Bolsonaro regime to remove Brazilian textbook references to feminism and homosexuality

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Slippery slope.

Granting the military control over some schools (it's only some). Saying "One of the goals [...] is to combat the Marxist rubbish that has spread in educational institutions".

This is crowd-whipping material, not a leadership strategy for a developed nation. I agree that Marxism is rubbish, and since the article doesn't offer specifics on what phrases or questions were removed, it is hard to say how this is being spun.

But the earmarks for outrage-driven political decisions are all there.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2014
"I have an obsession with hot takes on LGBT issues" better describes the situation.
Having recently spent a bit more time following this hot topic, watching:

- documentaries on the Evergreen State College protests,
- the Boghossian/Lindsay hoax papers, and their JRE interview, and the Portland State University open letter response,
- a radical leftist Thomas Smith debating Sargon of Akkad (and losing badly),
- Jack Dorsey outright lie on the JRE podcast (his actions a month after this podcast confirming this),
- Twitter outrage i.e. Esquire magazine, Liam Neeson, UK policing, Bloomingdale's T-shirt, Deadmau5 on Twitch, MSM reporting on every "hot" tweet, et-fucking-c.

It just occurred to me how bizarre human society is to be so bent on pushing for a twisted fantasy world believing men can become women, or vice versa. How weak humanity is where we just can't laugh at the situation and face up to facts. You're born with a penis? - You're a man.

Q: Are you a man/male/gender specific?
A: Look between your legs.

BUT, and I strongly mean BUT, on the other hand, having a world where we live and let live is the best world we can live in. So, to be punished for your sexuality/skin colour should be a crime. Islam punishing gays/etc should be unacceptable to all. Laws preventing prejudice in society should be laid.

It just seems we're going the wrong way about it. @Antoon bringing up these threads is perfectly reasonable when the world is going insane with stupidity enforcing this unscientific trendy view.

Edit: fixed for grammar.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
Not a fan that anything gets removed from books and not a fan that unscientific stuff pushed by grievance study frauds who corrupt scholarships/education because of ideology gets taught in schools.
Get the stuff pushed by ideology, job security for grievance studies/intersectional frauds out of schools that receive government funding sure, but that should be the end of it.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2010
Military involved in the schools... that is a recipe for disaster. Removing references on violence against women???

What exactly is this supposed to do to the crime rate in Brazil? How does this stop corruption? Brazilians committed the ultimate sin. You never elect the one man who claims to have all the answers, that he alone will fix your broken society. That is the last person you hand the reigns over to.

Rhinos everywhere.

Oct 16, 2018
Still not seeing that dictatorship happening so soon neither that nonsense of all the people of color and lgbt and women (because it has to be a clear distinction/s) being killed because of the current government according to what the left extremists were adverting so much.

Actually why those people are so eager to be right about that? Ideology scoring? Everyone loses.

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Funny guy. I'm guessing you think I'm an SJW. Check my post history, I'm not. You, on the other hand, have a weird issue that I'd like to get to the bottom of.
lmao, I'm sorry but, "I'm not an SJW", followed by "but you have a personal opinion I need to get to the bottom of", is fucking hilarious. I know you aren't a SJW dude, but why the "Mayhaps Antoon isn't down for the LGBT cause?" - so what if he isn't?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2014
Some context is needed and a non bias source ..

The independent
It should be noted that The Independant newspaper went out of print circulation a few years ago.

It went so far radically up its leftist backside, people stopped buying it.

It's not therefore an unbiased source. It represents a typically radical leftist agenda, which, as per my post above highlights, needs to be killed.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018
lmao, I'm sorry but, "I'm not an SJW", followed by "but you have a personal opinion I need to get to the bottom of", is fucking hilarious. I know you aren't a SJW dude, but why the "Mayhaps Antoon isn't down for the LGBT cause?" - so what if he isn't?
Really? The dude basically implied that I'm an SJW, so yes I am going to point out that I'm not one, and you can check my post history. Honestly it's hilarious given that the SJWs here think I'm Hitler. As for Antoon not being down for the LGBT cause, that's fine, and tbh I'm not a fan of a lot of aspects of it either - they won, we now mostly don't give a shit if you're gay, straight, bi, or fuck horses. The need to extend that victory has much in common with modern feminism which also already won the battles it needed to win and now looks for new and pointless ones to fight.

