• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Dylan accused of raping 12 year old

MacReady13

I am so tired of these... Everyone is rapist because he flirted or fucked with a drunk girl 60 years ago.
12yo is sus but it's so long ago. There is no point dragging this out now.
Huh? I don't care if it was 50 years ago or 5 minutes ago, if they do the wrong thing then it needs to come out!

I am so tired of these... Everyone is rapist because he flirted or fucked with a drunk girl 60 years ago.
12yo is sus but it's so long ago. There is no point dragging this out now.
I don’t know. If some guy was fucking 12 year olds, people should know. People lionize Bob Dylan as some kind of anti war, hippie icon. If the guy was a scumbag piece of shit, I think it matters a little bit. Not like, throw the guy in jail, but the pedo shit needs to be exposed.

rofif

Banned
Huh? I don't care if it was 50 years ago or 5 minutes ago, if they do the wrong thing then it needs to come out!
It's most like a waste of time. The victim won't remember what happened or already replaced the story with worse memories. The musician will not remember what happened... there will be no witnesses and it will go nowhere.
I agree that if he did it, it should not go unpunished... but at this point it is honestly too late

It's most like a waste of time. The victim won't remember what happened or already replaced the story with worse memories. The musician will not remember what happened... there will be no witnesses and it will go nowhere.
I agree that if he did it, it should not go unpunished... but at this point it is honestly too late
Banned for enabled rapeism ~ RegretEra

Last edited:
I don't think their should be a federal investigation, but I don't mind the woman telling her story. I can choose to believe it or not. Then again, we have become a society of competitive outrage where every accusation is treated like political football, so who knows.

badblue

The musician will not remember what happened
Good thing Bob Dylan's schedule for that time frame is easily available.

link
UPDATE “Swanky room at the Chelsea Hotel? Bob couldn’t afford a room at the Chelsea Hotel!” TMZ described the legal papers filed by “JC” below and said it happened in Dylan’s “swanky hotel room.” A friend of Dylan from that time was who around 24/7 laughed when he heard this. He also reminded me to look at the calendar and schedule of Dylan shows. Bob and Joan Baez, who were a couple, were on the road together for all of the time “JC” says she was with Dylan at the Chelsea. This fellow was with him the whole time.

I told JC’s lawyer, Daniel Isaacs, about the schedule and asked to respond. I’m waiting for an answer.

EARLIER On April 26, 1965 Bob Dylan arrived in London. He didn’t return to the United States until June 2nd.

In April. he was mostly on the West Coast. All of this is recorded in calendars tracking Dylan’s whereabouts because he was a young superstar.

Yet this afternoon comes news of a complaint filed by a 68 year old woman who says Dylan groomed and molested her in New York at the Chelsea Hotel in April and May 1965 when she was 12 years old.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Good thing Bob Dylan's schedule for that time frame is easily available.

link
If any of that can be verified (I’m sure it easily can be if it’s true) then she picked a terrible couple of months to accuse. Even if she just got the dates wrong that’s killed the case, right? You can’t just stand up and court and change the details until it fits the narrative.

Teslerum

If any of that can be verified (I’m sure it easily can be if it’s true) then she picked a terrible couple of months to accuse. Even if she just got the dates wrong that’s killed the case, right? You can’t just stand up and court and change the details until it fits the narrative.
Unless, there's evidence to the contrary, yes. This is dead before it started.

Top Bottom