• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Planet II: The Prequel Trailer (sequel to BBC docu Planet Earth)

Razorback

Sometimes I get this feeling that if our minds accurately assessed the situation we are in, we wouldn't be able to function properly due to the constant state of awe.

The planet we live in, the kind of creature we are and all the others that surround us... yeah, it's too much to process.

N.A

Banned
Beautiful. I just bought my first 4K blu-ray and it was Planet Earth II. This will likely be my second.

And Bloom is just a masterpiece.

Hinchy

It's not a sequel to Planet Earth. That would be Planet Earth II.
This is Blue Planet II. The sequel to Blue Planet.

Blue Planet was sort of an oceans-only proto-Planet Earth, though. BBC/David Attenborough joints, them all.

Both Planet Earths were excellent so I'm excited to see where this goes.

Jigolo

Is this due this year (around holidays perhaps) or 2018?

Year end like Planet Earth II last year I think

It's not a sequel to Planet Earth. That would be Planet Earth II.
This is Blue Planet II. The sequel to Blue Planet.

Blue Planet was a predecessor to Planet Earth, though. BBC/David Attenborough joints. But Blue Planet is just about oceans.

Both Planet Earths were excellent so I'm excited to see where this goes.

whoops didn't catch that lol

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
This has me more hyped than any movie trailer I’ve seen this year.

Also, a little morbid, but it made me realise that David Attenborough is gonna be the first celebrity death that really fucks me up. His voice has been a constant presence in my life.

N.A

Banned
I think so. Judging by what's said in the trailer Don't know what they are thinking with the title of the show

"The prequel" is the title of just this video. The Radiohead recording was made just for this so they aren't just calling it a simple trailer. It's a prequel to the full series.

Timbuktu

Year end like Planet Earth II last year I think

whoops didn't catch that lol

Cool. These series are always bittersweet for me. They show us so many awesome things in the natural work, but at the same time it's a really horrible feeling knowing that we are fucking it all up.

Edit: Planet Earth II built up singapore's Garden by the bay so much for me that I ended disappointed that the real thing is really just a massive tourist trap.

someone told me that when these programs are broadcast in the USA they replace david attenborough for the VO work. Someone tell me this isn't true.

Looks stunning. Hans Zimmer and Radiohead colab for the intro music, brilliant

Tizoc

You know for all our aweing at the footage the team has collected and presented to us, Attenburough manages to narrate it in the most calm and soothing voice ever.

Plum

I'm so damn hyped for this but, man, I just know it's gonna make me feel like shit with the inevitable "here's how fucked we've made parts of our oceans" section/s. Still can't wait, though, the BBC and Attenborough are a dream team for nature documentaries.

Shoeless

Really excited about this. I have a pretty sizable David Attenborough collection, and I've always been a little disappointed they never bothered to go back to the first Blue Planet series and do a decent remaster of it for Blu-Ray. This takes a lot of the sting away.

Especially looking forward to the inevitable Abyssal/Deep Ocean episode, that one's always a crowd pleaser.

I'm such an Attenborough fanboy. I have every documentary ever released on DVD/Blu-Ray that he's involved with. Can easily watch them all again.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I just got a 4K TV and have been melting my face with Planet Earth 2 the last few days.

Pumped for more.

Tizoc

EDIT: Bleh banned link, but there is another 1 min preview video online that shows Some footage not in the trailer. The 29th can't get here soon enough ToT

Top Bottom