• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA: Amazing Deal On An Xbox One S (UK)

so OT, it's bomba good o bomba bad? Because I read so many times bomba lately that I don't know what bomba means anymore.

Bomba

Great deal tho

Bomba

Pro Bender

Neo Member
Damn, amazing deal. I'm a bit annoyed as I just received my delivery of the FIFA bundle and set it all up.

Pre-ordered from Tesco at the beginning of the month for £229 with the intention of selling FIFA but FH3 would've been nice to have too.

LordRaptor

so OT, it's bomba good o bomba bad? Because I read so many times bomba lately that I don't know what bomba means anymore.

It means "really cheap because nobody is buying".
tumblr_nkkfpneDM51rl3565o10_250.gif

Bomba

Great deal tho

Bomba
This one is a great deal and likely a way for Tesco to flex their supermarket guns by getting most people into store to collect in the hope they make up the discounted value in chips and booze

It's a long journey till Scorpio arrives. The only away to appeal to the consumers (outside US) is bargain prices.

Or this is a Tesco promotion that applies to more than just the Xbox One as it's tied to a code when spending a certain amount.

I should mention that's one part of the discount though. So somewhat bomba.

For anyone interested though you can also get 2 games for £70 aswell.

I'm tempted but only to play Red Dead Redemption running slightly better lol No interest in Fifa or Overwatch or Forza Horizon 3 and I don't have a TV that supports UHD Blu-rays so what would I be buying it for? Think I've talked myself out of it. My wallet thanks me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone selling their OG Xbone ultra cheap to jump in this? I care not for 4k Blu Rays so what you after?

How much you looking for? I was gonna sell this and just keep the games but I could sell my second 500GB unit I got in January, it's barely been used.

Rellik

I'm tempted but only to play Red Dead Redemption running slightly better lol No interest in Fifa or Overwatch or Forza Horizon 3 and I don't have a TV that supports UHD Blu-rays so what would I be buying it for? Think I've talked myself out of it. My wallet thanks me.

You can sell those games.

Wuiji

It wasn't available for store pickup when I ordered.

If you click "split delivery" then you can collect the actual Xbox One S in store tomorrow. Overwatch has a £22 trade in for GAME in store credit as well, so this deal is pretty awesome. I'm considering returning my unopened Xbox One S, and getting this bundle instead.

EmiPrime

If you click "split delivery" then you can collect the actual Xbox One S in store tomorrow. Overwatch has a £22 trade in for GAME in store credit as well, so this deal is pretty awesome. I'm considering returning my unopened Xbox One S, and getting this bundle instead.

Ah, too late now. I got in touch with the live chat and they said they will see what they can do and then get back to me.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member

CEX will buy Overwatch from you for £24, but Game will price-match it at £25.

Wuiji

Order sorted, going to trade in Overwatch for £22, and a friend wants Funza (already got ultimate edition), so I can sell it to him for £30, and will have got an Xbox One S with FIFA for £185. Very happy with that, since I had paid £249 for the very game thing.

CEX will buy Overwatch from you for £24, but Game will price-match it at £25.

Superb, even better then!

lunch_box

Bought it I think I can make a profit on it.

3 games worth at least £100 to sell without opening them.
From CEX £107 for old xbox
£13 for kinect (Only use as IR blaster)
£17 for controller
£10 for chat adapter (dont need with new controller)

Total £247
So are the console sell to prices on cex excluding control pads? As the White 500gb is £113 and then another £17 for the controller? Or have I got that wrong??

filly

So if i want to upgrade my xbox one to an S, I can get this and sell my previous xbox and all the bits and not make a loss? Calculations all seem to check out.

UHD player, HDR and more Stable frame rate, for a bit of time on my part?

Thinks it worth it.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
So are the console sell to prices on cex excluding control pads? As the White 500gb is £113 and then another £17 for the controller? Or have I got that wrong??

I assumed it's without control pads, I could be wrong though. Doesn't change the deal that much to me and if you take store credit instead of cash you get even more.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I am also figuring that a 1 year old xbox one s is going to be worth far more than a 3 year old xbox one for trading in next year for Scorpio.

Plus I will remember and keep the box and everything else this time as you get more moneys.

How much you looking for? I was gonna sell this and just keep the games but I could sell my second 500GB unit I got in January, it's barely been used.

Hah, I'd be looking to get the console as cheap as possible. I already have one controller I use on the PC so it'd literally just be the console I would need.

Had a scout around ebay but some people still after mad money for the OG xbox.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hah, I'd be looking to get the console as cheap as possible. I already have one controller I use on the PC so it'd literally just be the console I would need.

Funny enough I only want to sell the console since I need the controllers. Let me know how much you're looking for.

nemisis0

On ebay you can grab one with kinect and a game or 2 for £150 if you are in the UK. Thats pretty cheap.

eldudebro

Well I'm a bit pissed by this.

Recieved my 1TB s console from Tesco this morning after pre-ordering last week. Have just set it all up and now I read this offer is in place?

I'm going to contact Tesco to see if they will honour this deal.

Decided to bite and got the 500GB w/ Overwatch and Forza Horizon 3 for £239. Even though I don't play my Xbox One too much, the deal was too ridiculous for me to say no to be honest.

krang

Just received mine yesterday as well, lol. Shan't lose any sleep over it - great deal for those that can get it, though.

They've sent my copy of overwatch, console looks like it has been too just no tracking details yet.

Same for Overwatch being sent, console is in a separate parcel but try and make sense of this:

p1lcskl.jpg

So the icon says 'Dispatched', the Parcel status is 'To be dispatched' and the item in the order is 'Confirmed'... for anyone who uses Tesco's site regularly, is this normal? First time using them here.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Picked mine up today! Overwatch is turning up Monday and Forza next week.

Just about getting the hang of the dashboard and all that, and I'm really impressed with how it looks. Got FIFA 17 downloading and I'm looking forward to getting to grips with this fantastic controller. Very impressed so far.

Top Bottom