• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Remastered confirmed by leaker SoulsHunt, no Bloodborne II in the works

McHuj

I would be extremely happy with a 4K 60fps and SSD load time remaster for PS5.

I don’t think there’s a need for a full remake, the original is pretty damn good as far as graphics. Sure there could be some tweaks made for improvement but a whole remake like demon souls in not really needed.

I hope this is true, but at the same time I have my doubts. I’m sure most PS5 games will come to PC as well eventually, my fear is this one will get left behind as it’s too old and may require more work and investment to bring over than the more modern PS games.

I think the Bloodborne audience is much more vocal than larger, I have doubts on the ROI actually being there for both a PC version and even a PS5 remaster

Holammer

I don't buy it, Sony trying to sell it as a remaster on PS5 would piss off a lot of people. The piss and moan factory would kick into high gear.
There's gotta be a full expansion with 20h worth of new content in it to justify selling it again.

Just another clout chaser trying to divine what's coming up next based on existing rumors.

Saber

Gold Member
And once again, another Bloodborne leak/rumor thread. How many years and threads have passed using this same repeating bullcrap? You guys can't take a hint, at this point I'm gonna guess is all for the console war bait.

And once again, another Bloodborne leak/rumor thread. How many years and threads have passed using this same repeating bullcrap? You guys can't take a hint, at this point I'm gonna guess is all for the console war bait.
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Not how this can be used for console wars. As a PC guy, I'm looking forward to it. As you have read, the console players are looking forward to this. It's a win win for the gamers, and for Sony. I can't see how this can be viewed as something negative.

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

I enjoyed Bloodborne but I can't for the life of me understand why people get so excited over remasters or remakes of games that are barely 6 years old, however good they were.

Very happy to see that FS at least it's focussed on new stuff.
Same, I understand if the game is like 10-15+ years old, but I just can’t bring myself to play BB again. It’s an amazing game though, probably the best ps4 game.

Miles708

Bring it on PS4 Jimbo!

Party Fun GIF

CAB_Life

I enjoyed Bloodborne but I can't for the life of me understand why people get so excited over remasters or remakes of games that are barely 6 years old, however good they were.

Yeah I'd rather a new ip or a proper sequel. This generation feels creatively bankrupt and it's only just begun.

Banned
people that don't understand why anyone would want a remaster seem to think the game runs well on PS4... which it doesn't, neither does it on PS5 via backwards compatibility

it literally has a broken framerate cap, and even if it wasn't broken, it runs at 30fps, which is suboptimal

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
With so many studios offering free PS5/XSX upgrades it would be a VERY tough sell to get people to rebuy this.

I do hope Jim Ryan tries it though as it would likely have him humiliated enough that he would have no choice but to be let go.

Last edited:
I can’t understand From fans in general to be honest. They treat every From trailer/teaser/game like it is a medical breakthrough.

I'll say it again: because many of us have loved every single game they've released since 2009. There is zero doubt in my mind that Elden Ring will be another masterpiece.

april6e

When I played Bloodborne originally, it didn't have DLC so I never experienced it. Many are in the same boat. The original also wasn't 60fps nor has access to the PS5 controller haptics or 4k graphics. That alone is enough for you to comprehend why there is so much hype for this remaster.

Banned
I can’t understand From fans in general to be honest. They treat every From trailer/teaser/game like it is a medical breakthrough.

Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro all are among the best games ever made... so why would one not be excited about their new titles?

MiguelItUp

Man, grain of salt like a MF. I hope it's true, but I'm so tired of being disappointed by "rumors", especially this one that keeps popping up periodically. I hope it's true, and I hope it's talked about at the PS Event. One, because I absolutely want it, and two, because I'm tried of questioning and hoping it's real, lol.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
When I played Bloodborne originally, it didn't have DLC so I never experienced it. Many are in the same boat. The original also wasn't 60fps nor has access to the PS5 controller haptics or 4k graphics. That alone is enough for you to comprehend why there is so much hype for this remaster.
The DLC is the masterpiece cherry on a masterpiece cake. Look forward to it 😊👍.

MrS

Banned
BB is never going to PC.
I disagree with this. If Sony was going to put any of their IP on PC, it makes the most sense for Bloodborne to be there because From Software games print money. If Sony wants the dough, it'll be on there, and it should be imho. This game would make them massive amounts of cash which they could use to make more deals with From.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
I disagree with this. If Sony was going to put any of their IP on PC, it makes the most sense for Bloodborne to be there because From Software games print money. If Sony wants the dough, it'll be on there, and it should be imho. This game would make them massive amounts of cash which they could use to make more deals with From.

PC is massively overrated in terms of potential sales.

They should be trying to sell PC gamers a PS5, not a single game.

They should just buy Kadokawa completely and make all their games fully exclusive.

I don’t expect Bloodborne 2 to come out for 20 years, at least. Bloodborne did everything that video games in their current incarnation can do. We have to wait until video games themselves are reborn for a sequel that can do it justice.
Well that's not exactly true.

Bloodborne 2 could be a VR game with graphics as good as, or better then, half life Alyx.

There's loads that can be done in a vr 'incarnation' of video games.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I've been hearing every leaker and insider under the sun saying it's happening "soon" for the best part of 5 years.

It's one of those things that has been repeated so many times everyone expects it to happen eventually, so they will periodically say it's happening now in the hope to get it right by chance.

The only thing I know for sure is that if it's releasing on PS5 in 2021, Sony will announce it very soon. If they hold a post-E3 event show in the coming weeks and it doesn't show up, then it's not coming out in 2021 (or ever, who knows).
Same thing with Metal Gear Solid remake rumors. Tiresome.

MrS

Banned
PC is massively overrated in terms of potential sales.

They should be trying to sell PC gamers a PS5, not a single game.

They should just buy Kadokawa completely and make all their games fully exclusive.
Would cost more than Zenimax and you'd only get 1 game studio out of it. Bad idea.

Horizon sold 716000 copies in 1 month on PC. A game from From Software would do way bigger numbers than that as the Souls community is largely a PC community.

How exactly does one try to sell PC gamers a PS5? Showing them what they've missed out on for 6 years seems to me to be one of only ways.

There's no good reason to keep Bloodborne solely on PS consoles at this point. It's not going to move any more consoles than it already has. Put it on PC, maximise profits.

Last edited:
STEALTH EDIT: Wow I really misread remaster for remake, didn't I? My bad folks. Yes, a remaster for Bloodborne makes perfect sense if that's the case, if they can do 4K60 even if that means using DRS.

The french leaker who made that tweet only did so after Navtra had already spoken about this title first on ReeeEra so we don't know if he/she was just piggy-backing off of her information or not.

What has this leaker actually broken news on first before anyone else?

Also there is a great irony here for the first few posters praising the leak in this thread, if the same leaker got the platforms wrong for Final Fantasy Origin then why do you take the platforms he's leaking here as a certainty?

It appears there is a trend in some particular threads where - instead of considering the validity of the information and adjusting their response accordingly would rather act like it is true because it is want they want. For e.g;

Thread about Demon's Souls on PS4? The reaction is "Oh yeah, that's definitely happening because *reasons* and it's coming to Y platform too because *reasons*". A day later it is debunked.

Thread about Sony and FROM SOFTWARE doing another collaboration? The reaction is "No way! That's just not possible." A day later evidence comes out of Reddit that makes it look practically verifiably true.

This is just an observation but they should make an effort to be more objective lest they have their expectations or hopes crushed for the 10th or so time.

I'm not saying this leak isn't true either, but what has this guy leaked with 100% certainty before anyone else has before? Navtra is someone with a practically impeccable track record.

Agreed, but tbh I'm starting to go on hard Ignore Mode with these rumors and leakers for now on. Even if they're right, the shit I saw around and leading up to E3 was just trash. Spoiling shit left and right, taking away the fun of the surprise, I mean a genuine surprise, with some of these reveals.

It's honestly just not worth really; not to mention, whenever these rumors get put out there inevitably console war-style debates start popping up if they relate to a specific platform for those games, lots of bad faith arguments, bad hot takes etc. That's not necessarily due to the leakers and insiders...until it is.

The FF Origins example you mentioned is potentially one such case, given the way they phrased that looking like an exclusive when in reality it was multiplat. Or take some of the studio acquisition stuff guys like Grubb were parroting like two days before E3; I think they knew how certain other folks would've reacted to that and did it anyway, when very clearly no indication of further acquisitions were announced at either of Microsoft's events.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I'm sorry but this doesn't really need a remake?

The original game still looks great, can't they just do a remaster for the resolution and increase the framerate for a locked 60? Remakes are better served for games with gameplay concepts that are still unique but lack too many QoL or refinement in them to be applicable to a modern audience, OR games that have gameplay which still mostly work but very aged visuals even a remaster wouldn't help make them palatable to a modern audience (think virtually any early PS1, Saturn, N64 etc. game or earlier 3D games on systems like 3DO and Jaguar, etc.).

Outside of that, remakes don't really make a lot of sense IMO, except from a business perspective to get more money out of a fanbase. Which I mean technically is the case for any remake, but at least for games where it obviously makes sense for a remake due to QoL reasons or outdated visuals it doesn't feel as...purely money-driven.

Like the rumor TLOU remake, I don't think a game like Bloodborne needs a remake at all; it's still perfectly playable and the original visuals still hold up extremely well. This feels more like a way to justify revisiting it given the game already manages 4K60 on PC via mod hacks through emulation on PC, but that audience would've been small comparatively speaking. The wider PS5 base would not have played Bloodborne in that way so such a thing as a remaster would make more sense, still get lots of excitement, and save that financial budget for OTHER games that actually are in need for a remake.

If we're just talking Sony IP here (since that's what Bloodborne is), why not go for Legend of Dragoon remake? That's something a lot of people've been asking for. Or a Mark of Kri 1 & 2 Remake? Or a Dark Cloud 1 & 2 Remake? I don't know how the Mideval Remake went for them, but is there some reality where it wasn't well-received? Even if so, why let that damper prospects for other classic IP that could actually benefit more from a remake over stuff like Bloodborne and TLOU?

