• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint is remastering a handheld game for a current-gen console (seemingly PS4?)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Any guesses?

I guess this could be Tearaway.

Gamaustra said:
Bluepoint Games, Inc. – Austin, Texas, United States
» Character Artist

Bluepoint is looking for a CHARACTER ARTIST to join our team on a contract basis as we work on our latest project. Help us remaster a highly acclaimed AAA handheld product to a current generation console. The contract work is needed for approximately 2 months.
Main Page: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/

Then in the posting itself:

Gamaustra said:
Platform
Playstation 4
Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/character-artist-austin-texas-27123

The reason I say "seemingly" is that the platform listings aren't always accurate.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gravity Rush believe

I hope it's not Uncharted since the Vita one was the worst of the series

Are media molecule not doing Tearaway? With 50% of the content in the game being new I wouldn't want anyone other than them doing it.

If I had to guess I'd say Gravity Rush, just to open it up for Gravity Rush 2 on PS4.
Then again, with it being "AAA" it could be Killzone Mercenaries?

Might be Killzone Mercenary. I think Media Molecule is handling Tearaway's port/remake.

Edit: Gravity Rush is also very likely if the sequel is on PS4 same with Golden Abyss for a Uncharted collection.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seems odd it'd be Tearaway given how Media Molecule has gotten in front of the PS4 port. They said from the get go they weren't involved with LBP3.

I'm gonna say its Gravity Rush.

It's definitely not Tearaway since that is not a remaster and is being done by MM internally. Gravity Rush is the best bet, especially GR2 ends up on PS4 instead of Vita.

kulapik

One more nail on Vita's coffin.

Though I'm not sure if you can add more nails to a coffin that's already underground.

I'd be down for either Gravity Rush (1+2) or WipEout 2048 (60fps bundled with WipEout HD).

Not much other Vita elusive stuff I've liked enough to be interested in a PS4 version.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, first guess off the top of my head is Gravity Rush.

Tearaway is going to be MM because the design of the game is changing.

Uncharted would probably be done by a b-team at ND after TLOU Remaster (because it would need to be on par with that.)

culafia

Please not Gravity Rush

You can abandon Vita, Sony, but please don't purge what few amazing AAA exclusives it has.

impact

Banned
Killzone Mercenary...believe.

My money is on Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Please be Gravity Rush, at least the PS4 gives it a chance at being decent. No more swipe to dodge makes the game better instantly. Also the beautiful art wouldn't have to be compromised for crap specs. Come on GR!

Freedom wars believe.

This would be amazing. So amazing that Sony would never be smart enough to do it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm not sure if it would be Tearaway because that had some original content being developed. I wonder.

I think Uncharted Vita would be a good option-- Sony could be remastering all four games for a collection. Alternatively, it could be KZM for PSN but Killzone is so flat by now I wonder if Sony is bothering.

Gravity Rush I feel like won't happen. They're just going to release 2 on PS4 and that will be that.

Please not Gravity Rush

You can abandon Vita, Sony, but please don't purge what few amazing AAA exclusives it has.

Who thinks like this? Wow.

Top Bottom