• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games’ PS5 project “will become the achievement we’re most proud of”

Ar¢tos

I played Demon's this year and World Tendency, after being explained to me, kept my ass in line. It made the game harder, but only because it feels like it wants you to be better at it.
And it added opportunities for events. We didn't have any in the west because our servers were messed up, but in Japan they did stuff like all areas pure black on Halloween.

Vawn

Banned
If it's Demon's Souls, I just hope that they don't dumb down the char/world tendency for "accessibility".

Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games ever, but some of it needs "dumbing down", or at least being less cryptic.

It is very difficult to tell what world tendency you are in by trying to judge the shades of color in the menu. The symbols for the stats (strength, vitality, etc) do not indicate what they mean at all.

The game needs a lot of tweaks - climbing ladders faster than a sloth, limited health in pvp so battles don't drag on forever, more balance between different builds, etc.

Vawn

Banned
Yawn if its Demons Souls. I think most would rather they work on a Metal Gear Solid remake, Silent Hill remakes, Mass Effect Trilogy, etc

Nope. Shut your mouth.

5398db9f533a8699db042f00aefcc3a9-480-80.jpg

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Yawn if its Demons Souls. I think most would rather they work on a Metal Gear Solid remake, Silent Hill remakes, Mass Effect Trilogy, etc
We know it's a Sony game, so no.
Even if it wasn't, it would never be a Konami game, they don't care enough to pay Bluepoint prices for remasters, they would use something like High Voltage.

Three

None of that points to them making PS5 backwards compatibility nor would it make any sense if they were. They are a 3rd party games developer, not Sony software engineers.
They are not making the PS5 BC, they might however be making the assets or models required to make the 'remastered emulation' described in that patent work and for several games people thought were referenced in the tweets rather than just the one game.

FranXico

Was Bluepoint as big then as they are now? (fame, not studio size)
At the time Konami was into gaming... Soon after they turned their full attention to the wonders of Pachinko.
They already had built their good reputation by then, I think.
But I'll give you Konami, they were a (somewhat) different company then.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
None of that points to them making PS5 backwards compatibility nor would it make any sense if they were. They are a 3rd party games developer, not Sony software engineers.

It goes with what Bluepoint said in the interview though. He said they've been working on their "engine" for years for this.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm thinking Castlevania or Demon's Souls, so I agree with Fake Fake - however, I'm thinking back to this re-envisioning statement and maybe a VR version? Or maybe no archstones and the levels have been interconnected to align with Dark Souls? The only thing that makes me think maybe not, is that people like how those games like and would expect faithful 1:1 authenticity. Some might embrace change, but most would just want a port and upscale.

Getting off the DeS hype train though. I think they relate to two different projects. My working out is shown below:

So calm this spooky night. A symphony of rumors - not one, but two - return from shadow.

So they are working on two projects. Both returning from hiatus or the past.

A resistance to dart home as black monsters escape twisted hills to wander lands and syphon souls. Filter your candy collections, soft from solid, and be eco-friendly. Have a metal Halloween.

Just banter/tease to throw people off the scent/keep them guessing.

To classics we play
Our blood, sweat, tears give thanks!
To family & fans, eager you stay
Cheers rekindle flames - thanks!

I think this is basking in the success of SOTC. Their blood, sweat and tears that went into the 'classic' and give thanks to the reception. Then makes a nod to those sticking round to see what the next project is.

Today feast, tomorrow rest
Soon the beast freed from jest
Temptation we shun

Today feast is a metaphor for working hard on the current project, soon the beast will be freed from jest (of the announcement will be made in lieu of arsing about on twitter). They're shunning the temptation of revealing it.

Then onto the next
We reset to further adorn the genesis
An era reborn

Then onto the next project - self explanatory. Probably a reference to switching concerted focus. They're restetting to make the original/starting point more beautiful or attractive. Which can be the metaphor for re-envisioning. It also has double meaning, as the starting point for Souls was Demon's Souls so that has a double meaning. An era reborn is obviously an homage to the PS5 being the new era which will be reborn with the reboot of the title.

But saying that, I know I'm chatting shite.

Last edited:

Gusy

Playstation meeting, mid-february: Cerny unleashes a 12tf RDNA monster and after the hardware reveal, says: Everything you are about to see is running in realtime on finalized hardware.

Lights go out.. Sony Entertainment Europe Presents.. (The new Psygnosis logo is revealed).. in collaboration with.. Bluepoint Games... A blade runner-esque city at night is revealed, thousands of neon-lit buildings can be seen with hundreds of flying vehicles everywhere.. rain is pouring, every single drop is rendered individually, all running at a completely locked 60fps.

The draw distance is jaw-dropping , every single light source ray traced.. you can see ground vehicles and npcs from a thousand feet in the air. The camera drops to ground level, ray traced puddles everywhere. Almost photorealistic. The camera zooms in inside a japan-town alleyway. You see an uniformed man eating ramen on the street corner, under the rain..every noodle also rendered individually . You can see a small blue shaded G letter on the side of the helmet. A distress call projects on the helmet glass, you can see the water droplets dripping down realistically.. “ We have a situation in alpha cuadrant”.. “ Copy, I,m on my way”..... fade to black.

