• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Remastered confirmed by leaker SoulsHunt, no Bloodborne II in the works

april6e

Ugh...I mean, it's great that they think it's coming out this year. But them delaying the PC release is a giant pain in the butt. I'm going to end up just giving in and playing it early on PS5 because I can't wait any longer. Feels like I've been waiting almost a decade for a 60fps PC release of this game.

Fbh

Why? I can play the old game anytime on ps4, and the FPS isn’t as bad as people act. Was a masterpiece then and still is. Any extra content and qol changes just make it ever so slightly fresher.

Because Bloodborne is one of my favourite games of all time made by my favourite dev and if this remaster is true it will likely be the only way I'm ever getting to play it at 60fps (or more) and high res. And outside of enhanced resolution, framerate and faster loading I want it to stay as true to the original as possible unless FROM and Miyazaki actually go back and make additional content.

I don't want some other team to come in and start changing the way it looks and feels or putting in new areas and bosses that aren't up to par with the rest of the game (unless all the added content is strictly optional).
Same way I wouldn't want a 4K Blu-ray release of my favourite movie to have some other writers and director come in and start changing the editing, adding new scenes, altering the art direction, etc.

Also, the game runs at 30fps with well documented framepacing issues. It might not bother you personally, which is fine, but the overall performance being less than ideal isn't really something that is up to debate

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god all these kneejerking dweebs with their "OMG 70 dollars instead of a patch", what the fuck are you talking about man?

Do you even know what a remaster is?

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

I enjoyed Bloodborne but I can't for the life of me understand why people get so excited over remasters or remakes of games that are barely 6 years old, however good they were.

Very happy to see that FS at least it's focussed on new stuff.
It had annoying issues with frame pacing which detracted from the game and it’s sat languishing at 30fps on hardware that could clearly do much better.

Granted, this could all have been fixed with a few lines of code and a patch, but that doesn’t make any money does it.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
O my god all these kneejerking dweebs with their "OMG 70 dollars instead of a patch", what the fuck are you talking about man?

Do you even know what a remaster is?
Well considering the free next-gen benefits we are becoming accustomed to receiving, a $70 remaster really needs to come with serious improvements to justify itself. On Playstation, but mostly Xbox, we are receiving auto HDR, frame-rate boosts, and improved resolution, to tons and tons of games, for free. Those improvements are some of the biggest selling points for a next-gen remaster.

Last edited:

MikeM

I enjoyed Bloodborne but I can't for the life of me understand why people get so excited over remasters or remakes of games that are barely 6 years old, however good they were.

I gave up on the game as the I couldn't deal with the crappy frame pacing. I agree with you on most games, but a thorough rework of this game would be a blessing.

Renozokii

Because Bloodborne is one of my favourite games of all time made by my favourite dev and if this remaster is true it will likely be the only way I'm ever getting to play it at 60fps (or more) and high res. And outside of enhanced resolution, framerate and faster loading I want it to stay as true to the original as possible unless FROM and Miyazaki actually go back and make additional content.

I don't want some other team to come in and start changing the way it looks and feels or putting in new areas and bosses that aren't up to par with the rest of the game (unless all the added content is strictly optional).
Same way I wouldn't want a 4K Blu-ray release of my favourite movie to have some other writers and director come in and start changing the editing, adding new scenes, altering the art direction, etc.

Also, the game runs at 30fps with well documented framepscing issues. It might not bother you personally, which is fine, but the overall performance being less than ideal isn't really something that is up to debate
Disagree. Game became a master piece running it the way it did and unlike most older titles the visuals hold up incredibly well. 30fps was perfect playable for millions of peoples. If Sony is going to put effort into, I’ll welcome any new content with open arms so I can get at least some of that feeling I had back when I first played it.

rofif

Banned
The frame pacing would get patched out with in 3 days though. BB on PC @ glorious 120fps and 4k.
I never had frame pacing issues on ps4 version. It's just hitching from time to time but it's one of MOST RESPONSIVE 30fps games I've played on console.
That said - I cannot wait for 4k60 or 4k120 (pc) version of the game

mckmas8808

Banned

Well.....how old is Demon Souls?

S0ULZB0URNE

I will rebuy for 60 + fps and HDR added.
This is pretty much what I think this ends up being.
Hopefully I am wrong and we get even more?

Arsic

I hope its true because at this point the game is a bit rough to jump back into after 4 playthroughs over the years for me.

A 60fps mode and just cleaning up the depth of field/blur use would do wonders for me to want to play through it 2 to 3 more times.

It really is that good.

Well considering the free next-gen benefits we are becoming accustomed to receiving, a $70 remaster really needs to come with serious improvements to justify itself. On Playstation, but mostly Xbox, we are receiving auto HDR, frame-rate boosts, and improved resolution, to tons and tons of games, for free. Those improvements are some of the biggest selling points for a next-gen remaster.
We don't know the price, Demon's Souls was $70 but that was a full remake not a remaster, Spider-Man remastered was only $40 on it's own or $20 as part of the bundle with Miles Morales.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
We don't know the price, Demon's Souls was $70 but that was a full remake not a remaster, Spider-Man remastered was only $40 on it's own or $20 as part of the bundle with Miles Morales.
True, but either way I think the point stands, if just to varying degrees depending on price.

If Sony doesn't do more than a frame and resolution boost, they are going to look greedy, in this day and age.

