• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games teases whatever your heart desires most in their 2023 Holiday Card

TexMex

Tired of the prolonged teases. Reveal something or don't. They did nearly the exact same thing last year and still nothing came of it.

JnGLwEC.jpg

Last edited:

skneogaf

Imagine a Bloodborne remake looking like that Demon's Souls remake.

You really prefer that remaster?

I think demon's souls remake ls unbelievably good but I also believe the style of the graphics didn't follow the style that from software did originally.

So I'd be concerned if the game looks too cartoony/colourful or something.

Last edited:

Arsic

with the vampire reference I could see a castlevania reboot .

Otherwise I hope it’s legacy of kain remake/reboot.

Sony 1st Party post BB does not make me desire new IPs from Bluepoint. I rather remakes of certified classics like DeS and SotC. Especially when the amount of good remaster/remake studios is not big these days.
God of War 1 remake with same old school combat and linear level design but with expanded cinematics with judge voicing please
That would be pretty cool. But Sony likely does not want to risk outrage by the usual suspects by bringing edgy pulp GoW back. Especially now that they got their seal of approval for that cleaned up, shallow sad dad narrative.

Last edited:

DarthPutin

Tired of the prolonged teases. Reveal something or don't. They did nearly the exact same thing last year and still nothing came of it.
Something came from it, no? Demon's Souls remake. I see people discussing this tweet on Reddit from 3 years ago with some hoping that it signifies work on DS (while others hope for other games hidden here).

Nobody in their right mind can expect them to remake all of the games they namedropped in this tweet.

JnGLwEC.jpg

Looking back at this we can make some more recent assumptions/conclusions

It suggested there are 2 games listed here rather than 1

Assuming that the rumors only start after the word "shadow", we can make reference to at least the following titles:

Resistance - Maybe a remaster collection as I'll reference below
Legend of Dragoon - Peter Dalton said in 2019 that he loved the game and that maybe it should be a project
Ape Escape - I just find this entirely unlikely
Twisted Metal/Twisted Metal Black - We know that Firesprite is likely working on Twisted Metal
Silent Hill - We know someone else is doing Silent Hill 2, it's possible they are working on 1, but I find that less than plausible.
Demon's Souls - Maybe a sequel, which is more than likely I think
Syphon Filter - Would be a great thing, but very difficult to do, has to be a reboot as a simple remake wouldn't do
Shadow of the Colossus - Not sure what they would do with this on its own but the game didn't receive a patch
Metal Gear Solid - Would probably be the highest profile title they could do from this list
ICO (Eco-Friendly) - See SotC

Other notables
Collection - They could be doing a collection of games. So maybe they would do an ICO/SOTC remaster collection, maybe even including Last Guardian. Which makes sense because neither of those games were patched for PS5 and ICO was never remade for PS4, but that's 3 games, so I don't think this would be the case when the rumor suggests 2. A Resistance remaster collection probably makes more sense.

FromSoftware - "Soft from Solid is likely a reference to Solid Snake and Metal Gear Solid, but it could also be a very vague reference to Bloodborne"

The things in bold I think are the most likely.

Ranked by likelihood I'd say

Demon's Souls 2
Bloodborne
Resistance
Metal Gear Solid
Shadow of the Colossus
ICO
Last Guardian
Twisted Metal
Ape Escape
Syphon Filter
Legend of Dragoon
Silent Hill

Last edited:
Gotta be Metal Gear Remake.

I mean with the combination of:

1 - Metal Gear is very important historically to PlayStation
2 - Konami outsourcing its IP
3 - Bluepoint having worked on the Metal Gear Solid Collection
4 - The success of the Resident Evil 2 Remake

Based on RE2 remake coming out 3 years ago you could say we're overdue a remake of MGS, but that's also exciting if it is a PS5 exclusive rather than cross-gen.

I could totally see Sony funding this game and developing this game on behalf of Konami for exclusivity. With investment in a MGS movie underway, it also makes a lot of sense. Especially with Sony Pictures/Columbia distributing, though PlayStation Productions does not appear to be involved.

I mean with the combination of:

1 - Metal Gear is very important historically to PlayStation
2 - Konami outsourcing its IP
3 - Bluepoint having worked on the Metal Gear Solid Collection
4 - The success of the Resident Evil 2 Remake

Based on RE2 remake coming out 3 years ago you could say we're overdue a remake of MGS, but that's also exciting if it is a PS5 exclusive rather than cross-gen.

I could totally see Sony funding this game and developing this game on behalf of Konami for exclusivity. With investment in a MGS movie underway, it also makes a lot of sense. Especially with Sony Pictures/Columbia distributing, though PlayStation Productions does not appear to be involved.

You're all wrong. It's Legend of Dragoon Remake PS5 exclusive.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Maybe Castlevania done in the style of Demon's Souls? That'd be an interesting take.

Ar¢tos

Thinking of a buttery smooth 60FPS, 4K HDR, no/reduced chromatic aberration and some cleverly used RT, remaster of Bloodborne is something almost impossible to resist, even of I have the original and know it is perfectly playable on ps5. In part because having a remaster released would repopulate the servers and the fun would start all over again!
I miss random co-op in random chalice dungeons, it was always a "new" unknown area with corners to explore.

boomcrab

Where is it the phrase "what your heart desires most" at? All I see is the card by itself. It might sound silly but is it possible that extra box is just there, like aesthetically to leave no empty space or something? Lol

JaksGhost

Maybe stop perceiving everything as a "tease" and you won't be disappointed. They post a picture with gifts and it turns into somebody writing a dissertation over it.

Begleiter

Maybe stop perceiving everything as a "tease" and you won't be disappointed. They post a picture with gifts and it turns into somebody writing a dissertation over it.
Yeah, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. This is probably just a nice Christmas image they knocked together.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. This is probably just a nice Christmas image they knocked together.
With an unopened box next to the other opened boxes for games they worked on. It's not massive, but still a slight tease of something to come when it's finally unwrapped.

Metnut

MGS1 remake would be pretty disappointing.

Bloodborne 2 would be really exciting. Would love to see what some outsiders could do with the IP if From isn’t too interested in it anymore. Seeing as how this would be Bluepoint’s big chance at a new game, I think we’d alll enjoy it

Top Bottom