• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[BOMBA/rumour] XBone's new price cut for EU incoming? AmazonITA: X1+Kinect=€399

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Amazon.it is advertising the hell out of a new deal for the bone, with Kinect included for the same price the console alone was normally going for (399 EUR).
I wonder if this plus the leaked/error pricing on Xbox's spanish website of a few days ago (349EUR for just the console) means there's a new price cut incoming.

kAbwyvW.jpg

btpAXzg.jpg

The 360 was never priced using $1 = €1 logic so it was a little weird that the XB1 was.

I bet we see a EU only price drop at gamescom.

Maybe the new prices will be €329 - €399

Dash Kappei

A true pricecut for Xbox One needs to happen, not just the un-bundling. Hope its true.

They need to act FAST, like yesterday (at least for EU) if they want to give the console the slightest chance of avoiding become irrelevant in every market bar NA/UK (where they're nonetheless still lagging considerably behind).
The platform definitely needs to have a clear price/features advantage compared to the PS4 to be enticing in the eye of non-Xbox aficionados/EU consumers before the Halo collection hits and most certainly before Sony starts putting out the heavy hitters (I also still think they should've prioritized having Gears ready for this Holidays and Sunset Overdrive moved to late February 2015 with Remedy bringing Quantum out in May or whenever it's ready -give 'em as much time as they need to polish the hell out of it, it's a title which can appeal to the PS crowd and it needs to be a flawless showcase for X1's exclusives-. Otherwise the best they can hope for is to bleed the less X360 customers as possible the way of Sony, risking a level of market share reminiscent of the Xbox/PS2's days.

Will bump later for EU GAF.

edit: freakin' autocorrect on mobile and still full of typos, sorry guys

For most European countries it's the actual release in September, only a few of the biggest countries in Europe have had it for longer. Of course there's imports available but it's usually more expensive.

I made a quick search and there's a bundle with Forza 5 and FIFA 15 available for preorder in Finland for 409,90€ it seems, release date 5th of September.

Dash Kappei

The official price is crossed and console with a 20% save.
c0Ddg1B.png

zaKdAPs.png

Of course.
That's why it's marked as 'rumour' and 'price cut incoming ?' in the thread's title, otherwise it' d be official already.

This is following the 'error' (?) pricing of EUR349 for the console alone on the official xbox/es website a couple days ago, with Gamescon coming up and the Tier 2 launch happening next month.

You know what they say, where there's smoke...

statham

They need to act FAST, like yesterday (at least for EU) if they want to gave the slightest chance of avoiding becoming irrelevant in every market bar NA/UK where they're lagging considerably behind nonetheless.
The platform absolutely need to have a clear price/features advantage versus the PS4 to be enticing in the eye of non-Xbox aficionados/EU consumers before the Halo collection hits and certainly before Sony starts putting out the heavy hitters. Otherwise the best they can hope for is to bleed less X360 customers possible the way of Sony, risking a level of market share reminiscent of the Xbox/PS2's days.

Will bump later for EU GAF.
i agree.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Considering how damn stable the X1s and PS4s are, i totally expect MS and Sony to be crazy like the XB/PS2 era. They were dropping prices at every possible opportunity back then.

Afrikan

do yall think Sony will wait a month or two, to see if they should price-cut themselves? or Price cut right away.

Bundy

Banned
I am 90% sure that MS will announce a price cut in europe during their Gamescom presser.
The Xbox is dead in europe.
The price cut won't change anything, but alteast they are doing "something".

do yall think Sony will wait a month or two, to see if they should price-cut themselves? or Price cut right away.
Only if it's a worldwide price cut.
If it's only in europe.... Sony will LOL about this.

Guymelef

I am 90% sure that MS will announce a price cut in europe during their Gamescom presser.
The Xbox is dead in europe.
The price cut won't change anything, but alteast they are doing "something".

I think 399€ with FIFA 15, just like US will have 399$ with Madden.

ramuh

If it's a global change to Xbox Price Structure I see Sony maybe taking a wait a see approach on any future price cuts (their lead gives them this opportunity to wait). Maybe see how in plays out in sales for Xbox and less sales for PS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they panicked and started to slash prices everywhere. But they need to be careful: if they out cut prices too much, too fast, potential customers could get spooked. Sony needs to tread carefully now.

Bundy

Banned
That'd be quite a large drop if true

Hm, not really.
You can buy the Xbone+Kinect bundle for 439 already (for example, take a look at amazon germany, etc.)
Xbone+Kinect+Titanfall for around 450€.
And it still doesn't sell.
A 40€ cut isn't really a "large drop".

Zomba13

If Xbone+Kinect drops to Xbone-Kinect price and Xbone-Kinect drops another £50 I might end up getting one. Will just need to wait for Sunset Overdrive.

