• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Bolton willing to testify in Senate impeachment trial if subpoenaed

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

WASHINGTON — John Bolton, the former national security adviser to President Donald Trump, said Monday he is willing to testify in the Senate impeachment trial if subpoenaed.

In a statement posted Monday, Bolton wrote, "I have concluded that, if the Senate issues a subpoena for my testimony, I am prepared to testify."
The decision marks a significant, and potentially dramatic, development in the impeachment process that House Democrats set in motion just two weeks after Bolton left the White House on contentious terms with the president. It’s also a reversal for Bolton, who previously said he would only testify before Congress if he is subpoenaed and a judge ordered him to defy the White House by appearing.

cucuchu

Dec 1, 2016
I hope he rides into the trial on a horse along with a flayed man banner.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Is a subpoena akin to a dinner invitation nowadays?

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
It's a Senate trial, he would have to attend if subpoenaed. Biggest non newsworthy story about an unprosecuted articles of Impeachment, yet.