• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomberman '93 coming to NA Wii U Virtual Console

RedToad64

The title was rated by the ESRB for Wii U Virtual Console.

Kind of strange to get it after Bomberman '94, but I know some people prefer it. Konami sure does like the Wii U...

Surround me with bombs if old.

Phu

Banned
source.gif

Nairume

Banned
I'm okay with this. '93 was the one I got on the VC a decade ago, so it'll be nice to be able to upgrade it.

RedToad64

ESRB's mobile site is kind of wonky so I couldn't get a direct link for the page. Search it and it'll pop up.

EDIT: Screenshot
IMj8dnN.jpg

Bought 93 just about 10 years ago, good game but I was terrible at it as a kid.

If you've been on the eShop at all it's basically indie garbage and TG16 games at this point.

Weird. For some reason I’m still hoping FF V and VI advance suddenly show up like Tactics Advance did. Doubt they really will though.

Someone at Hudson has a sexual fetish where they can only get off if they're releasing 20+ year old games on a last gen system's virtual console.

So I get it.

GamerJM

Banned
I hope if not all of the Wii VC TG16/CD games get ported over to the Wii U with the Wii Virtual Console closing. Especially stuff like Rondo of Blood.

SuomiDude

This thread is weird, or should I say the replies. It's like releasing games on Wii U eShop is a bad thing? There's still people buying games on Wii U eShop, so why wouldn't they release games then?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This thread is weird, or should I say the replies. It's like releasing games on Wii U eShop is a bad thing? There's still people buying games on Wii U eShop, so why wouldn't they release games then?

Its GAF....people freak out when games get announced for the 3DS too.
Only to complain in couple years that Nintendo or company-X late-gen support is lackluster.

Kinsei

Banned
It's a fine game so I'm glad it's coming. That being said, there's really no reason to play it unless you're a huge fan of Bomberman since '94 is already on the system.

steveovig

I mean I guess it's cool that this is coming but it's a little late in the game. I haven't touched my Wii-U since March and I imagine I'm not the only one. Hell, I still have to buy Bomberman 64 and beat Bomberman 94 before I'd buy this. I guess the more the merrier though.

NimbusD

Nintendo gonna Nintendo I guess?

Damn it, release Switch VC details!
I mean, developers can release on whatever console they want it's not entirely Nintendo's fault. Probably took Konami like 5 hours of effort to get it into the Wii u being as they've done other VC games.

Vuci

This is infuriating.. I would buy this immediately on Switch.
Just a heads-up that Bomberman 94' is available on Vita and PS3.

I mean, developers can release on whatever console they want it's not entirely Nintendo's fault. Probably took Konami like 5 hours of effort to get it into the Wii u being as they've done other VC games.

We can blame Nintendo for the conversation and information around Switch VC. We have to blame Nintendo. You bet the NES and SNES Classics wouldn't sell AS well if those titles were available piecemeal on Switch. They have delayed (indefinitely?) the Switch VC for a reason.

Fiendcode

I’m still upgrading these as they release but I hope Konami gets TG16 going on Switch VC quicker.

There’s still a ton of great stuff to release on Wii U VC yet too (Rondo of Blood, Ys Book I & II, Gradius II, Lords of Thunder, Dynastic Hero, etc). I wonder if next year’s impending Wii Shop shutdown will impact VC upgrading in any way?

Top Bottom