• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blues & Bullets Episode 2 live ; game coming to PS4 / Xbox One Late March/Early April

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Blues & Bullets Episode 2 is now live on Steam.

Trailer for the second episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oafI8C22Wnw

Along with the second episode, it's been confirmed that Blues & Bullets Episodes 1 & 2 will be releasing on PS4 & Xbox One, aiming for a release window of late March / early April.

Here's the press release:

- Winner of best story at Game Connection America 2015 ("Excellence in Story & Storytelling")

- Doug Cockle (Elliot Ness) is nominated to Best Voice talent at BAFTA 2016 (The Witcher 3)

Shaking the Hive:

Barcelona, March 10th 2016.

We are honored to announce that today you will be able to download the second episode of Blues And Bullets , under the name “Shaking the Hive.”

In this second episode we will get to know gruesome stories from Eliot’s past, advance in the investigation and we will face challenges of all kinds and moral dilemmas.

It is an episode in which we have put a lot of work and made improvements in both the graphics and gameplay. Now you will be able to play it on PC, and after the GDC we will release it on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (both the first episode and this one). We do not have the exact date yet, but it is expected to be late March or early April.

Remember that each episode cost is 5$/€, while the whole season cost is 20 $/€. As a interesting number, more than 100.000 personas are waiting now to know nore about the next steps of Elliot Ness and his companions.

Remember that and there is also a new comic of Blues And Bullets in digital format with three new stories and remember that Blues And Bullets will be rocking at GDC 2016. If you are going to be there, come say hi! :).

For more info you can go to Blues And Bullets website, or the one from A Crowd of Monsters.

Platforms: Xbox One, Playstation 4 ; PC/Steam

Release date: March 10th (Steam), April/March (the rest)

Genre: Action Adventure

Number of players: 1

Rating: +16, M for Mature.

The world needs more crime thriller games, and I heard some interesting word of mouth on the first episode. See how the second episode holds up, and as I bought the Season Pass on Steam, should try soon and see what I think of the game. Know some were holding out for a console version, and here it is.

Fady K

Thanks for sharing this Dusk :D (I replied to you on the Cursed Mountain thread, check it out sometime if you get the chance ;D)

This game looks intriguing; the more adventure games the better. Nice to see them add PS4 to their platforms too. Looking forward to it.

chadskin

Hope more people check this out once it arrives on PS4.

First episode is out on Xbox One already if I'm not mistaken, by the way.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Thanks for sharing this Dusk :D (I replied to you on the Cursed Mountain thread, check it out sometime if you get the chance ;D)

This game looks intriguing; the more adventure games the better. Nice to see them add PS4 to their platforms too. Looking forward to it.

Oh my, I'll have to look.

I know it got interesting word of mouth and does some interesting surrealistic stuff in its first episode. See how episode 2 develops, it's in my opinion one of the best looking games that uses the 'black, white, and red' aesthetic I can say from what I've seen.

NeoRaider

Wasn't first episode released like few moths ago? I wonder what took them so long. I really want to try it but i don't want to buy it now and wait till 2017 to finish it.

Vuze

Wasn't first episode released like few moths ago? I wonder what took them so long. I really want to try it but i don't want to buy it now and wait till 2017 to finish it.
I agree. I loved Episode 1 but considering the long gap I'd rather buy all episodes seperately on launch even if it means to spend more in the long run.

GavinUK86

The first episode came out the 23rd July 2015. It's taken them ages to complete this one. It's a very small team with a limited budget. The first one impressed me though, it was pretty good. Excited this one has finally made it out.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Along with the second episode, it's been confirmed that Blues & Bullets Episodes 1 & 2 will be releasing on PS4 & Xbox One, aiming for a release window of late March / early April.

The first episode is available in the xbox from the last summer.

Why it took so long to finish this episode?Now the next chapter for 2017?

Fady K

Oh my, I'll have to look.

I know it got interesting word of mouth and does some interesting surrealistic stuff in its first episode. See how episode 2 develops, it's in my opinion one of the best looking games that uses the 'black, white, and red' aesthetic I can say from what I've seen.

Awesome :D

It sure does look great indeed, definitely planning on picking this up

AsfaeksBR

Amazing game so far, really recommend people checking it out if you can.

It's not Dontnod-levels of polish, but the story and set pieces more than make up for it!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Amazing game so far, really recommend people checking it out if you can.

It's not Dontnod-levels of polish, but the story and set pieces more than make up for it!

And i agree with you after finishing the ep2.The history is bizarre,dark and fascinating is a great little game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I want to play it but I will wait for all episodes to get released before I do that.

Better if you support the game now and buy the episodes because they are a small team of 20 person and not doing very well in the sales,so better to support them.

Now they are going to release the game in the ps4 and i hope goes well for them.

speedomodel

I want to play it but I will wait for all episodes to get released before I do that.

Episode 2 was delayed for so long because of lack of funds. They are small team, while I would normally agree with you, I would suggest purchasing now to support the team. The game is wonderful.

Only started the first part but loving it, can't wait to dig into this tonight. So great.

Montresor

The story in Episode 2 is so dark/unsettling. You've gotta play it to experience the story alone.

I rate both episodes as 2.5/5 - mediocre with very unpolished visuals and game play. But I think the episodes are so cheap, and that the art style and story are so wonderful, that it's still worth playing through this game.

I hope people don't consider these images spoilers - below are my favourite shots from the game.

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

CloudWolf

The first episode has some hilarious stuff. That knife throwing part is the best.

I should make some time to play the second episode.

xrnzaaas

Does the second episode end with some crappy cliffhanger? I'd be interested in buying a bundle for a PS4 (eps 1&2) but I wouldn't want the major questions to be left unanswered in case eps 3-5 are never released.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Does the second episode end with some crappy cliffhanger? I'd be interested in buying a bundle for a PS4 (eps 1&2) but I wouldn't want the major questions to be left unanswered in case eps 3-5 are never released.

It's a story with a plot ending in the ep5 i guess.So you are not going to discover what happens playing only the ep1 and 2.

xrnzaaas

Well I've bought episode 1-2 pack in the current PS Store sale and it was a great deal. The first episode was ok, but the second was awesome. The noir aesthetic is superb, the locations are really good looking and unique and tbh the characters and how they move are the only moments when you notice that they had a smaller budget. I really hope that the remaining episodes are released eventually, but even if it gets cancelled it's been a nice and enjoyable (dat soundtrack) experience for me.

sueil

I wonder if I can get a refund on steam since I bought the entire season up front when episode 1 came out and 3-5 are probably never gonna come out.

sueil

Has there been news of a cancellation, or are people just assuming the worst because of the long gap since the last episode?

Theres been no update on steam since may and their website 404's it doesn't look good.

Appanrently their website is back up now.

This is why they were not given a season pass option and why achievements are not added for all episodes up front. Pretty unreliable.

Shame because the game itself is pretty good but the Devs communication skills leave a lot to be desired

xrnzaaas

This is why they were not given a season pass option and why achievements are not added for all episodes up front. Pretty unreliable.

Shame because the game itself is pretty good but the Devs communication skills leave a lot to be desired

On PS4 all trophies are visible and there's even a platinum planned.

I wonder if I can get a refund on steam since I bought the entire season up front when episode 1 came out and 3-5 are probably never gonna come out.

Considering there was a 8 months gap between ep 1 and 2, I think they're just on track for a October-November release

Real shame. That timing has killed any momentum the game could have had.

And still, here I am: waiting it to be completed to purchase it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The studio is closed that's the information i have(despite the website is up) and i can't say who tells me that.Well see if this is true or not and the game continues.

Top Bottom