• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games teases whatever your heart desires most in their 2023 Holiday Card

NikuNashi

Inside the box is a contract that states all future From games will use Bluepoint engine and outsource all art production to Bluepoint.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
W32gyM8.jpg

begotten

Bloodborne remake makes a lot of sense. Sony is unwilling to patch or remaster it, people have clamored for it, games that arent very old have been getting remakes, and they have had success already remaking a souls game ...

I’d prefer a $40 BB remaster (like Sony would sell anything these days for $40 ..) and see them remake something else. BB deserves better than what it is now.

I feel like if Sony are in tune with their hardcore fans to remake SOTC and then have Demons Souls as the launch exclusive for PS5 - then there has to be something happening with Bloodborne. They can't be aware of the minor hardcore demand for those games and not Bloodborne.

nial

Gold Member
Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Twin Snakes happened faster and no one said it was too early. As long it's a better way to play a classic, who cares?
GIF by Jason Clarke

Seeing Bloodborne in an evolved iteration of their engine they used for Demon's Souls, with the lighting, textures, and atmospheric volumetric fog, etc., at 60FPS. Day ZERO!
Just think how much better it will look as a PS6 remake. :messenger_winking:
But anyway, I think a 4K/60fps port for PS5 is more than enough, Bloodborne still looks pretty good.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just think how much better it will look as a PS6 remake. :messenger_winking:
But anyway, I think a 4K/60fps port for PS5 is more than enough, Bloodborne still looks pretty good.
Eh, I agree, but knowing it can look even better with their engine overlay they use would be optimal. You will still have to update 4K textures, etc.. Mind as well make it look as boss as you can at the time. The game deserves that.

Something tells me that Konami wont liscence the Metal Gear Solid IP to Sony AT ALL for Bluepoint to make a remake, or they want an arm and a leg or a huge cut which isn’t worth it to Sony

Ar¢tos

Something tells me that Konami wont liscence the Metal Gear Solid IP to Sony AT ALL for Bluepoint to make a remake, or they want an arm and a leg or a huge cut which isn’t worth it to Sony
Sony can make a new Syphon Filter in MGS style and not have to pay Konami anything.

But, it's probably a new Jumping Flash! for PSVR2.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
There are rumors that they are making something new. But if they found their niche market in remakes/remasters, why force them to make their own IPs?
I only meant, if they wanted to. Some devs are told what to work on.

Last edited:
Twin Snakes happened faster and no one said it was too early. As long it's a better way to play a classic, who cares?

That's a great observation, Twin Snakes came out in early 2004 and the original game came out in late 98. I think the lack of outcry though was that it wasn't playable on N64, so the gamecube was new people getting access to the game.

The PS4 game is playable on PS5 and many of the same people who owned ps4 probably own ps5, so it doesn't have as much weight.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's a great observation, Twin Snakes came out in early 2004 and the original game came out in late 98. I think the lack of outcry though was that it wasn't playable on N64, so the gamecube was new people getting access to the game.

The PS4 game is playable on PS5 and many of the same people who owned ps4 probably own ps5, so it doesn't have as much weight.
And it's locked to 30fps with frame pacing issues.

No fan of the game would be mad with a Bloodborne remake. Not a single one.

Last edited:

I mean, they're doing Silent Hill 2 exclusive to PS5 (and PC).

What do you think the primary difference is here? That Sony would be the publisher? We don't even know if that is necessarily true.

Maybe Sony just wants it exclusive and would farm out bluepoint who has experience with the franchise and are quite talented.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is a remake required to increase the game to 60fps (the game was unlocked at release iirc).
It was always locked at 30. There is no unlocked from unpatched retail discs.

And yes, I would love a remake with 4K/60, HDR, DualSense features, etc.. Not just a framerate unlock which does not fix the frame pacing issue that plagued From Souls games last gen.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
i can't figure out which sony studio i'm less interested in: media molecule or bluepoint. 2 game developers that'd appear to no longer develop games. weird...
Bluepoint made one original game. Tell us how big fan you were of that game.

Ico isn't that hard to fuck up. Keep the vibe intact and improve on the controls/combat.
While it's one of my all time favorite games, it's super short.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Bluepoint made one original game. Tell us how big fan you were of that game.

While it's one of my all time favorite games, it's super short.

So? Perfect. Enhance the graphics while keeping its original intention. Music etc. Improve on combat and the AI and more responsive intuitive controls. I'm in.

Top Bottom