• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games teases it's next title as a "re-envisioning" of an older game

Kupfer

No please, leave original GoW alone, a reboot would only ruin it
We already have a reboot, GoW 2018. It is a nice looking game, but not even close to GoW 1/2/CoO/GoS/3, when it comes to story, gameplay, bosses and overall fun while playing the game.
I really don't want the originals being re-envisioned. A proper collection with the whole saga on one console would be amazing though, and no, GoW 2018 is not a part of that.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

"We're working on a big one right now," says Marco Thrush, president of Bluepoint Games, which most recently worked on last year's PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus. "I'll let you figure out the rest."

That doesn't mean they're not exploring. "The SSD has me really excited," Thrush says. "You don't need to do gameplay hacks anymore to artificially slow players down—lock them behind doors, anything like that. Back in the cartridge days, games used to load instantly; we're kind of going back to what consoles used to be."

iorek21

A big one?

I can't really think of anything that's bigger than SotC that deserves a remake (I love Soulsborne, but I don't think Demon Souls is what they're making)...

Maybe it's the rumored GTA 3?

Either that or Ratchet and Clank trilogy

engstra

A big one?

I can't really think of anything that's bigger than SotC that deserves a remake (I love Soulsborne, but I don't think Demon Souls is what they're making)...

Maybe it's the rumored GTA 3?

Either that or Ratchet and Clank trilogy

From his comments it definitely sounds the game they're working on has an open world element to it or is an older game that was hampered by load times in entering and exiting rooms (Silent Hill?). I'm assuming that the game is a Playstation exclusive?

KOMANI

KOMANI
Why is that?

I'm expecting to be disappointed.
Because it’s a Sony IP, and they’re very proud of showcasing past games of their library like Medievil, Shadow, Crash, FF7. Even though there are exclusive Metal Gears to the Sony platform, I think the franchise feels less like a Sony title since subsistence came out on xbox first, mgsv being multi platform, nintendo having twin snakes & mgs3D.
Also they were looking for sword and shield 3D artists a few years back.

MGS4 on modern platform(s) would be a great service to humanity.
As much as I love MGS4, I think it's best that it stays as it is because 1) the game is purely made for fanservice and concluding an epic saga and 2) the game already plays well on the PS3 but envisioning it will be difficult without consulting Hideo Kojima which knew what the original vision was (it was a very ambitious game before reality kicked in about the potential and limitations of the PS3 hardware).

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
As much as I love MGS4, I think it's best that it stays as it is because 1) the game is purely made for fanservice and concluding an epic saga and 2) the game already plays well on the PS3 but envisioning it will be difficult without consulting Hideo Kojima which knew what the original vision was (it was a very ambitious game before reality kicked in about the potential and limitations of the PS3 hardware).
What if the "re envisioning" is just touching up the graphics and performance? That shouldn't affect the vision too much. I understand this goes against the spirit of what Blue Point is claiming, though. Re envisioning sounds ambitious, as if they are taking an old favorite and really bringing it into the modern era.

What if the "re envisioning" is just touching up the graphics and performance? That shouldn't affect the vision too much. I understand this goes against the spirit of what Blue Point is claiming, though. Re envisioning sounds ambitious, as if they are taking an old favorite and really bringing it into the modern era.
That's exactly what I was thinking too: re-envisioning really gives us an idea of what game it could be. In other words, which game would be better re-envisioned by a developer that never worked on the franchise before, but have great ideas to improve on? My money is on GTA3, MGS, or a game that would resonate heavily with PlayStation gamers. I just can't think of another title other than those two. It won't be Demon's Souls, that's for sure.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To me, that says ICO.

He basically used SOTC as a hint.

They also said it was a bigger undertaking (or to that effect) originally, and I don't see ICO bigger than SotC even though it feels like a hint.

Unless they meant due to being PS5 and pushing the graphical showcase up.

I'm going with Syphon Filter. They can remake it and then Bend Studios can work on a sequel.

Day's Gone was in the Syphon Filter universe as well, so... maybe.

Last edited:

Ellis

Terra Incognita

nywcsqi48kay.gif

Roufianos

A re-imagining of Demon's Souls by someone other than From? Wishful thinking, more likely it's an older game like MGS.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Jason Schreier already confirmed that Demon's Souls Remake is on the way and Bluepoint it's the only studio that I think it's capable of bringing it back.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hmmm...a big one...

Based on previous works, can we agree that it'll be a single player game? Shadow of the Colossus was a PS2 game correct? So let's assume it's PS2 era game. What's one of the biggest games in the PS2 era? I'm also going to guess the game is going to be based on a Sony owned studio as SotC was developed by SCE Japan originally.

So, games that come to mind that are single player PS2 games originally created by a Sony Studio.

Here are some guesses and logic behind why they will or won't be remastered by Bluepoint:
1. God of War - nope...it's been remastered already, by bluepoint no less.
2. Uncharted - also been remastered, by bluepoint
3. Twisted Metal - seems unlikely. Not epic enough.
4. Ratchet and Clank? Jak and Daxter? Insomniac was just bought by Sony...I would think Bluepoint began work on this new game prior to the acquisition...so probably not.

I'm stumped.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hmmm...a big one...

Based on previous works, can we agree that it'll be a single player game? Shadow of the Colossus was a PS2 game correct? So let's assume it's PS2 era game. What's one of the biggest games in the PS2 era? I'm also going to guess the game is going to be based on a Sony owned studio as SotC was developed by SCE Japan originally.

So, games that come to mind that are single player PS2 games originally created by a Sony Studio.

Here are some guesses and logic behind why they will or won't be remastered by Bluepoint:
1. God of War - nope...it's been remastered already, by bluepoint no less.
2. Uncharted - also been remastered, by bluepoint
3. Twisted Metal - seems unlikely. Not epic enough.
4. Ratchet and Clank? Jak and Daxter? Insomniac was just bought by Sony...I would think Bluepoint began work on this new game prior to the acquisition...so probably not.

I'm stumped.
What about the first two InFAMOUS games?

My vote is Demon's Souls. Also Bluepoint is probably a next Sony's target. Same crap happened few months ago.

Cerny talked about Spider-man loading for PS5-----Insomniac was bought
Now Bluepoint developing a PS5 exclusive-----possible acquisition?

EDIT :

just saw on other forum that Jason Schreier voted for Demon's Souls. Hm.....

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but I would want them to bring back

Twisted Metal 2

I preferred this than Black and PS4, more colorful. Liked the World Tour theme.

They can also add guest characters like a fighter to bring wider appeal.
Nathan Drake in a Jeep
Helghast in a Helghan Tank
Aloy on a Broadhead
Ratchet in Microns Ship

Jigsaah

Gold Member
What about the first two InFAMOUS games?
I feel like those don't really need a remaster. I'd have to go back and play them but I'd imagine they would be less work for Bluepoint. Shadow of the Colussus was a masterpiece remaster...I'd figure since they are saying it's a "big one" that it might be something more of a challenge.

Nightrunner

If it's a re-envisioning it's not Demons's Souls imho.
Maybe they significantly reworked Demon's Souls? New content, larger movesets for enemies/bosses, more features from the newer entries and so on. I wonder if fans of DeS will be happy if that is the case.

RedVIper

Banned
Maybe they significantly reworked Demon's Souls? New content, larger movesets for enemies/bosses, more features from the newer entries and so on. I wonder if fans of DeS will be happy if that is the case.

Not sure bluepoint is capable of adding content to Demon souls. They do some great work, but changing bosses movesets and creating new content would probably be a bit much.

Shakka43

Think I'm gonna go with a Silent Hill remake. Konami might want to get something out of the IP while it still holds some value. They filing a trademark for it recently gives me hopes for this.

Top Bottom