• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Ross was an amazing human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

220px-Bob_at_Easel.jpg

Seriously. How awesome is this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjIBYyk2wk

I don't even like painting or drawing but I can watch his videos forever. Also, I love this song, it makes me happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA

awesome_6.jpg

vidcons

Banned
actually he was a disgusting padeofile who would paint naked children for $10 in the quake irc channels.

reall fucked up individual in all respects

I'm sure some would liken the stuff he painted on his show to cheap Wal-Mart art, but I always loved it. Mindblowing how quickly he'd create something and him adding a tree/rock/Etc. would just blend in perfectly with an already complete-looking painting.

LQX

I actually use to watch his show sometimes after school as Reading Rainbow or another show I liked usually came after it on channel 25 in NY.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I heard he would paint happy little trees burning in forest fires to relieve stress.

slit

Yes he was, and I hope god is allowing him to paint little raccoons and old possums 'n' stuff that all live up in his wonderful tree. They've got to have a little place to sit, after all.

vidcons

Banned
little trees are so phallic. mother earths babies stickin their weiners through glory holes and shooting oxygen into the wind and then we castrate them for paper eisels bob ross used.

he was fucking twisted. thank god he is dead

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

There's always a contrarian.

I'll do it too, just so he won't get rallied against.

Bob Ross painted 2nd year art student stuff. His art, while competent, wasn't anything special. I never felt that Bob was showing something that bared his soul, or talked to me about his views about life. I just felt like someone told him to paint a cabin in the mountains with puffy clouds, serene water, and happy trees. So he got high and did that.

He was a good artist that got paid to do art that was beneath his talents.

Also, I'm jelly of his happy fro.

slit

There's always a contrarian.

I'll do it too, just so he won't get rallied against.

Bob Ross painted 2nd year art student stuff. His art, while competent, wasn't anything special. I never felt that Bob was showing something that bared his soul, or talked to me about his views about life. I just felt like someone told him to paint a cabin in the mountains with puffy clouds, serene water, and happy trees. So he got high and did that.

He was a good artist that got paid to do art that was beneath his talents.

Also, I'm jelly of his happy fro.

You deserve a good smack from his fro!!!!!!

How dare you!!!!!

Halcyon

I always knew the art he did was introductory painting. Thats sort of the point to it being a TV show for new painters.

The appeal was his voice and thoughts. I'll still watch it if I come across an episode.

GTI Guy

I always loved that at some point in his process he does something that makes it totally look like he screwed up the painting then he does some stuff and magically it looks awesome.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I just spent 20 minutes watching that. He's a legend and his talking soothes my soul.

I always loved that at some point in his process he does something that makes it totally look like he screwed up the painting then he does some stuff and magically it looks awesome.

Every goddamn time.

MedIC86

I love his movies, help me relax when im stressed out, and i dont even paint. its just mesmerizing to watch.

Anyway he was in the army right? after he was yelled at all the time he made a vow never to yell again, thats why he talks so relaxed i guess. Also i believe his paintings are quiet expensive to buy nowadays.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I love his movies, help me relax when im stressed out, and i dont even paint. its just mesmerizing to watch.

Anyway he was in the army right? after he was yelled at all the time he made a vow never to yell again, thats why he talks so relaxed i guess. Also i believe his paintings are quiet expensive to buy nowadays.

In addition to that, while in the army he was stationed in Alaska, which may be why he drew the kinds of landscapes he did

MedIC86

In addition to that, while in the army he was stationed in Alaska, which may be why he drew the kinds of landscapes he did

Yeah exactly, i also read somewhere that because he had so little downtime he learned him self to paint as fast as he does in the series.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
If there was ever someone who could tempt me to drop acid it was probably him.

MrHicks

Banned
is it weird i play these youtube videos of him in the background while im doing stuff?

meanwhile i don't give a shit about painting lol
hearing him talk relieves stress and relaxes you

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
One of the biggest joys of my childhood was watching Bob. I'm sure I've seen every episode multiple times.

"People look at me like I'm a little strange, when I go around talking to squirrels and rabbits and stuff. That's ok. Thaaaat's just ok."

There's a funny episode of boondocks that has a bob Ross doppelganger with the same story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom