• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bodycount - from the creators of Black

Swittcher said:
Gun Bukkake

2qdq3i0.jpg

Man, that drawing is bullshit. How the hell is this guy expected to carry all his ammo, when he has so few pouches/pockets to store it in?

I count 18 pouches lol

Gomu Gomu said:
BLACK was a fairly moderate shooter. It looked fucking amazing though.
I hope this isn't all about the looks.

It'll be like a Micheal Bay movie.
Nothing but explosions and cheesy story.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
TheJollyCorner said:
but Nomura is actually a fairly proficient character designer/artist, tastes in style aside. His characters are actually well-drawn and proportionate.

What bugs me most about Liefield isn't his absolutely horrid anatomy, tiny noses, pointed feet, baby teeth, or penguin hands- it's the way he draws guns. Most of them look like segmented towel-racks from a 1970's B-movie sci-fi bathroom.

... but about Bodycount... yeah... wasn't a huge fan of BLACK. I'll likely pass on this unless the praise is there.

Yes, Nomura is fantastic at designing 13 year old girls.

Bleepey said:
For all of the Liefeld hate, i would put him alongside Jim Lee and Macfarlane as the most influential comic book artists of the 90s.

liefeld-cap.jpg

Hate is deserving. His one redeeming factor is Deadpool.

But, I digress. I hope this game is less generic than Black.

EDIT: beat.

No_Style

The only thing Black had going for it was its looks and the guns. Without Criterion's awesome tech guys behind them, I wonder what they'll bring to Bodycount.

scitek

BlueScrote said:

I wonder what was going through the person's mind who did the coloring. That's a fucking abomination. I like how his sig is looking all important in the corner, too.

I played Black very briefly a few months ago (via PS2 hooked up with composite cables on a shitty LCD no less :lol ) and I was very impressed with how it looked and how the weapons behaved.

I'll keep an eye on this game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The best thing Black had going for it was all the callbacks to classic action movie sequences. Like the shower shootout in The Rock. If they can pull that off again I'll give it a play through.

I see Liefeld still thinks that guns are long squished cylinders with two semi-circle holes at the end.

kinggroin said:
I dont get it. How is it possible to see the left pectoral muscle from that angle/stance? How big is his left arm?!?

8bzvzbp.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
kinggroin said:
I dont get it. How is it possible to see the left pectoral muscle from that angle/stance? How big is his left arm?!?

Cap is triangular. There's a top-down view of that image floating around somewhere. (edit: Floating around exactly above this post, for example) It's really one of the worst professional drawings I've ever seen. That he was influential to comic books in the 90's is...not a good thing. Backstreet Boys were influential to popular music in the late 90's, that doesn't make them any less of an aural abortion.

edit:

Baki said:
Too many FPS's. Atleast try 3rd person if you're going to do a shooter.

Yeah, we're really hurting for third person shooters. I'm not defending FPS games, my base level interest in most FPS is less than zero. But it isn't as though making a third person shooter is a bold new choice in game design.

Black was awesome. The biggest problem was that enemies took too much damage, other than that it was kick ass. Instead of wussy shit like MW2 where you hide behind a crate after getting hit once, Black was about being John Matrix and just shooting the fuck out of everything while standing in the middle of the action.

Will be a nice change of pace considering all shooters these days are about hiding and taking cover.

Swittcher

Banned
Linkzg said:
Black was awesome. The biggest problem was that enemies took too much damage, other than that it was kick ass. Instead of wussy shit like MW2 where you hide behind a crate after getting hit once, Black was about being John Matrix and just shooting the fuck out of everything while standing in the middle of a the action.

Will be a nice change of pace considering all shooters these days are about hiding and taking cover.

That's awesome.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Black was below average at the time of its release, and it's even worse now. It baffles me that it gets so much attention while dozens of superior FPSes are mostly ignored.

Currently, I see no reason to care about Bodycount.

eso76

I remember Black as an extremely well done but also extremely basic fps.
Still very curious to see how this turns out, especially since it's powered by Codemaster's awesome engine.
If i had to put my money on a fps to go against Killzone 2 (3 ?) in the graphics / tech department, this would be that game.

Gomu Gomu

Chairman Yang said:
Black was below average at the time of its release, and it's even worse now. It baffles me that it gets so much attention while dozens of superior FPSes are mostly ignored.

qft.

Chairman Yang said:

Alex Ward....

WanderingWind said:
...and Liefield is good at designing absolutely nothing. :lol

I'm afraid there are hordes of conflicted Deadpool fangirls in the OT that would have a word with you.

It gives me no end of pleasure that their hero is the spawn of Rob Liefield, yet they fly that elitist flag high. :lol

Chairman Yang said:

Depends on what you consider a superior FPS. Black isn't the best of the best, but I'd say it is above average considering how many mediocre shooters there are. Seems like people are selling it short just because others praised it highly.

Black was fun because weapons looked, sounded, and felt powerful (until bullets hit enemis and you reailzed they weren't). As you played things were getting shot to bits and smoke was flying in the air, walls crumbling and all that. It was like playing through an action movie. It wasn't trying to be more than that, and again, the biggest flaw for me was that enemies took too much damage, which only offset the action movie feeling.

Nizz

I liked Black. Hopefully this game gives me that same type of summer action movie, leave your brain at the door type fun.

I loved Black. My friends also loved Black. I don't really understand all the hate in this thread. Makes me wonder where is all the 'complexity' of the popular shooters like CoD.

FPSs, imo, are about shooting in the first place, and not watching scripts and pretending to be part of the action. I welcome Bodycount.

Top Bottom