• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomberman '94 (Wii U Virtual Console) rated by ESRB

RedToad64

ESRB

The best TG-16 Bomberman is heading to Wii U Virtual Console in North America. I wonder how five player multiplayer is going to be handled.

Davey Cakes

How is this game in the overall scheme of Bomberman games? Is the 4-player as good as the rest of the series? Better?

I ask because I think my friends would dig some classic Bomberman on game nights. We never got into any of the newer ones. The last one that anyone ever enjoyed was Bomberman Generation on Gamecube, and that was only for a few select modes.

RedToad64

How is this game in the overall scheme of Bomberman games? Is the 4-player as good as the rest of the series? Better?

I ask because I think my friends would dig some classic Bomberman on game nights. We never got into any of the newer ones. The last one that anyone ever enjoyed was Bomberman Generation on Gamecube, and that was only for a few select modes.
It's considered one of the best. As I mentioned, the original game supported five players. I'm sure this Wii U release will be the same.

Doesn't the Wii U support up to eight Wiimotes?
Yes, but this is unprecedented for a Wii U Virtual Console game, I think.

This will be my only upgrade.

I didn't transfer anything from my old Wii as it just had Mario 64, Paper Mario, Kirby's Adventure and Sin & Punishment in terms of Virtual Console games.

On Wii U in Wii Mode I have over a dozen Neo George games and one turbografx game, Bomberman '94. I just bought it last year thinking it wasn't coming over.

Doesn't the Wii U support up to eight Wiimotes?

No. It supports seven Bluetooth controllers like the PS3. Unfortunately the only game that gets to use that is Smash? So the limit for everything else is 4. See Runbow.

The Gamepad doesn't connect with Bluetooth.

MacTag

Banned
Great news! I hope Blazing Lazers, Military Madness, Neutopia 1-2, Bonk 2-3, Air Zonk, Dungeon Exlporer, Dragon's Curse, Detana Twinbee, Shockman, Alien & Devil's Crush and the Star Soldier games are all coming soon as well. Plus all the great CD-ROM games (Rondo of Blood, Gradius 2, Star Parodier, Gate & Lords of Thunder, Ys I & II, etc).

Great news! I hope Blazing Lazers, Military Madness, Neutopia 1-2, Bonk 2-3, Air Zonk, Dungeon Exlporer, Dragon's Curse, Detana Twinbee, Shockman, Alien & Devil's Crush and the Star Soldier games are all coming soon as well. Plus all the great CD-ROM games (Rondo of Blood, Gradius 2, Star Parodier, Gate & Lords of Thunder, Ys I & II, etc).

No joke. I would purchase literally every single game you just listed.

Javier

No. It supports seven Bluetooth controllers like the PS3. Unfortunately the only game that gets to use that is Smash? So the limit for everything else is 4. See Runbow.

The Gamepad doesn't connect with Bluetooth.
Another game that uses this is Just Dance 2016, which allows up to 6 players using the companion app on Mobile.

Tizoc

As another user mentioned, you get TurboGrafx games at half price if you already own them in Wii Mode. In other words, $3.

Can you play multiplayer in those versions?

Dunno tbh as I hadn't tried. I did like the SP mode though and Bomberman has cute animations in it.

Top Bottom