• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games teases it's next title as a "re-envisioning" of an older game

Shin

Banned
Bluepoint Games is well-known for it’s Shadow of the Colossus remaster that released back in 2018 to remind us of one of the greatest masterpieces of 6th generation in action-adventure genre with an engaging story and enjoyable hardcore gameplay.
The studio has always received big exclusive titles to remaster or remake for Sony’s latest consoles and their upcoming project won’t be an exception, as the studio calls it a “re-envisioning” instead of remastering or remaking.

According to Bluepoint Games, depends on how much effort that it takes to prepare older games for an smooth run on current-gen hardware, they call their projects a Remake or Remaster, and for Shadow of the Colossus it was a Remake rather than Remaster.
Technical Director at the Studio Peter Dalton says:

For Shadow of the Colossus we don’t call it a remaster, we coin it a remake due to the complexity of the project. And moving forward to our next project, we call it a re-envisioning given that it goes well beyond what we thought was possible on Shadow of the Colossus.

While Bluepoint Games hasn’t mention to any titles yet, some rumors suggest From Software’s Demon’s Souls as the studio’s upcoming project, which got released for PS3 and never remastered or remade for any other platform, as Miyazaki, director of the game, said he has no intention on remastering it but he also has no problem if another studio wants to make the game available for current-gen consoles. However, you can take it with a grain of salt, since we even don’t know if Bluepoint’s next project will be related to PlayStation or not, though most of their works are PS exclusives.

Credit: GameInstincts

Shin

Banned
If it is a total re-envisioning greater than what they did with Shadow of the Colossus I don't see how it could be Demon's Souls, it's a PS3 game, it doesn't need a complete remake.
Wouldn't that be about the same albeit HD-ish (SotC PS2 --> PS4, DS PS3 > PS5).
A generation skip with bells and whistles can be just as fresh IMO.

wvnative

Wouldn't that be about the same albeit HD-ish (SotC PS2 --> PS4, DS PS3 > PS5).
A generation skip with bells and whistles can be just as fresh IMO.

Well I am assuming this is a PS4 title.

If it's PS5 then I suppose it might make sense.

Shin

Banned
Well I am assuming this is a PS4 title.

If it's PS5 then I suppose it might make sense.
It would be cross at best, without a install base (BC or not) it can't be solely developed for PS5.
PS4 or Pro +- can push out graphics that's big enough for some and they can patch it for next-gen.
There are so many requests for remakes/remasters etc etc that I'm surprised BP isn't bought up yet and expanded.

wvnative

It would be cross at best, without a install base (BC or not) it can't be solely developed for PS5.
PS4 or Pro +- can push out graphics that's big enough for some and they can patch it for next-gen.
There are so many requests for remakes/remasters etc etc that I'm surprised BP isn't bought up yet and expanded.

I also wish they would greatly expand, imo they are the only studio capable of proper remasters.

Shin

Banned
From BluePoint Games career page:
Senior Vista-Background Environment Artist
Bluepoint Games is looking for a AAA quality SENIOR VISTA/BACKGROUND ENVIRONMENT ARTIST to join our team on a full-time basis. Create high-quality background world assets for our latest AAA title, for current generation home consoles and beyond.

A little searching and I came across this article from Push Square a while back:
And now eagle-eyed posters at ResetEra have uncovered the resume of a character artist called Justin Dewey, who’s working on “character, armour, and weapon assets” for an unannounced project. What does this tell us? Frankly, nothing at all – plenty of games have armour, don’t they? Demon’s Souls, though, is particularly famous for its suits of armour and… Well, we’ll leave you to make the connections. The rumour mill churns on.

Don't know if all connects but seeing as Miyazaki doesn't want to revisit Demon's Souls it would make sense that BluePoint does a re-whatever.
The dots are connecting somehow just not as visible as we'd like, interesting development all-around though especially the developing platform(s).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I believe that it's not Demon's Souls but a "remake" of the original Assassin's Creed to fit the style of Origins/Odyssey.

