• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Could Be Working On A Metal Gear Solid Remake

Bluepoint be like

giphy.gif

NXGamer AND MLID did a joint hint/joke on MLID's podcast that basically confirms MGS remake is in the works. I think it's the video behind his latest one under timestamp 'where are those secret PS5 exclusives'. Whether that means BP are doing it I'm not as certain but seems likely given all the other hints from the devs.

Last edited:
Can't see Konami commissioning a video game

I don't see why not, I would imagine if it's BluePoint, Sony would fund it and Konami would still get a cut of the sales.

I don't believe these rumours - but some might find it interesting that both RedGTech and Moore's Law is Dead confirmed it's a thing - but those 2 are usually better with GPU rumours (and could have used each other as sources).

I would personally prefer MGS3 because it's longer and has wider gameplay mechanics.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
That... Doesn't interest me one bit. I'd rather see them create something new. There's been enough metal gear over the years for me to need any remakes.

Yoboman

I don't see why not, I would imagine if it's BluePoint, Sony would fund it and Konami would still get a cut of the sales.

I don't believe these rumours - but some might find it interesting that both RedGTech and Moore's Law is Dead confirmed it's a thing - but those 2 are usually better with GPU rumours (and could have used each other as sources).

I would personally prefer MGS3 because it's longer and has wider gameplay mechanics.
Bluepoint are able to work outside Sony

#Phonepunk#

Banned
how exactly is that sound in MGS? do they have a rip from Metal Gear Solid of the original sound? because Liquid Snake is a boss fight with cutscenes and shit and i listened to it trying to hear it and have no idea what they are talking about here.

JonkyDonk

RGT was adamant a few weeks ago that MGS remake was happening for sure; and now MLID and NXG are also saying the same thing, combined with these hints in DS, I think it's pretty much nailed on.

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I don't know that I would draw a conclusion from a sound in Demon's Souls but a MGS remaster would be big. Shame that 1-5 is not playable on a modern console.

If Konami is interested in licensing out their IP that could be pretty huge.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
What about all the rumors of silent hill remake? Was that supposed to be bluepoint or someone else? So many "credible" rumors floating around 🤔

Guilty_AI

Honestly, no.
The only Metal Gear that would benefit from a full remake is Peace Walker, since it could be basically a MGSV with better setting and story.

MrMephistoX

Even then nope

Konami are raking in money on pachinko. I'd scarcely even call them a gaming company anymore

This was their 2020 lineup

That’s the beauty of it though they don’t have to do any work it would be blue point developing and Sony paying them for the license: all they need to do is sign some papers and collect a portion of the profits. They don’t physically make pachinko machines right? Same concept just collect licensing fees like Disney now does instead of developing anything in house. EAs paying Disney not the other way around.

Mexen

Ironic, if this happened and if Demon's Souls is any indication, then Hayter would reprise his role. Except he might be too old to play Solid. A better fit would be Venom. LOL.

Top Bottom