry and ugly. I just want to see the details of the game better, cleaner, that's all.
Yeah, i can't understand how can you like the game when he looks smeared with shit...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
That's a really weird comparison to me. The CA image is just not clean imho, i find it blurry and ugly. I just want to see the details of the game better, cleaner, that's all.
Why Picasso put two eyes on the same side of the face? It’s ugly i want to see the details of the model, better, cleaner, etc

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Why Picasso put two eyes on the same side of the face? It’s ugly i want to see the details of the model, better, cleaner, etc
Because he (Picasso) was done with classical, realistic depictions of people and the world. He was a Cubist painter. You make it sound like he couldn't draw in the traditional style you're accustomed to/want to see. Don't comment on things you don't understand.

P.S. yes I'm triggered. LOL.

chaseroni

Because he (Picasso) was done with classical, realistic depictions of people and the world. He was a Cubist painter. You make it sound like he couldn't draw in the traditional style you're accustomed to/want to see. Don't comment on things you don't understand.

P.S. yes I'm triggered. LOL.

Pretty sure they were being sarcastic about the post they quoted

Last edited:

JimboJones

Definition of compenetration

: pervasive penetration : mutual interfusion - the compenetration of two ideas

when the polygons from the weapon pass throught the polygons of a wall for example and still hits your chara.

maybe it's not the right english word to describe it...

Ah ok, sounds like what your describing is usually referred to as "clipping" at least in english anyway.

Kumomeme

actually you also can take advantages of these compenetration instead..in my playthrough i utilize this element using ranged melee weapon..for example when fight father g, i use saw spear and just circling around a group of tombstone, hit the boss through all those stone..there particular spot weapon can reach through the tombstone rubble towards the boss

same goes for other bosses like blood starved beast where i just attack the bossed through pillars in the room.

im still not finished the game though so i dont know about the rest of the bosses

GymWolf

actually you also can take advantages of these compenetration instead..in my playthrough i utilize this element using ranged melee weapon..for example when fight father g, i use saw spear and just circling around a group of tombstone, hit the boss through all those stone..there particular spot weapon can reach through the tombstone rubble towards the boss

same goes for other bosses like blood starved beast where i just attack the bossed through pillars in the room.

im still not finished the game though so i dont know about the rest of the bosses
I don't like to cheese boss or enemies, if i'm behind a solid ostacles i expect that enemies are not be able to hit me.
Imagine a tps where you can hit enemies behind cover, it's bullshit there and it's bullshit here, and from software always get a pass for this shit, well not from me.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

I don't like to cheese boss or enemies, if i'm behind a solid ostacles i expect that enemies are not be able to hit me.
Imagine a tps where you can hit enemies behind cover, it's bullshit there and it's bullshit here, and from software always get a pass for this shit, well not from me.
well its depend how you play...these obstacle is not invincible wall..you could still get screw up and yes not to mention, the boss also able to penetrate us through the obstacle

just give some of option ...some people struggled with bosses like father g...bsb didnt give me much trouble..no need to rely on the method...just point out that we also could exploit same 'weakness' of the game toward bosses instead of vice versa

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
If you're missing out on games because of framerate dips which, for the overwhelming majority of games it's not regular (and neither gamebreaking - that's an exaggeration) you're missing on A LOT as a gamer.

I don't see how i am missing anything. I bought PS4 for a year played Persona, Nier (at the time exclusive), MHW (at the time exclusive) even switched to PS4 Pro hoping extra power will fix framerates but it didn't.

Back in PS3 days it made sense to get PS3 because a lot of games were not on PC but since then almost everything moved on to PC even exclusives just now started to come out, first with Xbox ones and now with PS4.

Now with PC i can play 1000s of PC games, Almost all old console games, Almost all new console games including "exclusives", every mobile game and right now Yuzu is coming nicely and it already allows to play most of Nintendo Switch games.

Buying console for 2-3 games makes no sense to me anymore. If Sony had some good exclusives that could change but from what i see they only make dad simulators like god of war and TLOU, weak ass rpgs like horizon and Gran Turismo which was my favorite game ever become so shit that i don't even consider it being better than some indie games.

The only good exclusive game i played on PS4 was The Last Guardian which was amazing.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Neither will likely happen sadly, but if we end up seeing the Demon's Remake, who knows. Demon's was niche, but that's because it was a different time. Demon's Souls started this whole Souls-like genre.
My opinion is that Sony own the IP and if BP do a great job, all they need is Froms blessing and some light collaboration to make a sequel.... From could send over some sample level designs and monsters etc.

Top Bottom