• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games teases it's next title as a "re-envisioning" of an older game

engstra

Demon's Souls is still today the best Should game made by From with innovative features not found in the late copies.

It is one of the most asked game from PS fanbase... so something is wrong with your claim.

Even if Demon Souls is a game I have a lot of love for and I believe will get a remaster at some point I just can't see it being BluePoint's next project especially if they're saying it's a big one. Souls games have a very hardcore/dedicated fanbase but I would still say they're quite niche without a broad appeal. Is it that asked for, or are they people asking for it just the most vocal?

The Shepard

I'd like it to be either killzone 2 , demons souls or metal gear solid. I'm more hyped to see what this mysterious game is than seeing what the ps5 looks like when they reveal it.

I don't know, I never played any Soulborne game, and in general I don't know much about them besides being dark fantasy hack and slash action games, but I am sure they are great, and fun, which is why they have so much fans.

Still, I heard, or rather read them being mentioned so many times in gaming related articles, and on forums, that I'm just sick of it.

There is also the fact that I just don't think anything Soulborne is so outdated that it needs remaster / remake - saw some Demon's Souls screenshots, and, IMO, they look decent.

They are good games, great like in Bloodborne 's example, but - all of this imo, of course - a bit overrated

And talking about DS like a big AAA game for ps5 launch make me...uh, I don' t know

Demon's Souls is still today the best Should game made by From with innovative features not found in the late copies.

It is one of the most asked game from PS fanbase... so something is wrong with your claim.

I understand, It was all imo of course, but I dunno, can't see it marketed as a very big game, they are talking about it like is the most awaited game ever or something like this
At this point, MGS ( although I'm strongly opposed to a remake, is not needed at all imho) would fit much better the description
But DS is too much of a niche game to be marketed as a big launch title

And there are literally dozens of games who have deserved a remaster o remake before taking Demon's souls

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I understand, It was all imo of course, but I dunno, can't see it marketed as a very big game, they are talking about it like is the most awaited game ever or something like this
At this point, MGS ( although I'm strongly opposed to a remake, is not needed at all imho) would fit much better the description
But DS is too much of a niche game to be marketed as a big launch title

And there are literally dozens of games who have deserved a remaster o remake before taking Demon's souls
MGS is not possible... it is a Konami game.
Bluepoint is working in a Sony's game.

Which game is more awaited than Demon's Souls in Sony's library? I can't think about any other.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I wouldn't be surprised if it was maybe something older than PS3, like a re-envisioning of a PS1 or PS2 title. It could even be Shadow of the Colossus again. I mean a complete re-envisioning on the game to make it more Zelda like would be pretty cool I think. with a complete world with more to do than just the colossi to kill. It also fits the something "BIG" teased.

I also wouldn't mind re-envisioning of some Sony JRGPS like Legend of Dragoon or Wild ARMs.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised if it was maybe something older than PS3, like a re-envisioning of a PS1 or PS2 title. It could even be Shadow of the Colossus again. I mean a complete re-envisioning on the game to make it more Zelda like would be pretty cool I think. with a complete world with more to do than just the colossi to kill.

I also wouldn't mind re-envisioning of some Sony JRGPS like Legend of Dragoon or Wild ARMs.

My guess is PS1 or PS2 era as well.

mortal

Gold Member
I would so fucking disappointed if they remade MGS, It would be such a waste imo. I don't need to see Shadow Moses for the 3rd time in super detailed visuals. I already know how the story goes, I'm familiar with every knock and cranny.
And if you've played Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, this would technically be the 4th time MGS is remade. Like move the fuck on already lol

Demon's Souls would be a much more interesting prospect, but even then I hope it's something more obscure or older that would really benefit from being remade.

I would so fucking disappointed if they remade MGS, It would be such a waste imo. I don't need to see Shadow Moses for the 3rd time in super detailed visuals. I already know how the story goes, I'm familiar with every knock and cranny.
And if you've played Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, this would technically be the 4th time MGS is remade. Like move the fuck on already lol

Demon's Souls would be a much more interesting prospect, but even then I hope it's something more obscure or older that would really benefit from being remade.
If you've played MGS2 then it would technically be the 5th by that logic lol Kojima was essentially subliminally trying to tell us that the series was just a trope of itself.

mortal

Gold Member
If you've played MGS2 then it would technically be the 5th by that logic lol Kojima was essentially subliminally trying to tell us that the series was just a trope of itself.
I wasn't being 100% serious there btw. Still many of the story beats and tropes featured in MGS on PS1 were established in MG2. MGS2 made meta commentary on this, that's not exactly the same.

I don't remember Syphon Filter being popular even on PS1.

They were very popular, at the point even today lots of people wish in a comeback
Damn, it's one of the few ps1 era icons who still has to be brought back :(

The only problem that series had to fight was its ( wrong) confrontation with MGS, people used to associate it with Kojima's game, doing the equation spy game = is like mgs

And the further series games were worst than expected

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The OG was never touched in that collection, but I agree.
I wouldn't mind a MGS 1 remake if it's better then that fan made one made in Dreams.

I really hope it's Demon's Souls only because I want the servers to come back.

Edit: Dreams, sorry not UE4

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Since people were complaining about Bluepoint (possibly) teasing in another thread that was shut down, there's also another factor at play.

Bluepoint Games doesn't work for itself. They work for other publishers (IE: Sony) so they don't really have the latency to announce anything or do any official marketing for their games. That's the publisher's purview. So if they wanna stay visible and not be completely hidden by their publisher's brand, super-vague (and possibly meaningless) teases that don't violate their NDA is pretty much all they can do.

I wouldn't read anything into this kind of teases/banter because they're purposely made not to be readable or not to have a clear meaning. If you could read into them, it'd be potentially a breach of contract.

Last edited:
Top Bottom