• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bodycount - from the creators of Black

Pylon_Trooper said:
Whoa! New trailer, folks. This is part one of their preview series:

BODYCOUNT - BEHIND THE BULLETS PART 1: The Guns

I'm sold. The destruction certainly looks wonderful, the hilarious ragdolling off buildings looks utterly 80s action flick and I'm just excited to support this strangely maligned bit of shooty-shoot.

Keen as mustard. That shotgun. DAT SHOTGUN!
Looks nice, isn't it coming out the same day as Deus Ex though? It's going to be a slaughter. They really should price this game competitively.

Mdk7 said:
i really LOVED Black back in the day, so i had high hopes for this one.
I tried it at E3, and it really kinda sucked.

The art direction in the levels à la Tron is AMAZING, but unluckily the game is split between those parts and the average modern warfare like settings (that feel dull, boring and terribly unattractive).
Overall the graphics are pretty meh, the gameplay wasn't looking so hot, so i'll definitely pass.

The thing that struck me the most is the title screen, which is frankly awesome. :p

Thanks for the impressions, sir.

I dunno, I've always seemed to gravitate to the non-blockbuster shooters and have a great old time. Quite interested in the score attack style of play, especially with the friends/global scoreboard mechanic for combos, chaining etc. Plus, the lean mechanic looks pretty damn unique. Knowing my underdog streak, I think I'm in for a right old time. Co-op horde mode should be great fun with all the destructible cover. Good ol' arcadey fun.

Nice to see a Black fan, though. Usually the very mentioning of the name brings out a flock of semi-haters.

Neuromancer said:
Looks nice, isn't it coming out the same day as Deus Ex though? It's going to be a slaughter. They really should price this game competitively.

This is what I'm balancing Deus Ex with, so best of both worlds. I think they're very complimentary!

Tawpgun

Played the demo. Hated it. The visuals looks gross. Not even their realism, just the art style. The cover system/aiming system just feels off. Sprinting and jumping are clunky as hell.

Not a fan at all.

Indeed, just played it and the controls are really laggy. Turned it off after 5 min. Why don't devs understand you got to have responsive controls for fps.

Tawpgun

Razor 81 said:
Indeed, just played it and the controls are really laggy. Turned it off after 5 min. Why don't devs understand you got to have responsive controls for fps.
Thiiiiis. Loved how they were going on about how fun the guns are to use. Nope.

I find it hilarious that from the animations it looks like the hero has no arms.
Disgusting color scheme, bad framerate, controls blew, ugh gughghgh
Not holding out much hope for the full game.
What a mess.

Scoring system seems whack as hell too. There doesn't look to be any timer between "skillshots" so it's better to turtle like hell, camp, and just headshot everyone real slowly.

Top Bottom