The thing has not even launched in my country yet (was cut after the 180). Really dig the gameslineup better than on my PS4, so if there is a good deal incoming I will snag one up as well. Titanfall bundlr has brrn 450 on Amazon Germany for thr longest time though, including delivery to Holland. So in order for this to be a good deal, they would have to bundle the thing eith one or 2 games.our day 1 edition comes with 3, DC Spotlight, Forza 5 and FIFA 15. If that edition turns out to be 400, I will bite. Can't wait to play Crimson Dragon!

Hm, not really.
You can buy the Xbone+Kinect bundle for 439 already (for example, take a look at amazon germany, etc.)
Xbone+Kinect+Titanfall for around 450€.
And it still doesn't sell.
A 40€ cut isn't really a "large drop".

Hmm I must be remembering wrong then. I thought the price for XB1 + Kinect in mainland europe was 499 euros

40 euro's isn't a large drop

Guymelef

I wouldn't be surprised if they panicked and started to slash prices everywhere. But they need to be careful: if they out cut prices too much, too fast, potential customers could get spooked. Sony needs to tread carefully now.

Panicked in Europe?
Xbox 360 has been cheaper than PS3 here the entire generation, a price cut for XBO won't make Sony enter in panic.

The thing has not even launched in my country yet (was cut after the 180). Really dig the gameslineup better than on my PS4, so if there is a good deal incoming I will snag one up as well. Titanfall bundlr has brrn 450 on Amazon Germany for thr longest time though, including delivery to Holland. So in order for this to be a good deal, they would have to bundle the thing eith one or 2 games.our day 1 edition comes with 3, DC Spotlight, Forza 5 and FIFA 15. If that edition turns out to be 400, I will bite. Can't wait to play Crimson Dragon!

The whole point of a price-cut like this is to hit the magical <400 mental barrier. Even if there was already a better value bundle/pricing initially ( like TF), the average joe may still see that as 'above 400' and 'not worth it.'

Any company will try to hit 399 without bundles first, then only go for 399 with bundles only if sales are still mediocre.

Calibus

Why would Sony even need a price cut this soon? They have a pretty healthy lead and a price cut did not help MS before.

The XB1 already had a 1/5 price drop and a bunch free game pack ins and it didn't do shit.

I really dont see Sony blinking unless the XB1 starts getting decent momentum.

We might see some &#8364;399 PS4 including a free game bundles from Sony this year but that will be it and I think those would have happened anyway.

Also I didnt realise that this is the last event before MS launches in "Tier 2 countries". They might actually give a damn about Gamescom this year.

AmFreak

Idk they are probably swimming in theses consoles.
You have the total collapse of the general One sales after launch and 2 SKU's that get you far better value for the price.
In Germany for example you can get the One without Kinect for 370€ and the TF Bundle (with Kinect) for 450€.
Who then would buy the Kinect One without Titanfall for 500€ (that's probably the reason you can get if for 420€ in germany)?

Nice, still 100 euro too much for me, I bite at 299 for the white Sunset Overdrive bundle.

do yall think

No and anyone that thinks is silly, Sony is in a comfortable position which doesn't require them to do price reductions. Don't expect any pricecut for atleast 12 months.

knitoe

Microsoft should have done this original instead of coming out with the non Kinect SKU, but I still don't think it will make any difference even if the X1 drops down to 299-350, let alone 399, vs PS4 at 399. They should just accept being a distant second, make as much profit as possible and wait for the next round. Learn your lesson and don't release a weaker more expensive console, next time.

I kind of doubt we'll see an official PS4 price cut any time soon. So long as they continue to sell really, really well, why would they? Especially considering the whole near brush with destitution thing :p

That'd be quite a large drop if true

I noticed my local store in Australia has dropped the price by $50, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. For the record that makes the Xbox One almost $100 cheaper than the PS4 in Australia!

Sony don't have to do anything to match a price drop. They have already sold more than enough millions that every game will pretty much have to appear on PS4 for the install base. Even if the Xbox one overtakes it in unit sales, that doesn't actually really mean anything.

DZ_b_EZ

What's wrong you guys?? I know no one wants to pay that much for a game console but get realistic here. There's no way Sony will reduced the MSRP on the PS4, there's no reason to. Hell, the consoles are almost selling themselves at this point so why would they need to do that? I can see why maybe Microsoft would do it, that's a bit more understandable when comparing their sales rate to their biggest competitor's.

You have to come back to reality now, people.

Of course I could be eating my own words by next week, who knows.

I wonder if they'll change their whole entire marketing

other then the stuff at E3 what new things can they show at Gamescom to entice Europe

Top Bottom