• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonkers Amazon.com PSN Deals

mollipen

Okay, so, just to be clear: if I buy the digital PS3 version of Battlefield 4, I can then somehow upgrade that to the digital PS4 version of Battlefield 4 for $10, and be good to go?

I know when doing it from the retail copy, you have to keep the PS3 disc around. I just want digital BF4 on my PS4, and that's that.

Salex_

How is COD Ghost multiplayer? I haven't played COD since Black Ops 1 and heard bad things about Ghost but is it still good enough if you want some fast paced FPS gameplay every now and then? I bought BF4 when it was on sale and the gameplay style isn't suited for me. Been playing Blacklight Retribution in the meantime though.

UNCMark

Banned
Okay, so, just to be clear: if I buy the digital PS3 version of Battlefield 4, I can then somehow upgrade that to the digital PS4 version of Battlefield 4 for $10, and be good to go?

I know when doing it from the retail copy, you have to keep the PS3 disc around. I just want digital BF4 on my PS4, and that's that.

Yes as long as you bought the code from Amazon and used it on PSN. Then the 10 dollar deal will activate for the PS4 version.

Seriously... where has that guy been the past year or so.

Permabanned due to shilling just as Doritogate broke.

I need a deal on BF4 Premium, what you got for me?

No deal on Premium.

Yup, and this way you don't have to worry about the disc.

How is COD Ghost multiplayer? I haven't played COD since Black Ops 1 and heard bad things about Ghost but is it still good enough if you want some fast paced FPS gameplay every now and then? I bought BF4 when it was on sale and the gameplay style isn't suited for me. Been playing Blacklight Retribution in the meantime though.

Best since MW2 but it needs some slight adjustments(spawns, weapon damage)

witness

Oh thank you amazon, now I don't need to go to best buy and GameStop to get cheap PS4 upgrades! When does there PS+ sale for $30 go live?

No_Style

Are they locked to US accounts or North American accounts? Most of the time it doesn't matter but there were instances in the past where they actually locked Canadian accounts out.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ooh, Lego Marvel will probably be mine, since Amazon is apparently not doing a deal for the PS3 retail version.

Tobor

Question, is the performance plus graphics a big enough leap from PS3 to PS4 on ACIV?

I can get by the graphics (although I really wanted to be wowed which I doubt the PS4 version would have done anyways) but I just want a smooth experience. No hiccups.

YES. You get a rock solid 30fps at 1080P, plus the added graphical effects and increased draw distance.

It's a no brainer, you want to play this on PS4.

labaronx

came in expecting this:

Bonkers.jpg

leaving disappointed

lmao

Kinda disappointed by the FIFA price, seeing as they're supposed to be sellong the physical version for $25 later on tomorrow...

Will get AC4 though!

mrdark

Banned
So are these deals limited or is guaranteed as long as you're in the window? I have BF4 that I haven't opened and have a receipt for and will go return as long as I'm not screwed trying to get the deal before everyone else.

Ok so I buy BF4 for $25
I get $5 amazon PSN credit, I pay $5 more to get a $10 PS card to buy the PS4 upgrade with.

is that about right?
Its for sure that we can upgrade these copies for only $10?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This is absolutely fantastic.

Third party online retailers putting price competition into the digital space. The PS4 all-digital future is looking mighty nice indeed.

I was really worried we would be locked into the absurd Gamestop blackmail price-fixing this generation as well. Good to see Sony telling them to go fuck themselves.

Are we going to see Microsoft allowing this as well? If so, I might be getting an Xbone. Something tells me they are far too anti-consumer and greedy though.

Now let's get Green Man Gaming to sell PSN codes! Can you imagine?

USC-fan

Banned
This is absolutely fantastic.

Third party online retailers putting price competition into the digital space. The PS4 all-digital future is looking mighty nice indeed.

I was really worried we would be locked into the absurd Gamestop blackmail this generation as well. Good to see Sony telling them to go fuck themselves.

Now let's get Green Man Gaming to sell PSN codes! Can you imagine?

That would be nuts. Who do we need to contact? That would a twitter campaign that would be worth it!

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Excited about this - is there anywhere on the Amazon site to find these deals listed, or is this something that Kotaku scooped? Of perhaps Amazon did a press release?

And do we know if the $30 PSN+ is going to be available all day Thursday or just a lightning deal?

SOLDIER

Are you able to upgrade digital versions of PS3 games to the PS4 versions as well? I know that the PS4 requires you to have the physical disc of the PS3 game inserted into the system so you can play the digital PS4 version, but I assume doing the digital-to-digital upgrade doesn't have any such restrictions.

Top Bottom