• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon is on sale ($9.99 Digital)

Gonna pass, I haven't even downloaded my free copy of Lost Oddysey yet. Blue Dragon will probably be on GWG by the time I would get around to it.

Caayn

Thanks for the heads-up. I already own a physical copy, but I can't resist a digital copy for €10,-.

wp_ss_20170221_00038tkgo.png

I think it runs like dogshit though, so there's that.

Blue Dragon runs fantastic actually. In fact, the most performance troubled part of the game is the opening wasteland bits, which, incidentally, is the most visually unappealing part of the entire game. All the most visually impressive areas or locations of the game, funny enough, run fantastic, even on Xbox 360. Performance is also better on xbox one compared to the 360.

The other performance sensitive areas are when Kluke's phoenix shadow preps for its attacks in certain areas. For the most part, performance is a much bigger issue in the opening segments of the game. Not saying it doesn't rear its head in other places, but not quite as bad as it is in the opening wasteland part of the game, which is basically just an early kind of world map tutorial for the game.

If I remember, the game starts off a bit slow, but I ultimately liked it. I also remember thinking that I should've gotten way more achievements for the time I spent with it.

Top Bottom