• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA PS3/XBOX 360/Wii/3DS $99 at Sears [Canada/US]

Saw this on RedFlagDeals.

If you live near a Sears that isn't too popular, you should visit one now!

EDIT: Looks like they have a clearance going. Maybe the US is going to get one soon too?

Xbox 4gb console $99.94
Nintendo Wii sports bundle $99.94
Nintendo Wii Super Mario Bundle $99.94
Nintendo 3DS $99.94
Xbox 360 4gb with/Kinect $199.94
Xbox 250gb $199.94
Xbox 360 holiday bundle (250gb with halo reach + fable 3) $199.94
Ps3 320gb everybody dance bundle $199.94
Ps3 320gb Playstation Move Sports bundle $199.94
Ps3 320gb Uncharted 3 bundle $199.94
Psp various bundles $99.94

EDIT: The deal looks like it may be heading state-side today! YMMV.

There are people saying it may apply tomorrow morning also for the US, but YMMV. I have work, so I'm not getting any cheap systems even if they are on sale.
I've been sort of following a thread on this at SlickDeals.

Earlier this week a guy from Pennsylvania posted that the Sears there was clearancing all game stuff for 50% off. He encouraged everyone to check theirs and it's been mostly no-gos outside of one or two guys.

Someone else on SlickDeals said that they heard that the clearance was supposed to go national this Friday (today), but there was no confirmation. Others have said that employees have told them that there is a nationwide clearance going on, but managers are starting it and pricing items at their own discretion. It seems nobody really has any idea of what's going on.

I thought I might try for my nearest Sears tomorrow. Needed to head into town anyway.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Maybe in Canada, in USA they're YMMV

also now everyone is gonna go to sears, lol. I've been reading the clearances lately and they sound pretty insane

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Looks like Sears is going to stop selling videogames.

No...the first time I played both the snes and the n64 was in sears. Played the genesis for the first time at a fedco, and a neogeo gold system at incredible universe. All these places are leaving.

This is if they have any games left after last Christmas, right? I remember scoring MW3 for $20 on boxing day, and they were just dumping stuff at that point.

Maybe in Canada, in USA they're YMMV

also now everyone is gonna go to sears, lol. I've been reading the clearances lately and they sound pretty insane

Yeah its a YMMV thing, still I live in PR and haven't checked anything, but I read @ CAG that someone found a 3DS for $30-$40

Markville SOLD OUT, a guy in front of me and his wife had 3 in their hands and proceeded to purchase them even after hearing me asking for one. Markham the town of HOARDERS!

HAHAHAHA. So yeah. It's on RFD, it's already dead.

Ehh, I'd only buy these for ebay, and it's actually pretty hard to profit much off a $100 off console.

After Ebay/Paypal takes 12-13%, Sales tax 8.25%, probably going to end up eating some portion of the shipping cost, and then the fact the buyer probably wont pay full retail maybe a little less, when they can probably get the item for MSRP free shipping no sales tax on Amazon with less risk to them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There are people saying it may apply tomorrow morning also for the US, but YMMV. I have work, so I'm not getting any cheap systems even if they are on sale.

Talked to a guy who works in home theater at SEARS a couple months ago- these are YMMV as the company is getting rid of gaming over time.

whitehawk

Banned
Well, looks like I'm stopping by sears tomorrow. Knowing my luck it will probably be all sold out though.

fake edit: Wait, I don't even need any of these systems... What am I doing?

edit: I would buy a Vita for $120 though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sears Canada has been trying to get out of the video game business for a while now.
HMV cleared out all their stock last year anyhow.

It looks like everyone is starting to realize that there is no money in games. Or that you can't compete with the electronics retailers who can afford to sell new games to people at a 40 dollar price point. lol

Guys, don't get all excited over nothing. SLickdeals and CAG have been going nuts over this for a while and most people are not finding anything worth purchasing with one or two people getting lucky as hell. This clearance for the most part is like any other clearance deal at other retailers.

whitehawk

Banned
It would be GAF that the Vita is the most desired thing. LOL.
What do you expect? The consoles have been out for 6-7 years, and the 3ds 1.5 years. Most people don't have a Vita yet.
Guys, don't get all excited over nothing. SLickdeals and CAG have been going nuts over this for a while and most people are not finding anything worth purchasing with one or two people getting lucky as hell. This clearance for the most part is like any other clearance deal at other retailers.
It's worth a shot at least since it's just a quick detour from my route home tomorrow.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
My nephew owned my Xbox 360, this could be great, or it could be on the other side of the country.

Crayons

Banned
Went to Sears around 3 weeks ago, thinking of buying a PS3 but they didn't have any. They didn't have any consoles, actually. So YMMV.

Earlier this week a guy from Pennsylvania posted that the Sears there was clearancing all game stuff for 50% off. He encouraged everyone to check theirs and it's been mostly no-gos outside of one or two guys.

Someone else on SlickDeals said that they heard that the clearance was supposed to go national this Friday (today), but there was no confirmation. Others have said that employees have told them that there is a nationwide clearance going on, but managers are starting it and pricing items at their own discretion. It seems nobody really has any idea of what's going on.

I thought I might try for my nearest Sears tomorrow. Needed to head into town anyway.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Sears has been doing this type of stuff for years. Not necessarily on consoles...but a huge YMMV on clearances in general with their video game stuff. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to a Sears if there wasn't already one near you.

Sears has been doing this type of stuff for years. Not necessarily on consoles...but a huge YMMV on clearances in general with their video game stuff. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to a Sears if there wasn't already one near you.

It's kind of nationwide in Canada though apparently.

I think the only sears in my area is in langley willowbrook mall, and that place has probably been picked clean... Are zellers and sears the same thing? Maybe ill head to zellers...

ugh, once it hits slickdeals, forget it. there will be nothing left on the shelves if there was anything good.

Top Bottom