Paltheos

What makes this leaker so much more reliable than all the other "this time for sure, guys"?

Edit: To be clear, I read the part where he confirmed the FF Origins release. I'm just very skeptical after so many supposed leaks on this in the past.

Remake or bust.

And that's a general rule. Remasters can go remaster themselves out the door.

?? Remakes are expensive, my man. Remasters and just plain port jobs (especially to something more perpetual like PC) are godsends.

Last edited:

kungfuian

As much as I love the idea of 60 fps, upgraded res, and some texture upgrades, I think they'd get hell for trying to resell that at full price. Too many of their existing properties have already gotten those types of upgrades for free and I think it would be a bad look.

I'd love to see the game with more dynamic overhauled lighting/raytracing and a new meaty DLC, maybe a new coop mode or features to expand the base game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Not how it works... I bought a Switch for Mario and BOTW but bought loads more games.

Same with my brother who is on PC and got a Pro.... he also got a load of other games since he had it anyway.

Owning the hardware makes you more inclined to buy more games.
Can't make that as a general rule of thumb.
I bought a PS4 around 4 to 5 years ago to play the last of us remastered.

Haven't paid for a game since on the platform.

Why do that when I have a PC that's way better.

hemo memo

Gold Member
If you see someone driving a Ferrari you don't try and sell them a Honda, your logic makes absolutely no sense.
It makes perfect sense actually. If I have to waste 10 minutes before every drive and the possibility of the Ferrari to just not run one day because I need to tinker with it or bring to a workshop, the person would happily go for the start-and-go easy Honda.

Tareskog

Jesus Christ don't remaster it, I just want the original in 60fps. I don't want shitty remaster artists re-interpreting art that's beyond their skill.
You´re talking about a remake. A remaster takes the original game and optimize the code so that it works better on a more modern system. No new assets or textures in most cases. In some cases the studio behind the remaster might upscale textures to make them better flow with the higher resolution, but very rarely create a new set of textures.
«…the original in 60fps» (and higher resolution) IS a remaster.

DavidGzz

I feel like people might have a misunderstanding of pc mods. Sure there's the obnoxious ones with a aim to cheapen the experience or make every character nude with giant tits or penises. BUT, the majority of them from what I've found have been doing what developers simply won't.

So much so you see games like the recently released Mass Effect Legendary edition and upcoming Witcher 3 enhanced edition both including mods from the modding community cause they actually improved the game.

Replaying games on PC coming over from being mainly a console player and having a wealth of mods to fix nagging issues developers never got around to has been a god send.

Yep, and The Convergence mod for Dark Souls 3 makes magic awesome. There are summons, light magic, druid spells, wind magic, etc. Also, your mana regenerates so you don't have to make sure you have a bunch of ashen estus flasks to not feel punished for casting spells. You can refight any boss from an array of altars. There are countless things they added. I'm convinced anyone naysaying mods are just consoles gamers who have never even downloaded one. I used to think that way until I experienced them.

TheBoss1

I'm not saying it should get DeS Remake graphics but so what if it did? Those graphics didn't destroy From's art style. If anything, it made their one flaw as a studio stand out like a sore thumb. From Software fanboys, which I am part of now, absolutely hate any criticism regarding graphics and will deflect saying, "It's about the art style, not graphics". As if that has anything to do to low res textures and hair from that looks straight from the PS3 era. I love these games as much as any fan but that doesn't mean the studio is immune to criticism. No studio is.

As much as I love the idea of 60 fps, upgraded res, and some texture upgrades, I think they'd get hell for trying to resell that at full price. Too many of their existing properties have already gotten those types of upgrades for free and I think it would be a bad look.

I'd love to see the game with more dynamic overhauled lighting/raytracing and a new meaty DLC, maybe a new coop mode or features to expand the base game.

Or they'd look at the vocal minority whining and not give a shit cause people would still buy it. Including large chunk of the people complaining no doubt.

Spacefish

You´re talking about a remake. A remaster takes the original game and optimize the code so that it works better on a more modern system. No new assets or textures in most cases. In some cases the studio behind the remaster might upscale textures to make them better flow with the higher resolution, but very rarely create a new set of textures.
«…the original in 60fps» (and higher resolution) IS a remaster.
that's not true, there are many cases where a remaster fucks with the original, even if its just "improving" textures and lighting. This already happened with Dark souls and it's up to debate whether any of the changes were improvements. If its a port its called a port, if its a remaster they go in and tinker while ruining everything they touch.

I hope theyvremake anything else of actual value.

Not by Bluepoint though. As shown by the Colossus and demon's souls remakes, they have no taste at all.

Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Okamiden

Only if the frame pacing bug is remastered as well. That would be fair
What's a frame pacing bug tho? I hear about it all the time, but I still don't know what exactly it is after spending 200+ hours in the game.

Last edited:

manfestival

Lol imagine being someone that actually waited for this to be a thing. Fun game though, bought it years ago and then claimed it free whenever it was on ps+.

rofif

Banned
Lol imagine being someone that actually waited for this to be a thing. Fun game though, bought it years ago and then claimed it free whenever it was on ps+.
Imagine being this stubborn and... frankly miserable to not get 200usd ps4 slim to play a damn game you crave to much to play for years.
It's not worth "saving the experience" until it gets to pc 4k60... it can be years or never. or the port might be junk.

Top Bottom