• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games teases it's next title as a "re-envisioning" of an older game

wvnative

Neither did dark souls 1 but it got one and I played the shit out of it, a lot of other people did also.

And if they did demons souls I'd buy that shit day 1. That's one of my biggest remasters on my wishlist. I wish they would release kings field also.

I don't actually play the Souls games. I thought Dark Souls 1 was just a simple remaster? Was I wrong?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Why Ubi would pay to other company for remaster/remake they can make it?
Because they've never done an actual remake, only remasters. Bluepoint Games would be perfect to remake the original AC in Origins/Odyssey form while Ubisoft's two AC teams can continue working on AC 2020 (cross gen) and AC 2021 (next gen only) without any interruptions or delays. Plus, the original AC is the ONLY game they haven't remastered/remade which is why I believe that Bluepoint could be working on it. Finally, it fits in with their re-envisioning and it being their biggest title.

A.Romero

Because they've never done an actual remake, only remasters. Bluepoint Games would be perfect to remake the original AC in Origins/Odyssey form while Ubisoft's two AC teams can continue working on AC 2020 (cross gen) and AC 2021 (next gen only) without any interruptions or delays. Plus, the original AC is the ONLY game they haven't remastered/remade which is why I believe that Bluepoint could be working on it. Finally, it fits in with their re-envisioning and it being their biggest title.

I think they'd do 2 or Brotherhood instead of 1.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I think they'd do 2 or Brotherhood instead of 1.

Those were both remastered though. Every AC game is available for PS4/Xbox One except for the original AC which is why I think it's the game Bluepoint is working on.

A.Romero

Those were both remastered though. Every AC game is available for PS4/Xbox One except for the original AC which is why I think it's the game Bluepoint is working on.

I know but it would only be worth it if they give it the remake treatment. Remastered AC1 wouldn't have enough content for today's standards, I believe.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I know but it would only be worth it if they give it the remake treatment. Remastered AC1 wouldn't have enough content for today's standards, I believe.

That's why I believe it would be remade in the Origins/Odyssey formula. The story and characters would remain the same but gameplay and combat would be completely redone.

Gargus

Banned
I don't actually play the Souls games. I thought Dark Souls 1 was just a simple remaster? Was I wrong?

Nah you're right, it was mostly just a remaster with just a few tweaks here and there. I was just illustrating that people such as myself want demons souls is all, I wasnt trying to imply ds1 was a re envisioning

Kupfer

After seeing this ( especially the last 40 seconds) I really want a Far Cry (2004) re-envisioned remaster. Or at least Crysis, but Crysis still holds up well enough.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Was the story of Assassins Creed 1 so remarkable we are dying for a re-telling?

I couldn't think of anything worse than MORE assassins creed than we already get (and it wouldn't align with the current two year strategy that seems to be working well).

Jason has already said it's a Demon Souls remake. He's rarely wrong with leaks.

Digity

Was the story of Assassins Creed 1 so remarkable we are dying for a re-telling?

I couldn't think of anything worse than MORE assassins creed than we already get (and it wouldn't align with the current two year strategy that seems to be working well).

Jason has already said it's a Demon Souls remake. He's rarely wrong with leaks.
Absolute waste of time.

Roni

Gold Member
So it was that bad?

Apparently, yes. The gist of it, if anyone is interested, is this:

Kojima was very condescending to the guys working @ Konami's mobile gaming division. But Konami's Dragon Collection, a gatcha mobile game, made them buckets and buckets of money. It was around this time the bad blood Kojima developed with the mobile division started to come back to bite him.

Konami management saw the money a simple game like Dragon Collection was bringing in and then compared that to the money Kojima was burning through to make MGSV happen. They didn't like that, so they started making changes to the company's structure. In the end, the guy responsible for Dragon Collection got Kojima's job and Kojima was given 2 years to wrap up MGSV in whatever way he could.

To spite them, Kojima scrapped PT's original design and instead built PT as jab at Konami, going so far as to release PT, and secretly announce Silent Hills, without Konami's full approval, using his connections @ Sony. This is the version of PT we got in the end and that story also tells you the probable reason why Konami pulled the demo: it was an attack on Konami itself.

After PT happened, Konami got furious @ Kojima and started isolating him to ensure he wouldn't try to sabotage anything else, maybe even MGSV itself. That's when news started breaking of the alleged split in early 2015. In the end, Kojima finished MGSV and was fired.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI

Kojima was very condescending to the guys working @ Konami's mobile gaming division. But Konami's Dragon Collection, a gatcha mobile game, made them buckets and buckets of money. It was around this time the bad blood Kojima developed with the mobile division started to come back to bite him.

Konami management saw the money a simple game like Dragon Collection was bringing in and then compared that to the money Kojima was burning through to make MGSV happen. They didn't like that, so they started making changes to the company's structure. In the end, the guy responsible for Dragon Collection got Kojima's job and Kojima was given 2 years to wrap up MGSV in whatever way he could.

To spite them, Kojima scrapped PT's original design and instead built PT as jab at Konami, going so far as to release PT, and secretly announce Silent Hills, without Konami's full approval, using his connections @ Sony. This is the version of PT we got in the end and that story also tells you the probable reason why Konami pulled the demo: it was an attack on Konami itself.

After PT happened, Konami got furious @ Kojima and started isolating him to ensure he wouldn't try to sabotage anything else, maybe even MGSV itself. That's when news started breaking of the alleged split in early 2015. In the end, Kojima finished MGSV and was fired.
The releasing of PT’s trailer also damaged negotiations between Konami and Reedus’s people.

78aZGuV.png

Lg8zQ55.png

TOOp4PO.png

ozYNK80.png

From the book that the video uses as a source.

joe_zazen

, japanese corporate people are well known for their gossiping to english speaking writers and youtubbers. Esp ones working for companies with links to the yakuza like konami, lol.

Roni

Gold Member
Why would Reedus' people even care about Konami?

Because Silent Hills was actually a thing at one point and Norman Reedus was attached to be the protagonist. But the contract wasn't finalized. After Kojima released the PT demo and people figured out it was a teaser for Silent Hills, public interest sparked and Reedus' people saw the writing on the wall and wanted more money.

TUROK

I am not surprised at all at Kojima being a bit of a diva.

Weren't rumours about Demon souls pretty consistent? At the point I totally lose interest in this rumor and don't reading news anymore

Btw, at this point I hope in either MGS or Dino Crisis, or Syphon Filter maybe?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Sorry, that doesn't sound remotely convincing. I can buy that Kojima maybe went "off reservation" by releasing the P.T. without Konami having greenlit Silent Hills, but there was no way that it was an "attack" on Konami. Ultimately the intention was to make Silent Hills, with Del Toro, for Konami. Something that, given the success and notoriety of the demo, should have been a no-brainer, and equally a total non-starter without Konami's involvement.

Lets just face facts. Konami has/had no respect for its key creatives. Kojima gone. Iga gone. Team Silent scattered to the winds. etc. Management cares about profits and nothing else, hence Pachislots and mobile gets most of the focus. That mindset was never going to fly with Kojima, and they weren't going to give him any leeway to prove them wrong.

Roni

Gold Member
Konami has/had no respect for its key creatives. Kojima gone. Iga gone. Team Silent scattered to the winds. etc. Management cares about profits and nothing else, hence Pachislots and mobile gets most of the focus. That mindset was never going to fly with Kojima, and they weren't going to give him any leeway to prove them wrong.

Can't argue with that, in the end, Kojima going independent was the better outcome for everyone involved.

Top Bottom