“ Nov 27 2020”

“ PSVR compatible” ...

:)

Fake

cormack12 cormack12 The quotes from the tweet you mention are important, but keep in mind the first tweet has a gif about a castle and bats flying too.

2304959_3.jpg

But I agree with you about the VR. It's a possibility as well.

Last edited:

FranXico

Playstation meeting, mid-february: Cerny unleashes a 12tf RDNA monster and after the hardware reveal, says: Everything you are about to see is running in realtime on finalized hardware.

Lights go out.. Sony Entertainment Europe Presents.. (The new Psygnosis logo is revealed).. in collaboration with.. Bluepoint Games... A blade runner-esque city at night is revealed, thousands of neon-lit buildings can be seen with hundreds of flying vehicles everywhere.. rain is pouring, every single drop is rendered individually, all running at a completely locked 60fps.

The draw distance is jaw-dropping , every single light source ray traced.. you can see ground vehicles and npcs from a thousand feet in the air. The camera drops to ground level, ray traced puddles everywhere. Almost photorealistic. The camera zooms in inside a japan-town alleyway. You see an uniformed man eating ramen on the street corner, under the rain..every noodle also rendered individually . You can see a small blue shaded G letter on the side of the helmet. A distress call projects on the helmet glass, you can see the water droplets dripping down realistically.. “ We have a situation in alpha cuadrant”.. “ Copy, I,m on my way”..... fade to black.

“ Nov 27 2020”

“ PSVR compatible” ...

Dude, your fanfiction is more entertaining than anything they could possibly announce.

Ar¢tos

“ Nov 27 2020”

“ PSVR compatible” ...

Sony should bring Psygnosis back. (and Psygnosis IPs)

i might be the only one in this thread who will be very disappointed if it's Demon Souls 😑
Nope I am too. It's an audience that has been satiated with plenty of releases and a remake of an already existing and decent looking game is very disappointing. I was really hoping for some love to games long forgotten like the Legend of Dragoon. Something that needs the love of a face lift and can serve a hungry audience craving nostalgia. Souls fans are rapid but they are far from starving.

Digity

Nope I am too. It's an audience that has been satiated with plenty of releases and a remake of an already existing and decent looking game is very disappointing. I was really hoping for some love to games long forgotten like the Legend of Dragoon. Something that needs the love of a face lift and can serve a hungry audience craving nostalgia. Souls fans are rapid but they are far from starving.
Just to add to that, they said this is going to be a reinvisioning. I fail to see how Demon Souls would fit that, it’s a game made in the HD era, what could possibly be done to reinvision that? To me if you’re gonna reinvision something that implies a huge overhaul. A recent example would be RE2, basically a complete redesign of the game.

I’m with you on Legend Of Dragoon, fuck that would be amazing.

Ar¢tos

Being the remastering developer must feel really good.
It's what they want to do and it's something that they are good at, and there is always demand for. If they wanted to make their own games, I'm sure Sony (or some other publisher) would give them full support and funding.

FranXico

Isn't that the monthly subscription fee that let's you play a bunch of mediocre games for a lower price than buying the games you actually want to play? Nah, I'm good. I make good money. Thanks for the suggestion though!
But you will also get to play all those great AAA (sorry, AAAA) games there day one! Every big budget game you can think of, you will be playing it for cheap! It's great for a sustainable gaming industry too!

You're welcome! Just trying to look out for my fellow gamer!

Nickolaidas

Sony should bring Psygnosis back. (and Psygnosis IPs)
Well, we *did* get Shadow of the Beast, which was my favorite Amiga game when I was 11 years old. Lost the spot to Turrican, but I always loved it. The remake was solid, but not as a profound experience as the old game.

Still, I enjoyed it a LOT.

Nickolaidas

Isn't that the monthly subscription fee that let's you play a bunch of mediocre games for a lower price than buying the games you actually want to play?

If by 'bunch of mediocre games' you mean Halo, Gears, Devil May Cry, Outer Worlds, Fallout, Kingdom Come, Killer Instinct, Void Bastards, Stellaris and about a dozen solid A games, then yeah, Game Pass is shite.

Vawn

Banned
But you will also get to play all those great AAA (sorry, AAAA) games there day one! Every big budget game you can think of, you will be playing it for cheap! It's great for a sustainable gaming industry too!

You're welcome! Just trying to look out for my fellow gamer!

All the best big budget games? So the big ones like Last of Us Part 2, God of War, Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Death Stranding, Spider-Man, etc??? Sign me up!

thelastword

Banned
Give us Resistance Trilogy Remake...…...That series is too good......

Also, could it be a Killzone Trilogy Remake with KZ1, KZ2, KZ3 and Shadowfall Remastered on PS5? You would get visuals much better than that KZ2 spec video, and yes, that would be insane......Either trilogy would do, but I want both to happen tbh...

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They’ve gotten us to the point where we are bashing our heads against the wall. Why not save the cryptic stuff and talks about their tech until after they reveal their project? It doesn’t exactly give fans an advantage if they’re voting for the wrong game.

Top Bottom