So, with all that said, every time I see a post from this dude in Off Topic or Politics, it's one subject. It's legitimate to ask whether there's an issue there that needs addressing as every single damn thing he posts is a fairly shitty hot-take that honestly belongs on Breitbart or Alex Jones youtube channel.

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
Yeah I'm starting to get a feeling that @Antoon really hates LGBT people - he seems to spend a hell of a lot of time posting about them.
Yeah it's pretty transparent. While I'm an outspoken critic of the militant pseudo-scientific ideological snake-oil that is intersectional feminism and anything that can be attributed to it, I see no reason why kids cannot be taught about homosexuality and the history of LGBT rights in an objective manner. Western democracy is a long history of equal personal rights that were slowly expanded over the whole population, from the general right to vote, over women suffragettes, to basic civil rights for homosexual people such as civil marriage.

People in this topic make the false assumption that Bolsonaro is merely banning far-left militant academic propaganda from the school curriculum, when in fact his policy makes no such distinction. Teaching about civil rights in the context of a libertarian education includes LGBT rights and the history of suffragettes. Teaching sexual education includes homosexuality as a natural sexual orientation. Banning any "textbook references to feminism and homosexuality" does not respect that critical distinction.

Brazil's president and his senior officials have vowed to revise school textbooks to remove references to feminism, homosexuality and violence against women. Jair Bolsonaro has also said he wants the military to take over some public schools, as part of what teachers believe is a "nonsensical" approach to education reform.
Also I think that outright militarizing public education is the dumbest thing ever. If people on the right truly value free speech they should certainly be able to recognize that this is not the right way to go. Seems to me as if Bolsonaro is merely replacing one set of propaganda by another by waging a political and ideological war on the back of education.

This is even worse than what's happening at Evergreen and other american college campuses, where academic freedom is thrown under the bus for political cronyism, much to the dismay of those who support the free marketplace of ideas. I support Peterson's plea to restore academic objectivity when it comes to the school curriculum, especially in relation to gender studies and libertarian values, but what Bolsonaro is doing is not that, on the contrary.

Oct 16, 2018
It should be noted that The Independant newspaper went out of print circulation a few years ago.

It went so far radically up its leftist backside, people stopped buying it.

It's not therefore an unbiased source. It represents a typically radical leftist agenda, which, as per my post above highlights, needs to be killed.
On top of that I couldn't find any recent news from any official brazilian news websites endorsing the same subject as this "The Independent" website. Can someone help me verify if this news is the real deal?

May 17, 2012
Canada
I have no problem with teaching about LGBT or feminism but a lot of the curriculum looks like it was written by someone over at ResetEra or the Feminist Frequency. I think a more measured approach to introducing these subjects at an appropriate age would allow more acceptance. Most of this ideological driven curriculum was driven down peoples throats by bully activists rather than level headed adults. After seeing the whole grievance studies fiasco I don't know how many level headed adults actually exist in these disciplines. Which is not helping children or the acceptance of marginalized groups.

Oct 16, 2018
I have no problem with teaching about LGBT or feminism but a lot of the curriculum looks like it was written by someone over at ResetEra or the Feminist Frequency. I think a more measured approach to introducing these subjects at an appropriate age would allow more acceptance. Most of this ideological driven curriculum was driven down peoples throats by bully activists rather than level headed adults. After seeing the whole grievance studies fiasco I don't know how many level headed adults actually exist in these disciplines. Which is not helping children or the acceptance of marginalized groups.
These "activists" (not all) they never cared about the full realisation of this acceptation of any kind. They only care about fuelling the anger of their target audience. They're banking on it. They are psychopaths who prey on those people without them realising that. Is was never about treating each other with respect and acceptance. It's all about making someone else's life miserable.
Why do you think ResetEra existed in the first place? To put Old GAF to the shame?

