• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluehole in talks with Sony about bringing PUBG to PS4 after XB1 launch

MayauMiao

I think the thing to remember is that when you get the V1.0 version on Playstation when/if it’ll likely be $59.99 - us preview playerbase on Xbox paid a LOT less for the same or a better version when that time comes. That’s the preview model.

At $60 the game is dead on arrival. Playstation owners already have to put up with PUBG timed exclusive on Xbox, and asking them to pay $60 is just going to get PS4 fans to give PUBG the middle finger.

VertigoOA

Banned
60$!? Yea right. Game is bound to be f2p sooner than you think. Fortnite is gaining ground at a crazy rate; it’s all I see people playing and talking about. Pubg is sorta becoming yesterday’s news, like it or not.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Yesterday’s news 😂 come on

People can’t wait to play this on PS4 and if it was in its current state majority of people would be happy.

I’m sure PlayerUnknown said their not going to raise the price even when it comes out of preview already made their money, 32m sold the other 3m is people gaming sharing on Xbox 🤔🤫

HoodWinked

i cant be the only one that thought of bluepoint instead of bluehole when initially reading the title. i was thinking yah bluepoint would be the best company to port such a poorly optimized game and realized wait this says bluehole not bluepoint.

thelastword

Banned
i cant be the only one that thought of bluepoint instead of bluehole when initially reading the title. i was thinking yah bluepoint would be the best company to port such a poorly optimized game and realized wait this says bluehole not bluepoint.
Yeah, bluehole is no bluepoint.......Not even close....

Too little too late. Fortnite has already ate that lunch.
I don't see how any game in the genre is going to overtake fortnite at this point....Fortnite's fluid performance, the speed at which new content et al are being delivered just can't be matched and fortnite is getting free advertising at every turn, not withstanding, it caters to a much wider demographic...I think more parents would allow their kids to play fortnite than PUBG tbh...So Epic just hit all cylinders possible with FN. Drake alone gave fortnite another adrenalin burst shot and that Ninja streamer is now getting interviews all over MSNBC et al....In essence free marketing....That game has just hit the mainstream like no other....

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I think the thing to remember is that when you get the V1.0 version on Playstation when/if it’ll likely be $59.99 - us preview playerbase on Xbox paid a LOT less for the same or a better version when that time comes. That’s the preview model.

No, it's a $30 game, preview has nothing to do with the price.

prag16

Banned
Nobody necessarily needs to overtake Fortnight (assuming its success isn't a flash in the pan). There's room for more than one player in this space, so a PS4 launch still could make sense. Now, what'll be interesting is to see who else will enter this subgenre with their own spin on it. Rockstar? CoD? CDPR? Etc?

Top Bottom