• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games is working on another Remake

I hope its Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.. wishful thinking =)

Yes. I like the way you think. An Xbox Splinter Cell remaster would be superlative. I don't think Phil or the Xbox team are that in tune with the hardcore gaming market though (even though they are doing a really high quality job at the moment with the Xbox BC program etc).

Last edited:

Doom85

I'd be happy with ports at the very least arent worse than the originals. I haven't actually played 4 or Homecoming either so they would be like new games.

Disclaimer; I expected the second movie to be terrible but I actually enjoyed it a lot and how much it linked in with the first one!

Yeah, unaltered ports would be acceptable. I don't ever care at this point if they're HD, it's just the original trilogy (4, Shattered Memories, and Origins are decent but I can live without them) should still be officially accessible to those who want to replay them and to people who are interested in playing the series for the first time.

It's cool if you like Revelations, I just think it's one of, if not the, worst adaptations of all time (not worst movie per say. I may hate it the most, but I recognize there are worst films). Like even six years later just thinking about the film gets me internally mad and/or sad. Heather was simplified as a character (and the director even admitted to this, saying her snarky side was "unrealistic", UGH), Douglas was wasted as a character, Vincent didn't even resemble the game's Vincent in any way, Harry being kidnapped doesn't make any sense given Claudia's intentions for Heather, Pyramid Head had the same problem as Vincent, and it wasn't scary at all due to poor direction, editing, costumes, and set design (the one part that might have been scary, the mannequin room scene, started off decent but then that badly done CGI monster showed up and ruined it all). For the record, I do like the first movie. Yeah a good deal was altered from the first game and any scenes with a ton of cult members didn't feel SH at all (the video games made a point in having only 2-3 characters per scene, keep the dread up which would be ruined by too many people present), but the set design and most of the monster design was good, the use of the games' music was great, and it just felt like Silent Hill. Shame they didn't let the first movie's director return for the second one, maybe a better movie would have been made.

Pejo

Since the servers are toast now, I'd love it if it were Demon's Souls. They do a great job of nailing the source material so I have faith that they could keep the atmosphere of DeS while giving it a facelift.

Ar¢tos

My concern with a Demon's Souls remake (as much as i would absolutely love one) is that is might be dumbed down to please a wider crowd. The game had no real tutorial and no in-game explanation for the character and world tendency. That's enough for most modern-no-patience gamers to rage quit in the first 10min and fill the internet with negative comments (like it still happens with soulsborne games).

MDSLKTR

My concern with a Demon's Souls remake (as much as i would absolutely love one) is that is might be dumbed down to please a wider crowd. The game had no real tutorial and no in-game explanation for the character and world tendency. That's enough for most modern-no-patience gamers to rage quit in the first 10min and fill the internet with negative comments (like it still happens with soulsborne games).
I finished DS three times and still have no clue about the world tendency shit. If they scrap it all together it won't be a loss for me

Ar¢tos

I finished DS three times and still have no clue about the world tendency shit. If they scrap it all together it won't be a loss for me
Did you research it? It makes so much sense in that world. Pure white/black would open new paths in some areas leading to optional stuff that would fill in blanks in the lore and give you access to better gear.

I never really had any trouble with the world and character tendency. More so, last time I checked, it wasn't necessary to have a certain tendency to finish the game, so it'd be weird to do something about it. I've yet to even experience all the events on black and white world tendency and that's okay in my opinion. That mysterious aspect of it is good.

I doubt they'd go the route of dumbing down though, considering the Dark Souls franchise's success. All they need to do is finishing the sixth archstone if remaking it.

MADGAME

Watch it end up being Sports Champions from PS3 with move support 😂

Actually, I liked the frisbee golf in that game.

Ar¢tos

If it is a Sony game, which is likely since they seem to work well with Sony, what game bigger than SotC is left to remake? I doubt they are the ones handling Medievil, unless it's 1 and 2

Masagiwa

A lot of people wanting Demon's Souls around the internet. That game was a nightmare on the publishing side right? Something like Sony published it in Japan, Atlus in NA and Bandai Namco in Europe (I might be completely wrong). I really don't the details of publishing rights but it would be interesting to know if all these companies have to come to an agreement if a remake/remaster were to happen or if Sony can just do it cause they own the IP.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

A lot of people wanting Demon's Souls around the internet. That game was a nightmare on the publishing side right? Something like Sony published it in Japan, Atlus in NA and Bandai Namco in Europe (I might be completely wrong). I really don't know how these things work but it would be interesting to know if all these companies have to come to an agreement if a remake/remaster were to happen or if Sony can just do it cause they own the rights.
Sony owns the rights and can do it whenever they want. They have said in the past that there was nothing in the way of doing a remaster/remake/sequel, but they didn't want to touch it without From Software being involved.

Masagiwa

Sony owns the rights and can do it whenever they want. They have said in the past that there was nothing in the way of doing a remaster/remake/sequel, but they didn't want to touch it without From Software being involved.

Great thanks for clearing that up.

VulcanRaven

Could it be MediEvil? Would be awesome if Bluepoint Games was working on that. That games deserves a good remake. MGS HD Collection for PS4, Xbox One and PC would also be great. Imagine that in 4K on PS4 Pro and X. It was only 720p on last-gen.

Last edited:

bosnianpie

Biggest problem in porting Shenmue probably isn't the technical part, but rather all the licensed stuff and companies that appear in the games. A total nightmare in terms of authorizations.

I see, that's definitely a problem. But somehow I believe that there might be enough interest to fully revive the series before the third entry. The original game was released almost 20 years ago on a console that many people didn't own, those consumers can't be convinced by nostalgia alone. It's just my gut feeling though.

nowhat

While a Shenmue remake could be desirable (maybe? I don't have an opinion either way, haven't played it), I think there's a very obvious reason why that won't be the game Bluepoint is working on: have you seen the clips released from Shenmue 3 so far? There's no way Bluepoint would make the game look that bad, and I'm guessing the Shenmue team doesn't want to be eclipsed by a remake.

BANGS

Banned
While a Shenmue remake could be desirable (maybe? I don't have an opinion either way, haven't played it), I think there's a very obvious reason why that won't be the game Bluepoint is working on: have you seen the clips released from Shenmue 3 so far? There's no way Bluepoint would make the game look that bad, and I'm guessing the Shenmue team doesn't want to be eclipsed by a remake.
username checks out...

TLZ

Banned
Oh yes, this is the only thing I'll accept if it isn't DeS.
Just imagine Onimusha with remade graphics like Colossus and modern controls (no tank controls).

giphy.gif

Top Bottom