• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Raptor

It varies between the players, but Pthumerian Descendant is harder than anything else in the chalices for me. I've never managed to beat him solo. If you beat Abhorrent Beast in hand-to-hand combat, instead of cheesing with poison knives and Bone Marrow Ash, you might not have such hard time as I did.

I killed both solo.

After like 60 tries :(

The one that I could not beat solo was Laurence, I just couldnt do it.

Melchiah

I killed both solo.

I just barely managed to beat Laurence with the help of NPC hunter. I had only a sliver of health left, and all the Blood Vials were spent.

I killed both solo.

Larry is a pain. Especially in his second phase. Bone Marrow Ash and a powerful gun help, but still...

I never figured out how to dodge Abhorrent Beast normally, so I used the Old Hunter's Bone to dodge his hits. He still did my head in like nobody's business.

Raptor

I just barely managed to beat Laurence with the help of NPC hunter. I had only a sliver of health left, and all the Blood Vials were spent.

I went and summoned a hunter, some extremelly powerfull dude came in and well damn destroyed his ass lol.

For Descendant and Aborrent there is like this phase you enter with them in that its a constant dodge/attack very close to them, parry them doesnt work cause they are way fast IMO, and both are opposites, with aborrent is to his right and desendant to his left, intense and I had to enter a state of trance that I imagine I was not even seeing them but only focused on his arms lol.

Both extremelly aggressive but oh so satisfying to kill, I felt I could take anythign after I Was done with them, only to be humbled by that Larry :p

pa22word

Well, just beat abhorent beast and am now at lower lorian and defiled chalices. Probably a good place to set the game down as the chalices really do wear on you after a while.

Does anyone know if all the chalice stuff, materials and all, hold over for NG+? I think I'm going to just go ahead and beat the final boss(es) and call it good for now considering doom is out tomorrow anyways.

SDR-UK

Well, just beat abhorent beast and am now at lower lorian and defiled chalices. Probably a good place to set the game down as the chalices really do wear on you after a while.

Does anyone know if all the chalice stuff, materials and all, hold over for NG+? I think I'm going to just go ahead and beat the final boss(es) and call it good for now considering doom is out tomorrow anyways.

Chalice Dungeons are totally separate from the NG cycles. Your progress will remain.

Deku Tree

Any tips for the Orphan of Kos ? Can I realistically beat him alone ?

Thanks.

NEW OT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225014&page=7

EDIT: Oh wait this is the Old Hunters OT. Sorry I get them confused.

OoK is the hardest boss in the game. Some say the hardest boss in the whole souls-bourne franchise.

Yes he has been beaten alone by many many people even on NG+6 but it can be very hard and punishing.

Basically you have to really understand his whole move-set and his tells very well, and know when there are opportunities to damage him, and otherwise stay safe and don't get hit.

Or summon, and then take turns hitting him while he's agro'd on the other guy like every other boss.

Matt Frost

Any tips for the Orphan of Kos ? Can I realistically beat him alone ?

Thanks.

Like Deku Tree says, Kos is the hardest boss From ever made (in my experience). If you can, bring a buddy with you, will help inmensely, but if you cant, try to asfixiate him as much as possible, dont give him much room to breathe. With the Saw Cleaver he gets stun with each hit so that weapons helps a lot. Sorry I cant help you since I am on NG+ and havent reached the DLC yet.

Here they are :
FMJv24z.png
It's not that it really one shots me, but once I finally got to 1/4 of its life it begins spamming long range attacks and once I get close it does a combo of wide spread attacks and I can't hit it or counter it or evade it...

I tried 30 times this afternoon, I think I'm going to let the game alone for a little while...

Melchiah

Here they are :

It's not that it really one shots me, but once I finally got to 1/4 of its life it begins spamming long range attacks and once I get close it does a combo of wide spread attacks and I can't hit it or counter it or evade it...

I tried 30 times this afternoon, I think I'm going to let the game alone for a little while...

During the last phase it's easier to go to its tail, and hack it and the legs. When it jumps, don't evade. That way it won't damage you.

EDIT: Nevermind. For some reason I thought you talked about Defiled Amygdala.

bestfieldscup

Neo Member
Could someone help me defeat Watch Dog of the Old Lords (defiled)?

I am level 103 I believe, and I have gotten this boss to around 4-5% of its health 10 times or so after 40 attempts. I give up! I only have 2 insight, so someone who can definitely do this boss please! I'll be online through the next 8 hours or so, just message me whichever time is suitable.
Cheers!

Deku Tree

Could someone help me defeat Watch Dog of the Old Lords (defiled)?

I am level 103 I believe, and I have gotten this boss to around 4-5% of its health 10 times or so after 40 attempts. I give up! I only have 2 insight, so someone who can definitely do this boss please! I'll be online through the next 8 hours or so, just message me whichever time is suitable.
Cheers!

This DLC thread is pretty dead.

You'd probably get more responses if you posted here

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=207660780#post207660780

Or even here

https://m.reddit.com/r/huntersbell?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Matt Frost

Here they are :

Don't give up... This game deserves and rewards you for having patience. Try to get more stats to level 40 (the soft cap, after that is not really worth it, as they give you 1 point for 10 levels... not worth it unless you have every stat at 40) then go back and it will be easier.

FINALLY BEAT ORPHAN OF KOS 😂😂😂😂

Solo'ed him and didn't cheese him.
I still can't believe I got him after x attempts with him having only a tiny bit of life left. That last parry was the last attack I needed to kill him.

I did it by memorizing every sign of attack and pattern and parrying him each time I could.

Whew, now I only have the DLC boss left and the endgame of the main game which I think will be easier.

Chiggs

Well, I really screwed up. I beat the game and then decided to go into the Hunter's Nightmare after wasting Vicar Amelia. The difficulty in NG1 makes this area a complete nightmare.

I can't even imagine what Orphan of Kos will be like.

Edzi

Well, I really screwed up. I beat the game and then decided to go into the Hunter's Nightmare after wasting Vicar Amelia. The difficulty in NG1 makes this area a complete nightmare.

I can't even imagine what Orphan of Kos will be like.

As someone who played it solo on NG+++, I can say you'll probably be fine. NG+ probably isn't as bad with the cheap stuff that NG+++ made me endure, like one hit kill moves from most of the bosses.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think I'm about to meet Orphan of Kos for the first time? I found a second lamp in the
Fishing Hamlet
and just got the bowblade from the npc.

It feels like I'm near the end of the area and about to fight a boss soon.

Looking forward to this fight because everyone says he's hard and I've loved this DLC so far. Ludwig and Maria were some of the greatest boss fights in the game.

Top Bottom