Isa

Gold Member
RE3 is Capcom property

Demon Souls is not that old

Legend of Dragoon cmon lets do it

Didnt finished the game on PS1 when i was a kid because my PS1 fkd up

As much as I'd love a Demon's Souls remake I'd also be very interested and hyped to see a remake for the Legend of Dragoon. So many memories of playing it until my sister became obsessed with it. Very good game.

Airbus Jr

Banned
As much as I'd love a Demon's Souls remake I'd also be very interested and hyped to see a remake for the Legend of Dragoon. So many memories of playing it until my sister became obsessed with it. Very good game.

Do Bluepoint Games have Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat or any kind of social media account ?

gona spam tons of LoD post to show high demand for them to see it

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Gold Member
Do Bluepoint Games have Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat or any kind of social media account ?

gona spam tons of LoD post to show high demand for them to see it

Haha nice. Unfortunately I'm not on social media but I'd assume they do. Good luck and god speed! I shall dream of seeing Rose in all her HD glory.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Haha nice. Unfortunately I'm not on social media but I'd assume they do. Good luck and god speed! I shall dream of seeing Rose in all her HD glory.

Indeed

Make no mistake man...

Demon Souls remake or ...remaster...or whatever you want to call it... will be great..id love to see it...but i dont think the game will be much different than on PS3 version...

I can still play the original game anytime i want, still got my PS3 somewhere lying around....

Meanwhile Legend of Dragoon remake on PS4 will be amazing....dare i say sensational...imagine the huge graphical leap from PS1 to PS4....now that is something thats really is jawdropping......

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Yes, I know about it since 1995 when the first one was in development.

Anyway, it is 100% sure they are developing a game exclusively for Sony platform? If not, they can be the ones behind rumored RE3 Remake?

I heard rumours from other users that Capcom is already working for RE3R by now

MediEvil is made by Canadian Studios Other Ocean Interactive

CTR by Activision

FF7 by Square Enix

PS3 game like Resistance, Demon Souls or MGS4 graphics are still holding up pretty well up to these days, i dont think any remake of those game are at the highest priority for now..they should save it for nextgen....

Most of their game are ps exclusive but i wont ruled out multiplatform games to be remake/remaster

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
I think there's a high chance that the aforementioned game is from Sony's stable looking at BP's overall output.
Most of them are Sony IP's, like 90%+, you can get a glimpse of the past releases on their website.

Stretching here...but it is something that RuthenicCookie and someone else mentioned in the past about PS5 release window.
Assuming that BP job listing isn't wrong and they are developing it for next-gen also then it could be a launch game.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Unless they are co-developing it with From Software i don't think it's Demon's Souls. I don't think they would dare to make any gameplay changes to it on their own.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You can’t rule out the possibility of a Socom remaster and btw Sony really does need a shooter, after this upcoming year.

Shin

Banned
You can’t rule out the possibility of a Socom remaster and btw Sony really does need a shooter, after this upcoming year.
They made Titanfall for X360/One, whatever that means (I thought Respawn made it?) and was a hit AFAIK so there's that.
I don't see any Nintendo games being remade by them so I guess that rules the red team out and it should be between Xbox/PlayStation.

Iced Arcade

They made Titanfall for X360/One, whatever that means (I thought Respawn made it?) and was a hit AFAIK so there's that.
I don't see any Nintendo games being remade by them so I guess that rules the red team out and it should be between Xbox/PlayStation.
they made the 360 version (not the One version though)

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
Demon's Souls remake with a new GaaS service providing a Battle Royale mode.

Yeah, that's my bet, you should up this post don't matter if I was wrong or not

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
tenor.gif

To honest I completely forgot about this.

Traxtech

For the love of god, please be Metal Gear 1. Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Haven and taking out Venom Snake and his team on current gen platforms with all the bells and whistles that entails is one of my dream games.

I definitely wouldn't mind a reimagined Demon Souls though.

please please pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase be one of these two!

Top Bottom