EDIT: Grammar

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2014
On top of that I couldn't find any recent news from any official brazilian news websites endorsing the same subject as this "The Independent" website. Can someone help me verify if this news is the real deal?
The newspaper website isn't outright lying I guess, it can be quoted for accuracy, just I think it's like The Guardian for the most left leaning English newspapers.

I don't want to get a reputation on this board as an alt-right guy, but like the OP says, this is an interesting topic in general.

The article says that there was an offensive ideological question in an exam paper about new language use in LGBTQ+ communities. This could be a fascinating question and a good study area if learning about how languages are created. As an English lecturer I support investigating new areas of language interest and wouldn't seek to repress any language in use. This is the area of the whole debate that I find fascinating - the control of language - it's what is getting everyone in trouble, in all the areas I mentioned earlier above.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
It just occurred to me how bizarre human society is to be so bent on pushing for a twisted fantasy world believing men can become women, or vice versa. How weak humanity is where we just can't laugh at the situation and face up to facts. You're born with a penis? - You're a man.

Q: Are you a man/male/gender specific?
A: Look between your legs.

Of course this is usually going to be the case, but things aren't always so simple. There are babies born intersex and transgender...having undergone prenatal sexual differentiation through abnormal hormone exposure during sensitive periods of development.

We do exist, and are not simply living in a fantasy world. It is a medical issue we cannot help but deal with.

Feb 25, 2017
Yeah it's pretty transparent. While I'm an outspoken critic of the militant pseudo-scientific ideological snake-oil that is intersectional feminism and anything that can be attributed to it, I see no reason why kids cannot be taught about homosexuality and the history of LGBT rights in an objective manner. Western democracy is a long history of equal personal rights that were slowly expanded over the whole population, from the general right to vote, over women suffragettes, to basic civil rights for homosexual people such as civil marriage.

People in this topic make the false assumption that Bolsonaro is merely banning far-left militant academic propaganda from the school curriculum, when in fact his policy makes no such distinction. Teaching about civil rights in the context of a libertarian education includes LGBT rights and the history of suffragettes. Teaching sexual education includes homosexuality as a natural sexual orientation. Banning any "textbook references to feminism and homosexuality" does not respect that critical distinction.

Also I think that outright militarizing public education is the dumbest thing ever. If people on the right truly value free speech they should certainly be able to recognize that this is not the right way to go. Seems to me as if Bolsonaro is merely replacing one set of propaganda by another by waging a political and ideological war on the back of education.

This is even worse than what's happening at Evergreen and other american college campuses, where academic freedom is thrown under the bus for political cronyism, much to the dismay of those who support the free marketplace of ideas. I support Peterson's plea to restore academic objectivity when it comes to the school curriculum, especially in relation to gender studies and libertarian values, but what Bolsonaro is doing is not that, on the contrary.
While I mostly agree with your thesis that government should not try to deny truth because it is inconvenient, I also think there has to be circumstances where exceptions to the rule need to be made. The fact that there are too many topics and issues that can be examined and how do societies decide which topics has more importance than others is one of those exceptions. What about topics that may be counterproductive and divisive to their society. If they decide to discuss the history of feminism/LGBT, why not also discuss the negative sides of feminism/LGBT? In the United States we do not discuss the history of slavery as it contributes to the growth of the economy, only focusing on its detrimental impact on human dignity and worth. There are simply too many reasons to question why feminism/LGBT topics should be taught, and the majority in the country decided these types of topics are not inductive to their societal well being.

I don't think all types of history should be told unfiltered, especially controversial and sensationalized subject matters. Discussing unproven and divisive topics may harm impressionable children who may not have the intellectual/emotional ability to make conclusions on what is good for them. The whole idea of k-12 education is providing a set of foundational skills to function in society and teaching ideas that are socially divisive/counterculture does not enhance or add to that foundation. How k-12 education has ventured off from teaching the norms of society into the unknown and unusual is perplexing. These type of topics should be discussed at the college level.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2014
Of course this is usually going to be the case, but things aren't always so simple. There are babies born intersex and transgender...having undergone prenatal sexual differentiation through abnormal hormone exposure during sensitive periods of development.

We do exist, and are not simply living in a fantasy world. It is a medical issue we cannot help but deal with.
Hi. I don't mean to cause offence. In fact, I read your story on another thread here and I did feel compassion. Everyone has a hard life in their own way. I can't imagine what it must be like to have the kind of life you have, and I mean no harm. But you, Ailynn, are not the one "causing" this groupthink censorship overwhelming "freespeech", are you. The issue is bigger than one person, and I believe that it affects us all. My concern is not your identity, that is for you and any professional you might seek who exists to support you.

My concern is for wishing to be free from totalitarian control, be it an extreme government, or an extreme religion. That might sound a bit hippyish, but it's what is happening around us. I wish everyone to be free. In fact Boghossian on the JRE podcast compared the current sociopolictical education situation as a religion.

Why would I feel hate for a person who went through hell in the womb? I wouldn't. I respect people for who they are, it is the corruption of systems that turns into the repression of peoples that I find horrific, not the people themselves.

Edit: my 9 year old got fucked over by God too, when he got diabetes type 1. His whole life will have to be different. He has no choice. Hopefully he can make a better life because of it though. That was a few years ago now but recently I saw some big budget Hollywood action thriller, White House Down I think it was. There's a joke where one of the bad guys asks another if he'd like a lollypop, and the bad guy says no because he has diabetes. I'm thinking - what a shit joke, what is the point, what a crap director - but I don't try to change the whole world because of it.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018
Really? The dude basically implied that I'm an SJW, so yes I am going to point out that I'm not one, and you can check my post history. Honestly it's hilarious given that the SJWs here think I'm Hitler. As for Antoon not being down for the LGBT cause, that's fine, and tbh I'm not a fan of a lot of aspects of it either - they won, we now mostly don't give a shit if you're gay, straight, bi, or fuck horses. The need to extend that victory has much in common with modern feminism which also already won the battles it needed to win and now looks for new and pointless ones to fight.

So, with all that said, every time I see a post from this dude in Off Topic or Politics, it's one subject. It's legitimate to ask whether there's an issue there that needs addressing as every single damn thing he posts is a fairly shitty hot-take that honestly belongs on Breitbart or Alex Jones youtube channel.
t's ok not to like things, so if you dont have anything to add to the topic other than moan about my thread choices then you can just not click on them/put me on ignore. Problem solved.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
Hi. I don't mean to cause offence. In fact, I read your story on another thread here and I did feel compassion. Everyone has a hard life in their own way. I can't imagine what it must be like to have the kind of life you have, and I mean no harm. But you, Ailynn, are not the one "causing" this groupthink censorship overwhelming "freespeech", are you. The issue is bigger than one person, and I believe that it affects us all. My concern is not your identity, that is for you and any professional you might seek who exists to support you.

My concern is for wishing to be free from totalitarian control, be it an extreme government, or an extreme religion. That might sound a bit hippyish, but it's what is happening around us. I wish everyone to be free. In fact Boghossian on the JRE podcast compared the current sociopolictical education situation as a religion.

Why would I feel hate for a person who went through hell in the womb? I wouldn't. I respect people for who they are, it is the corruption of systems that turns into the repression of peoples that I find horrific, not the people themselves.

Edit: my 9 year old got fucked over by God too, when he got diabetes type 1. His whole life will have to be different. He has no choice. Hopefully he can make a better life because of it though. That was a few years ago now but recently I saw some big budget Hollywood action thriller, White House Down I think it was. There's a joke where one of the bad guys asks another if he'd like a lollypop, and the bad guy says no because he has diabetes. I'm thinking - what a shit joke, what is the point, what a crap director - but I don't try to change the whole world because of it.
Thank you for your response and the kind words. I know you didnt mean any personal offense...I just saw the previously responded to quote as a little insensitive, and felt I should respond. I apologize if my response came off as oversensitive. It wasn't in anger, I assure you....more just exhaustion with often seeing so many people online implying we are crazy or delusional. I'm sorry. :messenger_pensive:

Most trans and intersex people don't expect or want the world to change, but hope for the chance to live our lives in peace and harmony with everyone. A person should be free to live their lives as the wish, so long as others aren't hurt in the process. I believe this includes freedom from oppression in voicing individual opinions as well.

I'm very sorry that your son has type-1 diabetes. I'm thankful he has a father who loves and cares for him so much in you! :messenger_heart: I pray that he thrives through it to live a very happy and blessed life despite those challenges.

Last edited:

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
While I mostly agree with your thesis that government should not try to deny truth because it is inconvenient, I also think there has to be circumstances where exceptions to the rule need to be made.
So let me get this straight. You're fine with military intervention and authoritarian measures deployed in schools in order to censor education so long as they fit your ideological bias. What Bolsonaro is doing is just the right-wing fascist version of the left-wing fascism that you're so opposed against. Homosexuality belongs in sexual education, women's rights belong in civil education, outright eradicating their existence from school books is some 1984 level sh*t. These things exist and should be taught about in a level headed manner, they are part of our society and of our history.

What about topics that may be counterproductive and divisive to their society. If they decide to discuss the history of feminism/LGBT, why not also discuss the negative sides of feminism/LGBT?
Lot's of "divisive" things are being taught at schools, religion included. Education cannot shy away from division, on the contrary, it must face it in order to build bridges through fostering mutual understanding. That is part of the humanistic mission of any good school education. The subject of religion can be tackled in a non-imposing objective manner, so can homosexuality and women's rights. You are confusing indoctrination with education.

In the United States we do not discuss the history of slavery as it contributes to the growth of the economy, only focusing on its detrimental impact on human dignity and worth.
Wtf... tell me in what world do the economic benefits outweigh the worth and dignity of a single human being?

Discussing unproven and divisive topics may harm impressionable children who may not have the intellectual/emotional ability to make conclusions on what is good for them.
Children are confronted with these issues whether you like it or not. Simply ignoring these subjects is not good education, because it makes you unable to give these kids the proper means to navigate these subjects in a reasonable manner. Children have not the ability to protect themselves against propaganda and indoctrination, but that's not what educating about women's rights and homosexuality is all about. Hence why I find it absolutely abhorrent how some people are supporting Bolsonaro's authoritarian means to simply eradicate these issues from school books because they are triggered by the mere mention of a few keywords.

The whole idea of k-12 education is providing a set of foundational skills to function in society and teaching ideas that are socially divisive/counterculture does not enhance or add to that foundation.
Being able to function in society includes the ability to cope with divisive matters in a modern pluralistic society. Social cohesion is all about creating acceptance that there are people who are different from you, hence why divisive issues cannot simply be ignored. Socializing young citizens through education also means giving them the needed tools to deal with different world views in a reasonable manner. Talking about these things in a civil and constructive manner is essential to good education, lest you only want to produce mindless worker drones.

t's ok not to like things
It's one thing to "not like things", it's another to spam this forum with bullsh*t click-bait topics that are specifically designed to rile up one group of people against another group of people through blatant misinformation and disgusting generalizations based on faulty inductive reasoning. Furthermore, your outright obsession with these subjects and your more than questionable sources are indicative of something that runs much deeper than mere aversion. It's outright antagonism towards people who are different from you.

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Military involved in the schools... that is a recipe for disaster. Removing references on violence against women???

What exactly is this supposed to do to the crime rate in Brazil? How does this stop corruption? Brazilians committed the ultimate sin. You never elect the one man who claims to have all the answers, that he alone will fix your broken society. That is the last person you hand the reigns over to.

Rhinos everywhere.
I would need to know specifically what the violence against women references consist of. If it’s the White Ribbon / Duluth version that purports domestic violence to be a gendered problem, then I’m all for removing it from the curriculum. I’m so sick of hearing about violence against women rather than just DV in general.