• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA PS3/XBOX 360/Wii/3DS $99 at Sears [Canada/US]

I'd buy a 360 for the Gears trilogy for 100. I would also buy a vita for 120 even though i said i would wait for a revision. Will stop by sears after work.

How quiet are the new 360s when playing games from the disc? I might consider picking up a 4gb one.
My Elite sounds like a goddamn jet engine.

Vita for 120?

mother-of-god-gif.gif

NewFresh

Sears clearance is about as YMMV as it gets. Often the VG section is largely ignored, so clearance stickers never make it on to them.

The employees are also notorious for nabbing everything in sight; however, this applies mostly for the 4 or so Sears near me.

Meh, called my sears, they didn't have any 3dses.

First rule, man.

Yeah its a YMMV thing, still I live in PR and haven't checked anything, but I read @ CAG that someone found a 3DS for $30-$40
This is true. But they few people I know who have found them...were employees. So, yeah :/

alf717

The Sears in my area stopped selling video games a long time ago so I doubt they will have any of these deals.

Ehh, wish they had a PS3 slim dead so I could upgrade my Phat. But other than I'd consider a Wii, but with the Wii U right around the corner, what's the point? $99 Wii even with NSMB doesn't seem worth it at this point.

FroJay

Banned
Might be time for a PS3 purchase, or maybe just another 360 for the bedroom. Does the PS3 browser support Flash?

Pharros

This makes sense. Canadian here who just received the yearly WishBook that Sears puts out, and there are no signs of any Video Games in it at all. First year ever seeing that.

FroJay

Banned
I don't think it does, but I could be wrong. I haven't used it since my first outing. It's awful.

Thanks for the info, I'm looking for something to watch shows online with through my TV that doesn't involve jacking in an HDMI cable.

olimpia84

I think the only videogame related merchandise they have left at my Sears (and Kmarts) are stacks of Guitar Hero bundles...seriously they should give those away since they've been sitting there forever.

Grecco

I'm from Bayamon, still haven't checked the Sears closest to me which is in Santa Rosa. If this indeed made it stateside, and knowing the employees from there. There may not be a whole lot to check out for.

Hah im from Guaynabo. I did plan on checking out the one in Santa Rosa because it has not alot of people in the games area. Another one i wanted to check was Paseos cause barely anybody goes there.

I'm in the US and the local sears here had the PSV for 149.99, 50% off of 299.99. I was a bit confused, as I thought the Vita was released for 249.99.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Called my local Sears, got quickly routed to a national call center, they checked and showed a few of the 4GB 360s in stock, but the list price was still showing as $199. They were sold out of the 250GB models. Dammit, now I'm pondering if I should put on pants and see if I get the same story in-store...

Hah im from Guaynabo. I did plan on checking out the one in Santa Rosa because it has not alot of people in the games area. Another one i wanted to check was Paseos cause barely anybody goes there.

Well good luck, Last time I went there looking for Sleeping Dogs, they didn't have a lot of systems. But who knows. I may be wrong and they may have cleared out their local Warehouse

apana

I'm gonna search Sears tomorrow, hopefully someone makes a mistake and sells me a $99 PS Vita.

A guy can dream can't he?

whitehawk

Banned
Heads up. The sears at tahe eaton centre had a bunch of 3DS systems (in black, red and blue) and a ton of 360 systems, 4gb and 250gb bundles. No vitas. :(

Still debating if I should buy one. Should i?

Downhome

Called my local Sears, got quickly routed to a national call center,

That, that right there is why I hate calling Sears. I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE PHYSICALLY IN THE STORE PLEASE!!! God that pisses me off.

Anyway, I said I was wanting to talk to someone actually in the store to see if they have anything marked down on clearance in the video...and he instantly cut me off, said something like "Ugh, so you're calling about the 360 and systems on clearance too and how Sears isn't going to sale video games anymore. Listen, it's just a rumor, not happening, thank you." and then the dude hung up.

GimMick

What does YMMV means actually ? Never seen or heard of this abbreviation before, and I lived in the US for one year. Just curious.

I'm in the US and the local sears here had the PSV for 149.99, 50% off of 299.99. I was a bit confused, as I thought the Vita was released for 249.99.
3G model is $299.99 MSRP.

apana

That, that right there is why I hate calling Sears. I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE PHYSICALLY IN THE STORE PLEASE!!! God that pisses me off.

Anyway, I said I was wanting to talk to someone actually in the store to see if they have anything marked down on clearance in the video...and he instantly cut me off, said something like "Ugh, so you're calling about the 360 and systems on clearance too and how Sears isn't going to sale video games anymore. Listen, it's just a rumor, not happening, thank you." and then the dude hung up.

They want to keep all the goodies for themselves!

What does YMMV means actually ? Never seen or heard of this abbreviation before, and I lived in the US for one year. Just curious.

Your mileage may vary.
Aka results not typical.
Aka tough shit if you don't get deals as good as mine. (;

deduce

Your mileage may vary. Means that only some locations are participating in the clearance so don't be upset if it's not happening at a location near you.

Edit: Or what Khalifa said. :p

Your mileage may vary.
Aka results not typical.
Aka tough shit if you don't get deals as good as mine. (;

Exactly... When the PSPgo was all over the internet for 49.99 at Sears, my local sears never clearance them. In fact the PSPgo was higher in price than the PSV. So Sears stores don't even clearance the same things.

Alucrid

Banned
I asked my parents to be on the lookout since I have no sears around me. I hope I get a 3DS.

Are DS games THAT bad on a regular 3DS?

Cat Party

So is this happening pretty much everywhere Sears sells games? I'm in Portland and considering jamming over to the Sears at Lloyd Center this afternoon.

whitehawk

Banned
cant beleive im contemplatIng buying a 360 or 3ds. at the very least i could make a profit or break even, and the slim wouod be nice to replce my old 20gb 360. i could sell halo reach and fable 3 for some cash too...

Top Bottom