• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonus Round: E3 2012 Preview [Up: Part 5: Thrid Parties Again]

prwxv3

Satterfield is not as bad as everyone says he is. He does have screw-ups here and there and there are things he has said that I don't agree with but he his not a biased fanboy in anyway.

Satterfield is not as bad as everyone says he is. He does have screw-ups here and there and there are things he has said that I don't agree with but he his not a biased fanboy in anyway.

It's not the fact that he's a fanboy, it's just that he's pretty obnoxious, sarcastic, not very funny. Just comes across as someone whose hyper critical about everything and doesn't bring much enthusiasm for games to the table.

Not a fun person to watch.

Sessler is like the complete opposite.

Oh God Sess....

Does anyone know how much bandwidth the video takes? I'm at my monthly limit and this video could end up costing me 2 bucks to watch lol.

Spiegel

Oh God Sess....

Does anyone know how much bandwidth the video takes? I'm at my monthly limit and this video could end up costing me 2 bucks to watch lol.

Don't watch it.

Part1:

- Pachter says x720 will launch Jan/Feb 2014
- Huge multimedia/services push from MS at E3
- Brief sales talk about CoD and H4 launching so close
- Shane expects tech demos of next gen engines at E3

And that's all.

Watching part2 now

Oh God Sess....

Short version :

Don't expect new console reveal.
Expect developers to show next gen tech, maybe to public.
MS focus will be on Halo 4 & xbox services.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
(On visiting MS in a few weeks) Pachter: "They told me don't expect alot of game stuff, expect alot of dashboard, interface, multimedia."

Ah yes, I can taste E3 now.

eX5ps.gif

(On visiting MS in a few weeks) Pachter: "They told me don't expect alot of game stuff, expect alot of dashboard, interface, multimedia."
that's what most of us expected so no surprises there.

same for the whole show, all points heard before, lack of core exclusives, nothing really compelling on kinect for core gamers, focusing on media and taking over the living room.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is Shane wearing mascara, or does he have very thick eyelashes?

Anyway, rather nice episode except for the occasional shout downs. I'm intrigued to know Microsoft told Pachter not to expect many games at E3 and that the presentation would focus mostly on dashboard features and new services. While I of course don't expect Pachter to have been bested any information on Durango, it looks more and more that all hope for a new console at E3 is vanquished, unless this dashboard talk is in an Xbox 360 exclusive context. Questions about what they will use their two big booths for arise regardless.

So, Sony and Nintendo in the next episoded then. Maybe they will discuss Electronic Arts and Ubisoft as well seeing as they actually have their presentations prior to Sony's media briefing. I'm psyched for E3 this year, regardless of how many new consoles will be shown.

Semi related question: Does anyone have an EPS/AI version of the most recent E3 logo to share? I have only the 2006 version and while that is very similar there are some small changes in the most recent version. I could of course call The ESA next week, but it usually takes a while to get the file from them, and I need it ASAP.

Game-Biz

Don't watch it.

Part1:

- Patcher says x720 will launch Jan/Feb 2014
- Huge multimedia/services push from MS at E3
- Brief sales talk about CoD and H4 launching so close
- Shane expects tech demos of next gen engines at E3

And that's all.

Watching part2 now
What the fuck? No way would they miss out on Christmas. Not happening.

prwxv3

I have a feeling that the Sony preview is not going to be positive at all. Sony do have tone to prove for the Vita though.

Yep, he's worse than everyone says he is.

Its gonna be a dull E3 though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Well, he says that there's 5 million or so people that will buy it sight unseen at any time, and they don't want to cannibalize the potential xmas audience with supply issues.

Raide

I think Microsoft ends their E3 conference with an Unreal Engine 4 demo so just to tease the future.

With Halo 4 and CoD in the 360 future. just hinting at 720 with some tech demo's should be enough to keep people interested until next E3 when they really show the 720 off.

B.O.O.M

Well by now you should know that patch either says something that is

1. Extremely obvious

or

2. Opposite to obvious truth

Nothing in between

and Shane? Blaaaaargh

Top Bottom