• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOM, Watch Dogs now listed for Wii U at GameStop's website, I say it's a done deal

Instro

Working something interesting with the tablet would make it compelling, although this is probably something I would buy on the PC...Not that we really know anything significant about the game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I forsee the current gen versions of this game being awful. Thankfully the Gamepad could be used in some cool ways if Ubi puts some effort into the port.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I hope they find good uses for the Gamepad. It could be potentially the most interesting version.

That is IF this is all true. I hope it is.

Amir0x

Banned
Thankfully the Gamepad could be used in some cool ways if Ubi puts some effort into the port.

sooo...maps then?

I'm going PC version (that version exists, right?) but if people want to purchase it on Wii U and don't mind worse everything, that's up to them. At least they get to play SOME approximation of the experience.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Would that lock it to current gen?
I'd sort of assumed that it was going to be a next gen game.

No, actually this news confirms it to be a cross-generation release...
Code:
[u]
  Next Gen   |  Last Gen    [/u]
    Wii U    |   Xbox 360
  Windows PC | PlayStation 3
             |

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/watch-dogs/108088

Who was it in the previous thread who said he/she worked at GS and that the paper listing wasn't correct?

It's also listed of course for PS3, 360, and PC:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Watch+Dogs

I say E3 we'll see a full re-unveiling, ala Rayman Origins at E3 2011.

I didn't see Rainbow 6: Patriots when I searched on the website, doesn't seem to be on it at all?

So in conclusion, good on you Ubisoft for not leaving Wii U out of your next big game. :)

I was convinced when John Harker pretty much said so.

Amir0x

Banned
Is it just me, or did anybody else interest in this game dwindle now that it's on every platform in the known universe?

do you have any reason for this "gut feeling" or is it just swinging at the fences at hoping it hits? We just had like two Watch Dog thread, one of them was pretty long too

Why is it such a secret

Why don't they come out and confirm it

Why is everything regarding wii u a fucking riddle

I'm happy that someone else feels this way.

Seriously. What the fuck..
If the WiiU can get the games, just port them. More games, more sales, fixes issues.
HOWABOUTTHAT.

jmizzal

Why is it such a secret

Why don't they come out and confirm it

Why is everything regarding wii u a fucking riddle

They havent talked about it since E3 but yea im really sick of these secret games for WiiU, just announce them, like the Straight Right game, if its freaking 2 year old Deus ex anound it already.

Haunted

More like who really cared about GUN huehuehuehue

I did ;_;
:(

It wasn't Red Dead Revolver, but I'm a sucker for Wild West games, so I played it anyway.

Regardless of any gulf in visual quality, the old-gen versions are going to sell much better than the next-gen versions. That's why it's a cross-gen game in the first place.
Well, sure. I wasn't talking about sales appeal or anything, just about GAFers.

Cake Boss

Banned
So a Ubisoft game thats being released on

PS3, 360, WiiU, PC, PS4 and 720. hmmm I feel sorry whoever is picking it on the platforms that arent the lead one.

jmizzal

I forsee the current gen versions of this game being awful. Thankfully the Gamepad could be used in some cool ways if Ubi puts some effort into the port.

I dont get this kind of thinking, thats like saying GTAV and The Last of Us is gonna be awful cuz they are current Gen.

Hiltz

Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key's response about putting Watch Dogs on Wii U during E3 2012:
Not at this time. We have so many titles in development for Wii U right now that we need to keep that team focused and this is a very very ambitious game. But it’s not out of the question.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-watch-dogs-coming-to-consoles-and-pc-could-hit-wii-u

I recall Ubisoft also saying that even if Watch Dogs were to come to Wii U, it would take more than 6 months to port it over.

I have to see what it looks like on Wii U first. It looks really interesting, though. I know the GamePad seems like a good fit, but I'm not sure how much better it'll be tapping "Traffic Lights" on a touch screen as opposed to simply selecting it from an on-screen menu.

Haunted

So a Ubisoft game thats being released on

PS3, 360, WiiU, PC, PS4 and 720. hmmm I feel sorry whoever is picking it on the platforms that isn't the lead one.
Wait, which one is the lead one?

Is it just me, or did anybody else's interest in this game dwindle now that it's on every platform in the known universe?
Just you. Best showing of E3 2012.

Worst E3 ever, but still!

NotLiquid

When did he say so?

The thread about "Interesting Wii U News" which turned out to be Legends going multiplat + delayed.

Said something along the lines of "one hand gives and the other takes". Sort of implied that Wii U would be getting something while losing something else.

Seeing as how it's a game that revolves around hacking, Ubisoft could utilise that controller in some pretty innovative ways I'd wager.

antonz

I recall Ubisoft stating at E3 2012 that there was no Wii U version in the works for Watch Dogs. One of the guys said that even if they did bring it to Wii U, it would take more than 6 months to port it over.

Quite the opposite. Even the CEO of Ubisoft was hinting Watchdogs was coming.

do you have any reason for this "gut feeling" or is it just swinging at the fences at hoping it hits? We just had like two Watch Dog thread, one of them was pretty long too

I just think a games quality turns out better when you're not focusing on so many platforms.

EDIT- Did you quote the right person?

Does this game have a strong multiplayer segment?

Wii u seems best suited for Single Player games and, barring any deficiencies in porting,I might sway towards Wii u if this is mostly a SP game

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I dont get this kind of thinking, thats like saying GTAV and The Last of Us is gonna be awful cuz they are current Gen.

Those were built from the ground up around current gen hardware. This is being built around high end PCs and next gen hardware and is being downported. It's not going to play to the strengths of the current gen platforms at all. Ubi's recent open world games on current gen, AC3 and FC3, both suffered a lot in terms of performance and visuals, to the detriment of the experience despite being long planned for current gen. This will have that effect magnified.

Has Amriox shown up to deride and insult people who are happy about this news yet? He sure went to town in the last thread about this subject.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
If Nintendo is smart they would be securing this as a pack-in deal for this fall. Along with heavy advertising monies to promote it.

Top Bottom