• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

NEO0MJ

Just got my disc back from my friend and now started this. I have reached the
Ludwig
boss fight and was wondering if I skipped any lanterns on my way to it, considering that so far I only have access to the original lantern in Hunter's Nightmare.

Just got my disc back from my friend and now started this. I have reached the
Ludwig
boss fight and was wondering if I skipped any lanterns on my way to it, considering that so far I only have access to the original lantern in Hunter's Nightmare.

You did, yeah.
To the right of the giant with the Church Canon, there's a chapel with a lantern.

NEO0MJ

You did, yeah.
To the right of the giant with the Church Canon, there's a chapel with a lantern.

Thanks! Must have skipped it because
I'm now scarred shitless of these new giants, ax guy especially. Those blasts make dodging them much harder now.

LiK

Jesus, first boss of DLC was harder than expected. Kinda bullshit with that one move that can kill in one shot. Anyway, best him after a few retries.

Darn. Collected all the weapons but no trophy popped. Do I have to have them in my inventory at the same time (Not the box in the Hunter's Dream)?

99% sure I haven't just missed one...

myco666

Darn. Collected all the weapons but no trophy popped. Do I have to have them in my inventory at the same time (Not the box in the Hunter's Dream)?

I am not sure since I almost always have all weapons with me but you could try putting everything in your inventory. Have you bought the one weapon from the shop?

edit.
Yeah, I noticed that afterwards. It definitely improves my impression of it but it still swings a little slow for my tastes. I rarely go Str builds in games cause I am super bad with Str style weapons and am more adept at faster characters so splitting my distribution into Str. for variety didn't appeal to me. That chunk it takes when you L1 it is pretty huge too and knowing my talent for timing I'd probably use it right before a boss hit me with it's strongest attack.

Str weapons are not for everyone. I prefer having slow hard hitting weapons over slow weaker weapons so Bloodletter is fantastic for me. You shouldn't use the transformation as itself. What I do is I hit with regular R1 and then press L1 as it does transformation attack and you get almost all life you lose back with it.

Ferr986

Some of them have to be bought from the shop, be sure you didn't miss anything. Same happened to me and I missed to buy one of them. If not , I dunno :/

I am not sure since I almost always have all weapons with me but you could try putting everything in your inventory. Have you bought the one weapon from the shop?

Some of them have to be bought from the shop, be sure you didn't miss anything. Same happened to me and I missed to buy one of them. If not , I dunno :/

If the one in the shop is Piercing Rifle (I think) then yes, I bough it.

I'll pop everything into my inventory, then double check with a list from the wiki.
Even though Old Hunters doesn't have a lot of trophies it'd be my first "part" of a Souls game with all trophies...so I'd want to platinum Bloodborne :p
Edit: hadn't got Bloodletter. I do now. Trophy popped.

Not sure if related, but I had to rebuy a hunters cane (even though I had one +7) for mine to pop. Not sure why, though.

Edit: never mind^^

ScionX

Neo Member
Just felt the need to thank the two randoms who finished off
Ludwig
for me while I was trying to skip the cutscene. Been stuck on him for days.

Milijango

Is there any definitive best version of a weapon in terms of slots?

Whichever one has a triangle slot, because it's much easier to get powerful triangle gems than waning ones in chalice dungeons. Different for non-physical builds; waning is probably best.

If you don't plan on touching that part of the game (chalice dungeons) it doesn't matter because the best gems in the main game are droplets, which fit in every slot anyway.

myco666

Looks like I'm missing Simons bowblade did I miss it from the story line?

You get it from
Harrowed Hunter questline. You need to talk to him near the first lamp of the DLC first. Then he appears next to Research Hall lamp and you need to talk to him and after that he should be near the Lighthouse Hut lamp.
So if you can't find him anywhere you can't get it until next NG cycle.

You get it from
Harrowed Hunter questline. You need to talk to him near the first lamp of the DLC first. Then he appears next to Research Hall lamp and you need to talk to him and after that he should be near the Lighthouse Hut lamp.
So if you can't find him anywhere you can't get it until next NG cycle.

The
Research Hall
one could be pretty easy to miss if you are doing well, the area is not particularly difficult, I probably never would have seen him there if I didn't go back to the Hunter's Dream to spend some blood.

myco666

The
Research Hall
one could be pretty easy to miss if you are doing well, the area is not particularly difficult, I probably never would have seen him there if I didn't go back to the Hunter's Dream to spend some blood.

It is easily missable for sure. First time through I only saw him due me going into
Living Failures
with 2 vials and dying.

Audioboxer

Completed DLC and got all the trophies, Bravo From!

Back to 99% trophy completion, just need to get the trophy from the chalices.

pa22word

Are any of the new weapons interesting for a dex build?

I played the og game about 85-90% through and just got so bored with the game I never played it again due to how much of a drag the low weapon variety was getting to me.

I never noticed the real doll's finger twitches in the abandoned church workshop. That's creepy as hell. And was the source of that "oh... Yes" voice there ever discovered?

This is more a base game question I know, but this is the more active thread.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Are any of the new weapons interesting for a dex build?

I played the og game about 85-90% through and just got so bored with the game I never played it again due to how much of a drag the low weapon variety was getting to me.

Rayuko, the Saif and the Church Pick are skill primary weapons with some arcane and str scaling. The Bowblade is a skill/blood weapon.

sn00zer

Anyone notice that the end of the second area is set up like a birth channel that opens into the third area? Actually i would argue the whole spirally area before is travelling through a large head not dissimilar to the enemies that are experimented on. Then the whole flower area, new life, then the clock area which works as a birth canal, to open up into this large wet area. Even the final boss in this area looks like its attached to a large placenta.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's a shame that there isn't an interesting area to run while waiting to be summoned into the Clocktower.
Yeah that's true but I would get insta-summoned for L
ady Maria

But coop utterly trivializes that fight. I thought she was the hardest to solo lol, but that may have been my choice of weapon (hammer form of the kirkhammer >_<). But coop just means stunlocking her to death like a gankfest and... I don't know, feels bad and unfair, lol. The other bosses are more fun to coop.

Speaking of ganking, is it just me, or is OoK easier to stagger with the pizza cutter L2 chain in its second form than its first form?

MMaRsu

Banned
Guys ho do I start the dlc? I have entered NG+ and beaten Father G and Cleric in one go. I want to start this ish. Ive got the old hunter bell and im in Oedon Chapel what do I do?

Zornack

Guys ho do I start the dlc? I have entered NG+ and beaten Father G and Cleric in one go. I want to start this ish. Ive got the old hunter bell and im in Oedon Chapel what do I do?

Defeat Amelia, initiate the fear the old blood cutscene, go to the Hunter's Dream, pick up the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from the messengers on the stairs, get grabbed by the Amygdala that is in the courtyard left of the Cathedral Ward lamp.

Just finished Laurence, that's everything. In terms of difficulty, I'd rank the bosses Ludwig > OOK > Laurence > Maria > Living Failures. I was on NG++, all solo. Here's the Laurence fight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJLoVZzTVFo - I think his final phase is the easiest. The 'trick' to the fight is dodging his sweeping attacks without locking on so you an get behind him. It took some time to get the timing down of course. I feel like Ludwig, Laurence, and OoK are probably the most difficult bosses in the whole game, up there with Ebrietias. Area three was my favorite, it's one of my favorite areas in the game. It reminded me of something you'd see in a Souls game. I really like all of the new armor sets, some of the best looking in the game. The new weapons are pretty great too. Church Pick, Whirigig, Boom Hammer, and Bowblade are my favorite. All in all, that was by far the most difficult chunk of Bloodborne.
Nice fight, I enjoyed watching this. Finishing him off with the gun was a nice touch, haha.

RiggyRob

Episode 10, Pimmsy vs. Amygdala: https://youtu.be/cQWfwvsw3tA

Pimmsy's absolutely blitzing through the DLC on a no mercy run, killed
Yamamura
and
Brador
, beaten the
Living Failures
and
Lady Maria
, picked up
Simon's Bowblade, Bloodletter and Church Pick
, found
Laurence's Skull
and is now at OoK.

Any tips on where
Laurence's Skull
is used?

ironcreed

Banned
Defeat Amelia, initiate the fear the old blood cutscene, go to the Hunter's Dream, pick up the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from the messengers on the stairs, get grabbed by the Amygdala that is in the courtyard left of the Cathedral Ward lamp.

If he is in NG+ then he does not have to defeat Amelia again because it is already night. Just get the blood drunk eye at Hunter's Dream, go to Cathedral Ward and take a left out the door. Then head right behind the tree, where some loot is/was on a body draped over a gate.

myco666

If he is in NG+ then he does not have to defeat Amelia again because it is already night. Just get the blood drunk eye at Hunter's Dream, go to Cathedral Ward and take a left out the door. Then head right behind the tree, where some loot is/was on a body draped over a gate.

What? You have to beat Amelia in NG+ to get to DLC. That is the only way to get next moon phase. It isn't night when you start NG+.

Top Bottom