• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

Is that so? Well... Shit.
Eh 60fps is fine honestly. I play all of their games at that. Sure, it'd be nice if it could go above that but if it doesn't, it doesn't. Sekiro has an fps unlocker though but that came after Bloodborne which came before DkS III which if I recall correctly is capped at 60fps.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Something weird about BB's framerate being tied to the gameplay, right? Can't remember off the top of my head.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Oh boy, here we go again... But after the H:ZD port? I dunno man.

I don't see anything wrong with the port other than framepacing issues above 30FPS. All the graphics features are there or could be made to be through the control panel. The main things that make the game really shine are 16x anisotropic filtering, ultra geometry setting, ultra texture settings (even if they move the LOD bias to a lower MIP level) and the AO settings. The game plays flawlessly for me @4k/30FPS. It's nowhere near the problem people are complaining about.

Life

One thing I like about these PC releases is - they get announced pretty much after they're done. Little waiting time. Good business strategy I think - as a sudden announcement garners much social media attention and ultimately hype/sales.

GHG

Gold Member
Eh 60fps is fine honestly. I play all of their games at that. Sure, it'd be nice if it could go above that but if it doesn't, it doesn't. Sekiro has an fps unlocker though but that came after Bloodborne which came before DkS III which if I recall correctly is capped at 60fps.

Don't get me wrong, 60fps is perfectly fine (especially if I can run it at 60fps 4k) but games like this really do benefit from higher refresh rates. My preference would have absolutely been to play it at 1440p 120hz if possible.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

martino

I dont see why this wouldnt happen if other games are happening. Bloodborne would sell a ton for sure.

of course it's possible judging by dark souls 3 and sekiro sales that pc is the biggest platform for this kind of game
60 fps choice being exclusive probably helped a lot.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
"As he previously revealed, the port won't have unlocked framerate since anything above 60 FPS is causing a lot of issues so a 60 FPS cap is probably expected. "

What's next? It's stuck to 1080p as well?

Never mind. Read 30fps lol.
60 is fine. I am using 4k60 monitor just because souls games are limited to 60fps. Ds3 looks amazing 4k60. Bloodborne will too

Resenge

No loading time either.

images

I don't buy it. Why would they announce and release a trailer for the DS remake, but not this, especially considering it's supposedly right around the corner? The fact that half of this guy's post is basically him setting up future excuses for when the game doesn't get announced after all isn't really inspiring confidence either. The cherry on top is the comparison to Horizon, though. He says that game got delayed because Guerilla (who weren't even in charge of the port) decided to do "additional work on the PC version instead of a simple direct port", when pretty much everyone agrees that the port is simple at best and downright bad at worst.

Codes 208

Same guy who revealed this Bloodborne Remastered stuff in June now claims the port is nearly done.

“Playstation is planning to launch tye remaster around the ps5”

If this is true, I hope that means the ps5 will get a boost mode/remaster for bloodborne. I will gladly double dip for 60fps, hell I’d be happy to double dip in general. BB is my GotG

Belmonte

I hope PC gets the game so everyone can finally realize how grossly overhyped this game is by fanboys

I couldn't play Bloodborne seriously yet so I don't know but I suspect there is a chunk of fanboysm in the hype.

I mean, I don't doubt it can be the best From Software title ever. What I played and what I saw seems really high quality. But I met some dudes who said Bloodborne shits all over other From games like Dark Souls 1 and 3. That those could not even compare.

DS 1 and 3 are masterpieces, two of the best games ever. Sure, Bloodborne can be better than DS1 and 3 but I doubt it is by a huge margin.

And by coincidence, those were the same who always said, before Bloodborne released, Demon Souls was much better than Dark Souls. :pie_thinking:

Playstation:

"We’re confident PC players will join the hunt with us. Then, when Bloodborne 2 arrives for PlayStation 5 and it’s time to find out where the hunters journey takes them next, we invite them to join along!"

I hope.

Last edited:

martino

I couldn't play Bloodborne seriously yet so I don't know but I suspect there is a chunk of fanboysm in the hype.

I mean, I don't doubt it can be the best From Software title ever. What I played and what I saw seems really high quality. But I met some dudes who said Bloodborne shits all over other From games like Dark Souls 1 and 3. That those could not even compare.

DS 1 and 3 are masterpieces, two of the best games ever. Sure, Bloodborne can be better than DS1 and 3 but I doubt it is by a huge margin.

And by coincidence, those were the same who always said, before Bloodborne released, Demon Souls was much better than Dark Souls. :pie_thinking:
if what you like the most is RPG part of souls games like me it's where they lost themselves (and sekiro even more)
but it's good they try different balance/mix of elements of their formula. it's just for me.

Playstation:

"We’re confident PC players will join the hunt with us. Then, when Bloodborne 2 arrives for PlayStation 5 and it’s time to find out where the hunters journey takes them next, we invite them to join along!"

I hope.

i really doubt player playing FS game only on pc will join if it's a 30 fps hunt.

if what you like the most is RPG part of souls games like me it's where they lost themselves (and sekiro even more)
but it's good they try different balance/mix of elements of their formula. it's just for me.

i really doubt player playing FS game only on pc will join if it's a 30 fps hunt.

It can be 60FPS with a performance mode.

martino

It can be 60FPS with a performance mode.

this being systematic thing (especially in a FS game) is not a bet i would make.
you should first hope framerate or pacing will not be all over the place
people with vrr screens are the ones i think that will be fine in all case !

this being systematic thing (especially in a FS game) is not a bet i would make.
you should first hope framerate or pacing will not be all over the place
people with vrr screens are the ones i think that will be fine in all case !

Depends if From Software even makes it.

manfestival

Same thing was said about Death Stranding prior to the PC release and it's currently sitting at 93% positive reviews on Steam with over 500k owners.

People like a game that I don't like? Must be fanboys.

Stay salty.
Where does this apply to me? I mean... I like the game and still own my physical copy(I believe I also claimed the PS+ one but refused to get rid of my physical copy). I think I gave it a great score of 8/10 thinking about some years ago. Anyways, it seems like the only salt I see, is coming from you and the other triggered people responding to my comment.

Bloodborne probably has the most rabid of fanboys on the playstation. Don't take my word for it... anyways.
Subjectivity in mind, I think people are more enamored with the different focus the combat brings versus the souls titles. For example: I have seen people argue that Sekiro is the best From game. That of course is another game that breaks out of the already done many times "sword and board(obviously way more fighting styles)" that we see from Souls games. While I loved my experience with Demons Souls, I agree with you on Dark Souls having a special place in my heart.

Just curious, what game do you think lived up to its hype?
Because when I played this game, folks hyped it up for me and it still managed to blow me away.
I can think of one that is easily better and always blows me away to this day. Tetris

GHG

Gold Member
Where does this apply to me? I mean... I like the game and still own my physical copy(I believe I also claimed the PS+ one but refused to get rid of my physical copy). I think I gave it a great score of 8/10 thinking about some years ago. Anyways, it seems like the only salt I see, is coming from you and the other triggered people responding to my comment.

It's one of the top 10 games of all time.

This is a hill I'm more than willing to die on.

Top Bottom