Then again, this is another "insider rumor", and if there's one thing I learned recently it's that these insiders tend to be wrong about game software-related rumors, so I can comfortably ignore this for the most part :LOL:
I dont think they will remake it, as it would still be a nice looking game with just higher resolution and 60fps.
Its a diferent situation as it was with Demon's Souls which was a PS3 game, and really a glorified PS2 game at its heart.

A remaster will be more than good enough.

SuperGooey

Just make it 60 fps with no load times. I don't want another company being "ambitious" with Bloodborne, and risking ruining the games art direction or game design.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Would cost more than Zenimax and you'd only get 1 game studio out of it. Bad idea.

Horizon sold 716000 copies in 1 month on PC. A game from From Software would do way bigger numbers than that as the Souls community is largely a PC community.

How exactly does one try to sell PC gamers a PS5? Showing them what they've missed out on for 6 years seems to me to be one of only ways.

There's no good reason to keep Bloodborne solely on PS consoles at this point. It's not going to move any more consoles than it already has. Put it on PC, maximise profits.
Souls community is a pc community mostly? I have no idea but would guess other way around.
Horizon selling 700k copies on pc is not much depending on how expensive the port was. It's not a 60 or 70usd game mind you.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Souls community is a pc community mostly? I have no idea but would guess other way around.
Horizon selling 700k copies on pc is not much depending on how expensive the port was. It's not a 60 or 70usd game mind you.
Sony already said they made 250% on their investemnt with HZD on PC, and that was a while ago when they did those slides.
And yeah Souls games sell huge on PC. And Sekiro has been a revelation on Steam, 100k user reviews which is HUGE for a game on Steam (its estimated that between 1 in 50 and 1 in 100 users actually post a user review on Steam).

yurinka

I rather a bloodborne 2.
From Software is working on Elder Ring, pretty likely they'll work on Bloodborne 2 after Elder Ring. Remember Sony has a deal with Kadokawa to help them sell their games and animes globally, so probably in exchange Sony may asked them From Software games.

A normal old game port like Horizon selling over 700K is a huge success, to make a port is way cheaper than this

Last edited:

Fake

I keep reading that, what the deal about? Last time I have a discussion about sales, the port begger used that as an argument. Never understand why.

'PC version of Days Gone sold less than PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn because this game sold terrible on PS4. If they launch PC Bloodborne would sell like hell'

'Bloodborne sold less than both on PS4, so by your logic would flop on PC'

'But, but PC Soul community will buy this game'

Last edited:
I don't buy it, Sony trying to sell it as a remaster on PS5 would piss off a lot of people. The piss and moan factory would kick into high gear.
There's gotta be a full expansion with 20h worth of new content in it to justify selling it again.

Just another clout chaser trying to divine what's coming up next based on existing rumors.

Sony doesn't care how many people moan, they care how many of us WANT the remaster and will buy it. I'll be there day one, and I know this is a very heavily requested remaster.

If it's not worth it for others, they can play the original Sony gave them on PS+.

And was this guy just looking for clout with FF Origin. Did he just randomly guess Square was making a Souls-like dark Final Fantasy game set in the world of Final Fantasy 1? Because that would have been hell of a lucky stab in the dark.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I keep reading that, what the deal about? Last time I have a discussion about sales, the port begger used that as an argument. Never understand why.

'PC version of Days Gone sold less than PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn because this game sold terrible on PS4. If they launch PC Bloodborne would sell like hell'

'Bloodborne sold less than both on PS4, so by your logic would flop on PC'

'But, but PC Soul community will buy this game'
I don't understand what are you saying.
Bloodborne sold at least 2 million copies on ps4... at least what I found on wikipedia.
Souls games are mostly controller based console games. Demons and BB are still exclusives and Dark Souls 1 was exclusive on 360 for a year.
They sold well on PC because these are GOOD GAMES. Not Good PC games really.
BTW - I own all of souls games.... all on Steam and rest on ps4/5 just because I want to play them at highest quality which is on pc.

Spukc Spukc The remastered version look great on consoles too offcourse.

Fake

I don't understand what are you saying.
Bloodborne sold at least 2 million copies on ps4... at least what I found on wikipedia.
Souls games are mostly controller based console games. Demons and BB are still exclusives and Dark Souls 1 was exclusive on 360 for a year.
They sold well on PC because these are GOOD GAMES. Not Good PC games really.

Bloodborne sold less than Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4. Get the logic?

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
According to sales data, that launch is just a little bit less than how Witcher 3 performed on PC during the same launch period. Nothing to sniff at at all. Yeah Souls community is way bigger on PC than console. C'mon man everybody knows this.

Lotta people want the game to stay PlayStation only "because reasons". I would like to see somebody, anybody, provide an actual good reason why a 6 year old game shouldn't come to PC. Makes no sense for Sony not to put it on PC imho.

On topic, I ain't buying a Bloodborne remaster. The game should have a free upgrade. Played the game enough for one lifetime anyway and I consider Sekiro to be superior to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom