• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained released in Japan; Japanese backers won't get their copies shipped until "the coming weeks"

JohannCK

Edit: Read this for the full details

Original post:

The game was released in Japan today and only today did they send out this e-mail.

Hello everyone,

We have an update to provide you regarding delivery of Japanese copies of the game to backers both in Japan and globally. Copies of the game have begun shipping this week, and will continue to do so in the coming weeks, depending on platform and circumstantial logistics. XB1 copies will be the first to arrive, and PS4 & Switch Japanese copies of the game for backers outside of Japan will be arriving last. We will also be sending digital copies of the game as soon as they’re available in the coming weeks. If you don’t receive your package or a shipping confirmation right away there’s no cause for concern, it’s just the normal processing of the production queue. We will also be providing all backers with an extra digital copy of the game for your respective platform to thank you for your patience and apologize for these unexpected delays.

For any other backer support requests, please contact Fangamer at orders@fangamer.com.

- The Bloodstained team at 505 Games, ArtPlay, GSE, and Fangamer

This "extra digital copy" isn't at all of an apology given how they suddenly delayed the released to September only days before the worldwide launch of the game, and then quietly delayed it again to October at some point and then didn't even get the game to backers ON THE JAPANESE RELEASE DAY. "Sorry to fuck you over, here's another copy of the game at no additional cost to us!"

Note that they say that they will give backers digital codes as an "apology". Emphasis on "will" because they haven't yet, despite the game already having been released.

Disgusting.

Last edited:
not surprised considering their constant delays with patches. The game is good but it's sad it's ruined by delays after delays. Their time management has been atrocious as they always struggle to keep up with their own schedule.

505games? more like Error 404 games

ranmafan

I was so angry today about this. The lies by everyone to us backers in Japan, from Iga to 505 games, to fangamer has been unacceptable. Let me give you an example. They sent me a package saying it was just a sleeve being sent. Then they changed it last night on fangamers website saying they shipped the game, but Today as I opened the package it was just the alchemist treasure goodies.

Japanese gamers are extremely pissed about this. No one in the campaign will answer any of our questions on any of their multiple social media accounts. Their email to us today was insulting. People were shocked that they were shipping Xbox games first for instance. Not only that there is a Iga signing event in Akihabara and seems like some gamers want to go just to ask him what’s up.

It’s a real screw up. They promised we were the top priority to get us our games after the ridiculous delay. Everyone on that campaign were simply liers!

What’s also ridiculous, they won’t even give us are apology digital versions today. Heck you can’t even buy it on the psn store here still. And that apology item is not at all what we were expecting when they promised us something special for a four month wait. What a joke of a campaign.

Last edited:

JohannCK

I was so angry today about this. The lies by everyone to us backers in Japan, from Iga to 505 games, to fangamer has been unacceptable. Let me give you an example. They sent me a package saying it was just a sleeve being sent. Then they changed it last night on fangamers website saying they shipped the game, but Today as I opened the package it was just the alchemist treasure goodies.

Japanese gamers are extremely pissed about this. No one in the campaign will answer any of our questions on any of their multiple social media accounts. Their email to us today was insulting. People were shocked that they were shipping Xbox games first for instance. Not only that there is a Iga signing event in Akihabara and seems like some gamers want to go just to ask him what’s up.

It’s a real screw up. They promised we were the top priority to get us our games after the ridiculous delay. Everyone on that campaign were simply liers!

What’s also ridiculous, they won’t even give us are apology digital versions today. Heck you can’t even buy it on the psn store here still. And that apology item is not at all what we were expecting when they promised us something special for a four month wait. What a joke of a campaign.
How was your bonus stuff? They shipped it from the US in a small box with no padding and I've seen that some people are reporting that their's was damaged. The box on mine was banged up a bit, though not too badly.

Last edited:

ranmafan

How was your bonus stuff? They shipped it from the US in a small box with no padding and I've seen that some people are reporting that their's was damaged. The box on mine was banged up a bit, though not too badly.

Surprisingly it arrived intact and not damaged at all. Seeing all the pictures of the other backers boxes damaged was a worry. Thankfully I lucked out on that. Still kind of a kick in the gut for them to send those items and have them arrive on launch day without a game.

I still cant believe they screwed up the Japanese launch of this so bad. They didn't even have a publisher or a cero rating when they said all was ok to go and were confirming our addresses in May. Then they picked a company no one had ever heard of to publish it which still surprises me. Now they are using the logistics excuse again. And to top it all off, they had the guts to say in the email that they were sending out Xbox copies first. To the country that doesn't care about Xbox at all.

I've never had an issue with a crowdfunding project before, and this one seemed to be the best all the way up to the announcement of the Japanese delay. Now they won't even respond to any emails or what not. And from what Im seeing Japanese gamers are very pissed. While I don't think crowdfunding is all that bad, one things for sure, Im never crowdfunding a project with these people involved again.

What worries me more though, is the lies from fan gamer to me on my shipment. Saying they shipped the game when they didn't. Heck they didn't even ship the sleeve they originally said they were shipping me. They are involved in sending out the Shenmue 3 games too. If they actually respond to my email I sent them today about this, Im absolutely bringing up that one, cause if that doesn't show up here on release Ill be even angrier.

ranmafan

They delayed it but it doesnt change the fact that its still a good game.

Its too bad us backers in Japan aren't able to confirm that for ourselves. Also the delay was so ridiculous based on what Ive been told. We shouldn't have had to wait four months, and us backers should've had the game first in Japan on the Japanese release date. Its unbelievable they are selling the game in stores but cant get them sent to us. . Especially since getting us the game was their "highest priority" from what they claimed. Too bad that turned out not true.

Last edited:

JohannCK

Its too bad us backers in Japan aren't able to confirm that for ourselves. Also the delay was so ridiculous based on what Ive been told. We shouldn't have had to wait four months, and us backers should've had the game first in Japan on the Japanese release date. Its unbelievable they are selling the game in stores but cant get them sent to us. . Especially since getting us the game was their "highest priority" from what they claimed. Too bad that turned out not true.
I want to point out that they could have given out codes for the US release to Japanese backers in June if they wanted to. 505 Games actually confirmed that themselves when in July they said that they would give US version DL codes to Japanese backers who want them... Granted that they give up on all of their other backer rewards.

They're just despicable.

Last edited:

ranmafan

I want to point out that they could have given out codes for the US release to Japanese backers in June if they wanted to. 505 Games actually confirmed that themselves when in July they said that they would give US version DL codes to Japanese backers who want them... Granted that they give up on all of their other backer rewards.

They're just despicable.

Yeah that was absolutely dispicable. Them only giving us steam keys, which many people including myself here in Japan don't use at all, was a waste. Not only that what about all those people that opted to switch to a US key in September when they were offered it? Now they see if they had waited not only would they have gotten the physical but a digital key as well. And even then the digital key extra copy was not something I was expecting when they promised us something special to make up for this to us.

Simply put, us backers here in Japan are being treated as the lowest class of backer. A shameful display by them. Particularly their silence. I cant imagine what Iga's signing event in Akiba will be like. I have a feeling some backers are going to bring it up to him and not be happy.

JohannCK

I delved into the rabbit hole researching for this article and found that it's actually far worse than I thought.

Japanese backers had told 505 that they would rather have console downloads than Steam downloads because nobody plays on PC in Japan back in June, but they were told that 505 would only be willing to do it if the backers gave up on their rewards. In the end (October) Xbox backers are getting NA codes. Xbox digital backers were made to wait four months for a Japanese release that never came, and are being given the NA release in the end. Not that there's a lot of Xbox backers in Japan, but still...

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
At least with hardware-based kickstarters from reputable people there's a certain guarantee it's going to succeed when there are already prototypes available. Developers asking money for games that are still on the drawing table are liable to scam the shit out of people. You're basically paying idea guys to create something.

ranmafan

I delved into the rabbit hole researching for this article and found that it's actually far worse than I thought.

Japanese backers had told 505 that they would rather have console downloads than Steam downloads because nobody plays on PC in Japan back in June, but they were told that 505 would only be willing to do it if the backers gave up on their rewards. In the end (October) Xbox backers are getting NA codes. Xbox digital backers were made to wait four months for a Japanese release that never came, and are being given the NA release in the end. Not that there's a lot of Xbox backers in Japan, but still...

Wow reading all that was amazing. Fantastic job on the article and getting some new info out there. It’s great to see someone out there reporting on this. The so called Japan game experts at other big name sites have ignored it all and makes me glad I’m not a fan of those sites. It was good to hear Iga apologizing to fans at the event but he really should do more. When FFXV was delayed they did a big video apology. He should too.

I also have have had no success in getting in touch with fangamer. Two separate emails, including one with two pictures where their website and email to me had said they had shipped my game even though that hadn’t, have gone unanswered. The “angel” guy seems to have just disappeared. I wish he was answering questions again cause I remember him saying to me on the Kickstarter website that we would certainly get something special to make up for the delay. Digital copies aren’t wait I would call something special.

In an update, I might add, fangamer may indeed be shipping things now. I checked my survey page and noticed a new update. It says: DROP SHIPMENT IN PROGRESS. Not sure what’s going on but hopefully it’s the game.

I’m still pretty pissed at the whole thing. I won’t back anything by anyone involved with the campaign again. Also it makes me super worried about Shenmue 3 since fangamer is handling those games as well.

Durask

IMHO, it is just not worth it to kickstart anything.
If it comes out and it is a good product, then buy it.

Dontero

Banned
Note to anyone trying to kickstart something. Never care for physical goods. Those are always problem and you will be lucky getting them in proper form.

Secondly, never treat kickstarting game as buying game.

Bought Bloodstained and finished it already. Amazing game and worth kickstarting.

ranmafan

Note to anyone trying to kickstart something. Never care for physical goods. Those are always problem and you will be lucky getting them in proper form.

Secondly, never treat kickstarting game as buying game.

Bought Bloodstained and finished it already. Amazing game and worth kickstarting.

That’s true. I’ve always treated it as it is, an investment. Sometimes investments go great, other times not so much. Although I do think some of these video game kickstarters in recent years have felt more like glamorized preorder setups. But of course people must remember the risks involved. So far in all the years of doing Kickstarter every one of those investments paid off beautifully for me that I took part in and I’m glad I did. This is the first I’ve had to deal with that’s gone quite badly.

My big issue here is that one group of people only, which I’m a part of, have been not given the return of our investment as promised while the rest of the world has. And the way we are being ignored is kinda unbelievable. Sure there are lots of even worse kickstarters out there, but this one situation really is weird considering all the vagueness in the explanations at first, right down to the complete ignoring of everyone’s comments the past week. This will certainly leave a bad taste in the mouth of gamers in Japan on the idea of supporting crowdfunding campaigns for sure.

Also when I come to think about it, I find it a bit funny but also insulting that the Iga signing event took place at Trader in Akiba, which was one of the big stores selling the western versions of the game a week before their releases in June. It’s almost like they were rubbing it in to us backers.

Hopefully we will get some good news soon. But without communication from the Bloodstained team, right now there is just anger. Some honest answers and a real honest apology would go a long way to fixing this

JohannCK

An apology might have worked months ago, alongside some form of reparation, like maybe a code for a digital copy of the game that backers could actually use.

With the worldwide release four months ago and the public Japanese release almost a week ago, it's now far too late for that. There's been nothing but outright malice in 505's interactions with Japanese backers and it's hard to imagine that any apology they could come up with at this point would have even the slightest grain of sincerity.

ranmafan

An apology might have worked months ago, alongside some form of reparation, like maybe a code for a digital copy of the game that backers could actually use.

With the worldwide release four months ago and the public Japanese release almost a week ago, it's now far too late for that. There's been nothing but outright malice in 505's interactions with Japanese backers and it's hard to imagine that any apology they could come up with at this point would have even the slightest grain of sincerity.

Sadly that’s pretty much true. Even the apologies we have been given have felt so empty. I know a lot of people are posting that “don’t kickstart games” and all but here was a success that shows it works, but one whole country was screwed in the process.

I also loved how last night they gave a backer update just talking about a concert in Japan. I know the timing isn’t the best but they should know better to send out such an update when backers questions and inquiries keep going unanswered. I just hope that fangamer change in status on the backer pages is a good sign

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I'm living in the US at the moment, but chose Japanese version because... well, why not? It seemed like such an incidental decision at the time.

Now, 5 months after US release:

giphy.gif

JohannCK

The Japanese download version is now available on the PS4, yet they haven't sent out download codes to backers.

Last edited:

ranmafan

The Japanese download version is now available on the PS4, yet they haven't sent out download codes to backers.

Hopefully it’s just a matter of time. But considering the mess that fangamer particularly has made in distributing things I’m not keeping my hopes up. I just wish someone would answer our questions. I’ve even heard they have banned people from the Japanese discord discussion who brought up their frustrations. This is the worst PR handling I’ve ever seen for a game release since everyone refuses to talk.

ranmafan

Looks like we are getting an update soon on the Japan situation. One of the 505 guys on the bloodstained discord said the next Kickstarter update is coming up this morning and there will be news about the Japan situation. And they admitted that the wait has been way to long for us. Hopefully good news shortly, but be prepared for more of the same.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Great game but I guess IGA is learning the hard way that is not so easy to do the indie thing.

I hope he keeps making games and improving on all sides of the business.

ranmafan

Well the update is in and as I was warned just before it would be published, it’s light on details. They do say that shipping of PS4 copies should start today. Good news for some of us. But digital codes are still a ways off. I still wish they were more open about why these delays keep happening. I mean why is it they are only now getting the games into their warehouse a week late? Why do they have to be so vague?

I really hope Shenmue 3 doesn’t have similar issues later this month. I was assured from someone at fangamer who emailed me last night about their errors in saying they sent the game to me that there won’t be a repeat of the bloodstained screwups for that. Hopefully it’s true. But now we are in November and are still waiting for Bloodstained. Wow.

JohannCK

I just saw the update.

I wrote this in the article:

A recurring opinion amongst Japanese backers is that 505 Games has determined that due to the vast majority of backers being from outside Japan, they feel no obligation to treat Japanese backers with any respect or sincerity. Though this might be little more than blind conjecture, with each day passing by with not a word from the publisher regarding the delay and the games still not shipping, it gets harder and harder to shake the creeping suspicion that it might be true.

It's starting to become more than just a suspicion.

ranmafan

It's starting to become more than just a suspicion.

I’m starting to agree more and more with this view. I said way back in June on the Kickstarter page that we were being treated like B level backers. Today I feel like we are treated worst than that. No respect is given to us. Even last night when I spoke to the 505 games person on discord about it he basically said while there was news about the japan release today, don’t expect much. They still give vague answers to everything. Like supposedly the PS4 games start shipping today, ok but from where? Their American warehouse? Didn’t they say they had a Japanese one. Even questions to fangamer were answered to me in the weirdest ways. They said it would be weeks just hours before 505 said it would start today, and also mentioned different shipping places being the reason for their website and email saying they shipped me a game but in actuality they just shipped the backer goods.

I don’t know how many of us are affected but this is a mess. Multiple versions of the same game, released by different companies, with different dates, with issues where the only publisher they could get was a Hong Kong one that only started releasing physical games in Japan in July? Add to that issues relating to cero applications, lies to the backers, a thank you apology gift promised that ended up being just another copy of the game and even it’s still late too. Heck they even hold the signing event at a store that was selling the import games before the import release date.

Earlier this week I saw a video where a producer for Bandai Namco apologized for a mobile Tales of game being delayed until next year. The apology in that had more weight, sincerity, and deserving of forgiveness than all of the small apologies Iga and the rest of the crew handling this mess have given combined. It’s sad people waiting for a mobile game got a more real and sincere apology than people who backed a campaign with their money from the people that took it from them and just screw up over and over.

I’m kinda shocked this isn’t a bigger story than it is. The anger I’ve seen from backers here is unlike any I’ve seen in the Japanese video game community. I know I sound like a broken record repeating everything In this thread, but damn the way this has gone on and still does should be viewed in the future as an example how not to treat your backers. This will be a huge stain on the idea of crowdfunding I believe in the Japanese video game fandom. I doubt anyone will want to crowdfund any game after this mess.

The worst thing about it, even when it’s all said and done and we eventually get our games, the damage has been done and my hype for it is 0 now. And seeing it at stores and on the sales charts this week, seeing over 12000 people have it but none of the backers do, that’s not right

JohannCK

They confirmed that they haven't shipped the game yet either, with copies still sitting in their warehouse (wherever that is) as of that update, so what on earth does that "drop shipment in progress" statement from Fangamer even mean, then?

Also a few people online have pointed out that the Japanese bit written by Igarashi has this very suspicious line:

>しかしながら、一部バッカーの皆様に届いていないと報告を受けました...

He says he has received reports that "some backers have not received the game". The English translation of this line, however, reads "we've received reports that backers were unable to receive their copy on release day", omitting the "some" and adding the "release day".

No matter how hard I look I've seen no reports online of a backer receiving the game, so Igarashi making it sound like all he's heard is that it's a problem occuring to a vast minority seems really suspicious. I'm not sure why the English statement adds the "release day" part, but it serves to give English-speaking readers (most people who are unaware of what's going on with the Japanese release) that the problem is already over.

This disparity between the statements might be nothing, or like people are speculating it might be indication that 505 is not reporting the situation to Artplay accurately and Igarashi actually thinks it's a small minority that hasn't gotten the game yet.

Last edited:

ranmafan

They confirmed that they haven't shipped the game yet either, with copies still sitting in their warehouse (wherever that is) as of that update, so what on earth does that "drop shipment in progress" statement from Fangamer even mean, then?

Also a few people online have pointed out that the Japanese bit written by Igarashi has this very suspicious line:

>しかしながら、一部バッカーの皆様に届いていないと報告を受けました...

He says he has received reports that "some backers have not received the game". The English translation of this line, however, reads "we've received reports that backers were unable to receive their copy on release day", omitting the "some" and adding the "release day".

No matter how hard I look I've seen no reports online of a backer receiving the game, so Igarashi making it sound like all he's heard is that it's a problem occuring to a vast minority seems really suspicious. I'm not sure why the English statement adds the "release day" part, but it serves to give English-speaking readers (most people who are unaware of what's going on with the Japanese release) that the problem is already over.

This disparity between the statements might be nothing, or like people are speculating it might be indication that 505 is not reporting the situation to Artplay accurately and Igarashi actually thinks it's a small minority that hasn't gotten the game yet.

I wish there was a way someone could contact Iga and find out what he knows. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were issues like you said.

I did notice one thing tonight. A sight change on my backer page for shipments saying my item was being handled by a local fulfillment partner. That wasn’t on the page this morning. Perhaps they really do have the games today and are shipping them inside Japan, but fangamers website is a mess and even they admitted that the using different shipping locations and centers cause errors on the page. So weird.

Graciaus

How did this game have such a delay for the Japanese release? I played it with Japanese audio. Never checked for text.

ranmafan

How did this game have such a delay for the Japanese release? I played it with Japanese audio. Never checked for text.

It’s an insanely long story but the original reason given was that the game was delayed in Japan due to logistical reasons. A very vague answer that really didn’t explain all the issues. After that gamers in Japan found out there were issues with publishing the game and getting cero ratings approval. Some gamers did in fact buy the import as the game is fully in Japanese. As for why we still don’t have our games a week after Japanese launch is still a mystery.

sn0man

Does this mean the Japanese release will have all the patches on disc? Could be the version to collect.

JohannCK

IF logistics was the reason for the June delay, that should have given them plenty of warning and time to prepare for the October launch. Instead we're here more than a week after the release of the game with them not even shipping backer copies yet. It's ridiculous.

I've updated the article with information from the last few days, and tossed in quotes from ranmafan ranmafan as I felt that it'd be nice to have more words directly from backers.

I’m kinda shocked this isn’t a bigger story than it is. The anger I’ve seen from backers here is unlike any I’ve seen in the Japanese video game community.

Have to say that I also find it odd how noone else is covering this at all. I guess western gamers just don't care about anything that doesn't directly affect them? Or at least that's what western gaming journalists think.

Last edited:

ranmafan

Have to say that I also find it odd how noone else is covering this at all. I guess western gamers just don't care about anything that doesn't directly affect them? Or at least that's what western gaming journalists think.

It’s especially odd when you got people like Bryan Ashcroft of Kotaku, who is a Japan reporter, report on all sorts of meaningless things happening here but just skips over such a big story like this that actually has merit. And not just him, lots of writers in Japan for other big websites could write about it. But yeah I think the western media feels like Bloodstained was yesterday’s news and what’s happening to Japan based backers isn’t important.

There were problems with fulfillment throughout this campaign, going all the way back to the release of "Circle of the Moon," which received little-to-no coverage. The issue is the general public has been able to acquire these products without complication; while other than outright fraud, the games media has shown they aren't particularly interested in covering backer complaints. When backers raise a fuss, non-backers (media or otherwise) all pretty much fall back on the usual refrains about what people should expect from crowd-funding.

I'd also suggest Western backers are just over it. They've dealt with their fulfillment quagmires and are merely unsurprised this continues to be an issue for the Japanese contingent.

Last edited:

JohannCK

The sheer level of incompetence here is something that really cannot be understated, though. It's 2 AM right now, but if I wanted to I could literally walk over to a store nearby (which is still open) and buy a copy of the game, and I'd be home and playing the game in less than 20 minutes.

Despite there being plenty of stock all over the country they not only failed to get backers the game earlier than the public release as they had promised, or even on time, but are instead taking weeks.

It's really just baffling that something like this could happen at all.

Last edited:

Lucumo

Japanese backers had told 505 that they would rather have console downloads than Steam downloads because nobody plays on PC in Japan back in June...
What about all the MMO and eroge players in Japan? :p

Good article by the way. How is the coverage on Japanese gaming websites?

JohannCK

With news, most Japanese gaming outlets only do articles with information direct from the game companies, meaning the last articles were just PR pieces on the autograph session.

Automaton is the only place actually covering Bloodstained and they did an article calling it a "disappointing launch" on release where the delays were mentioned, but haven't done a follow-up since.

It's really just baffling that something like this could happen at all.
Unfortunately, I have to disagree. Since taking the reins of the Kickstarter, 505 Games has consistently shown they only care about meeting the minimum requirements of the campaign, not treating backers with respect, let alone priority. This is a company whose representative at one point suggested it wouldn't be fair to the general public to ship Western backers their copies early (sadly, this is buried somewhere in the Kickstarter's comments section), when even besides the game's broken street-date, many (if not most) didn't receive their physical games until well after the actual release date.

Realistically, 505 Games has no connection to the campaign or the money it raised; they just got stuck with the logistical burden of having to manage its fulfillment, which they seem to have done fairly begrudgingly.

Last edited:

ranmafan

I certainly think 505 is a major factor in the problems. Particularly the lack of clear and honest communication to the Japanese backers. From the beginning of this particular ordeal it’s been a mess. Considering what we know now there was no way the game would’ve shipped on June 18th in Japan, so why did they not say so when they announced the date? Why did fangamer ask us for our address confirmations just a day before the delay was annouced. It’s baffling. Makes me wonder if the rumor I heard of a publisher in Japan pulling out of a deal at the last minute was true. They should’ve been honest and stated clearly the problems. Not be vague like they said this week they prefer when talking about issues with the game and how they are fixing them.

I’m not surprised big name Japanese sites aren’t writing about it. Japanese game media is pretty much a pr thing and all, just like most media here is. But the lack of coverage by so called “gaming journalists” in the west that are devoted to Japan is both disappointing and not surprising at all. It’s neither not important in their eyes or let’s be honest, not weird enough. That’s always how stories about Japan and the gaming scene is in the gaming media. Is it important and is it weird? Of course I don’t have much of a good opinion on gaming journalism at many of the big sites these days cause of that. And especially when a big story like this gets pushed aside for articles about recreating awful Gundam poses in a model, or how did the mom of the English voice actor of the bullet trains reacted to hearing her daughters announcements as she rode the train. (Granted that was a story on Japanese tv news too but if you’re going to cover that, don’t forget to cover big important gaming news too, gaming sites) But you cant expect anything these days from these sites.

But good thing JohannCK is writing about it in a big way and getting it all on record. Fantastic job! Certainly there have been many bad Kickstarter campaigns and all, but this one really has turned sour in a huge way, even with the fact the game is really good I hear.

JohannCK

Just want to note that despite them saying shipping would begin on Friday, Friday in both Japan and the US has come and gone yet there’s been not a single report of a backer having their game shipped.

ranmafan

Just want to note that despite them saying shipping would begin on Friday, Friday in both Japan and the US has come and gone yet there’s been not a single report of a backer having their game shipped.

Yeah still just have the drop shipment in progress update on my page. Nothing else yet.

JohannCK

I'm not on the Discord and haven't verified this yet, but someone in the comments of the article I wrote has been posting updates on the bad moderation for Japanese users?

Assas November 3, 2019 at 2:02 am
The Bloodstained Japanese discord channel is being moderated by people who don’t understand Japanese and attack backers when they misunderstand what’s being discussed because they don’t understand Japanese. What the hell?

Assas November 3, 2019 at 10:32 am
I posted about the discord problem on reddit and the same guy who was being s lunatic on discord started accusing me of starting other threads discussing problems with the kickstarter.
The threads themselves seemed legit so i’m not sure what he’s trying to prove, but some of them don’t even have anything to do with the Japan release, predating the announcing of the delay, and are clearly by western backers.
The guy’s a sociopath trying to start a witch hunt so he can pin all his problems on one person now

This is the sort of people running the official bloodstained discord

I did manage to find the Reddit thread through the profile page of the miniboss, but it seems to have been deleted, unsurprisingly.

And yes, Monday has come and gone without them shipping the game or distributing the review codes. It's pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

ranmafan

Speaking of the Japanese discord, I’ve been only reading it but someone there sent me a message about the bans and all. Kinda weird.

I didn’t expect the game yesterday since it was a holiday technically, but yeah we are almost at the two week point now. I’m no longer convinced fangamer has even recieved the games cause what they have told me and what 505 has said on discord and in the update have been at odds with each other.

I’m at the point where I actually am starting to believe I’ll get shenmue 3 before bloodstained. That’s just insane

JohannCK

I was never convinced that they'd actually ship the physical copies anytime soon, but I'm kind of surprised that they lied about the digital code distribution too.

ranmafan

I was never convinced that they'd actually ship the physical copies anytime soon, but I'm kind of surprised that they lied about the digital code distribution too.

Like I know Sony can be a pain getting keys for I hear, but yeah I can’t believe it’s this bad. Also 505 says games have arrived and are shipping, fangamer tells me that can’t tell me anything about shipping, and the backer surveys have this drip shipment update that makes no sense.

I know some on the discord are trying to contact artplay directly but not sure how that’s gone. I also love how this was all timed at the same time as the switch patch coming out. Like they pushed out good news to bury the bad

JohannCK

I also love how this was all timed at the same time as the switch patch coming out. Like they pushed out good news to bury the bad
That’s what they’ve aways been doing, the June delay was hidden at the bottom of another post with a totally unrelated title too.

Top Bottom