• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

If I enter the DLC in NG+ will the new content be leveled like NG+? I only have one character who is a pretty high level, I'm not very interested in making a new one.

Are we sure its not just scaling to level? I'm sure NG+ does its normal difficulty bump also.

I guess I don't know for sure but I would be surprised if this were the case. NG+ doesn't scale to your level afaik, it just bumps up the difficulty a set amount, which would apply to the DLC as well in NG+.

Vinc

Question for peeps in this thread:

So I have two characters.

One of them is NG+ and around level 90 with a fully leveled up weapon. I just beat vicar amelia with it.

The second one is at the very beginning of the game with a level 2 weapon and level 11, at the first boss.

I assume it's pretty much not even worth trying with my second character, but will I be ok / at a recommended level for my NG+ character or should I grind more / grind my second character?

Pachimari

If I buy The Old Hunters and start up Bloodborne, will I even be able to see what is original content and what it The Old Hunters content? Is the DLC added seamlessly to the game's world and design?

VinFTW

Oh man, can't wait for this.

On mobile so the OT is struggling for me:

Is there a physical release for this DLC?

dock

I enjoyed Bloodborne quite a bit, but I stopped playing in the area full of invisible bullshit.

Is there anything in The Old Hunters for players like me, that have played lots of the game but can't progress past some of the later points?

Robot Pants

Oh man, can't wait for this.

On mobile so the OT is struggling for me:

Is there a physical release for this DLC?

Only in Japan on December 3rd.
NA so far is digital only.
EU will get GOTY edition on the 27th, but as far as we know the DLC isnt on the disc, its a code within the package.

double post, whoops

How far into the DLC are you? And in terms of content is it comparable to say, Dark Souls 1's AoTA expansion?

Played maybe a couple hours so far. Can't really make that call yet but from what I understand there are 3 unique areas to the DLC and I stopped still at the first.

I am so fucking excited for this but cannot play right away, due to my schedule being very busy. I'll be able to play in about 2 weeks.

Enjoy the DLC, everyone! |o_

Mr Git

The League isn't required for NPC summons though? I found an Old Hunter summon in the Defiled chalice dungeon last night but haven't encountered the League chap yet.

silva1991

I enjoyed Bloodborne quite a bit, but I stopped playing in the area full of invisible bullshit.

You don't happen to refer to the thing that picks you up next to a giant door?

edit:

First i was "wtf?" then it hit me that he is probably in N.Mensis with the frenzy tower.

or that. while getting frenzied they are spear looking things that looks like stabbing the player.

Manu

First i was "wtf?" then it hit me that he is probably in N.Mensis with the frenzy tower.

Ah yes. Most likely. I just rushed through that section this morning so I would be ready for the expansion. Took me an hour even grabbing the Blood Rock.

Fuck them Winter Lanterns though.

Is there anything in The Old Hunters for players like me, that have played lots of the game but can't progress past some of the later points?

There are no invisible enemies in Bloodborne. What are you talking about? Are you talking about the frenzy in Mensis?

Unlocks in 12 hrs, 35 mins from now.

I hate my life and wish I was never born.

I dont think think there are invisible enemies. Unless you mean the cainhurst ghosts but they are only invisible till you get near them..... Or maybe the witches but they are really easy and also appear when near them...

But you can gain access to the DLC pretty early. However I'm not sure its recommended you do it that early.

Edit: if you mean frenzy you just hide behind rocks / use frenzy resist / sedatives.

Robot Pants

The League isn't required for NPC summons though? I found an Old Hunter summon in the Defiled chalice dungeon last night but haven't encountered the League chap yet.

RIght you dont have to be IN the League to summon them. The 1.07 patch just adds the function.

brah ur getting all up in a frenzy for no reason!

The league guy,
Valtr
is in
the Hut next first lantern in the forbidden wood's.
You picked up the old hunter bell which appears on the steps in the hunters dream which is what let's you summon the new npcs.

myco666

If I buy The Old Hunters and start up Bloodborne, will I even be able to see what is original content and what it The Old Hunters content? Is the DLC added seamlessly to the game's world and design?

You access to the DLC same way you access to some areas in the main game. It seems to be added so that if you are playing it the first time you probably won't even know it is the DLC.

Oh boy 5 hours to go.

dock

edit: my mistake, it wasn't because of invisible enemies. I was thinking of something else.

Nevertheless, Yahar'gul, Unseen Village.

dock

Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of something else entirely.
There are no invisible enemies.

but yes, I stopped playing in Yahar'gul, Unseen Village.

What? There are no invisible enemies here.

Maybe he means the hags that sneak up on you in the prison? There's one room where
one darts across a doorway, so you slowly enter the room with the camera facing the direction she ran to, only to be fucking tanked by a second one behind you.

Edit- never mind, OP was mistaken

Ah. This is the zone that teaches you sometimes running is better than fighting.

You can complete it in a few mins once you know the route lol.

Weakling.

So which is it?
I would think that it is added the way myco666 describes it.

They're both right. There is something almost everyone is running into the first time they play it.
But the DLC area itself is disconnected from the rest of the map, like the Nightmare Frontier.

Top Bottom