• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOM, Watch Dogs now listed for Wii U at GameStop's website, I say it's a done deal

jmizzal

Yeah. 02/05 and 01/01/14 definitely look suspicious.

Edit: For blind people

01/01/14 Aliens CM
03/05/13 Amazing Spiderman
05/02/13 Bayo 2
01/01/14 Game & Wario
04/16/13 Injustice GaU
01/01/14 TLoZ WW
03/05/13 Lego City U
10/30/13 Lego Marvel superheroes
03/13/13 MH3
03/13/13 NFS:MW
05/02/13 Pikmin 3
09/01/13 Rayman Legends
05/25/13 Sniper Elite 2
03/19/13 The Walking Dead
05/02/13 WiiFitU
05/02/13 The wonderful 101

Lol Gamestop is bad with dates but the point is the game is officially coming to WiiU

FLAguy954

WiiU doesnt get game - LOL WiiU cant even get real Next Gen game, Nintendo is doomed

WiiU gets game - Why are they wasting their time on the WiiU just make it for real Next Gen consoles

smh

Pretty much this. Damn, what the hell is the problem with Wii U getting a next-gen(or current gen since next gen is here) game? Does it honestly make some people that mad?

Derrick01

Banned
WiiU doesnt get game - LOL WiiU cant even get real Next Gen game, Nintendo is doomed

WiiU gets game - Why are they wasting their time on the WiiU just make it for real Next Gen consoles

smh

The thing is once the next gen versions are revealed the wii u version is going to look as pointless as the 360/ps3 versions.

Cool, seems like you could do some potentially great stuff with the controller. In any case, many months to go before I make a call on what platform I'm buying it for if any.

Nairume

Banned
There's nothing subjective about a game looking leagues better on another platform. A couple of tablet gimmicks like maps or minigames aren't good enough to overcome a generational difference in physics and graphics.
That difference isn't going to do much if Ubisoft doesn't bother to take the time to do much with them.

And they won't.

Derrick01

Banned
That difference isn't going to do much if Ubisoft doesn't bother to take the time to do much with them.

And they won't.

? The game is being designed on a high end PC for the sole purpose of porting it over to the next gen consoles. That's what that E3 demo was for.

Now after Far Cry 3 it's completely possible Ubi was bullshitting us and none of the versions will look like that, not even on PC, but that's another story altogether.

BlackJace

There's nothing subjective about a game looking leagues better on another platform. A couple of tablet gimmicks like maps or minigames aren't good enough to overcome a generational difference in physics and graphics.

Er, have you seen the game running on Durango and Orbis hardware? Are you for certain Ubisoft will give two fucks about coding the game to their superior hardware?

Until you can say yes to both of those things, I don't think it's fair to make such an assessment, ya know?

Ydahs

The thing is once the next gen versions are revealed the wii u version is going to look as pointless as the 360/ps3 versions.
Pointless? In what way? I'll be buying a PS4, but probably months after this game is available on the WiiU, meaning I'll likely pick it up for that.

I don't see how it's pointless at all as I'm sure there will be others in the same situation. Are you purposefully acting out the post you just quoted?

Take out visuals and I doubt there will be much of a difference between the two versions in this case. What ground breaking physics system will this be using that's not possible on the WiiU and the last generation platforms?

StevieP

Banned

What's the point of consoles in general, with this line of thinking?

Air

Banned
Yay. I always felt it would be coming to wii U. I don't think companies are really in a position to turn down more (potential) money, especially a juggernaut like UBI. I expect GTA as well and hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Ryoku

Honestly, speak for yourself. There are plenty of people who would prefer fleshed out, properly done touch-screen controls with the gamepad over increased visual fidelity. This part is completely subjective.

I'd probably take the PC version

Nairume

Banned
? The game is being designed on a high end PC for the sole purpose of porting it over to the next gen consoles. That's what that E3 demo was for.

Now after Far Cry 3 it's completely possible Ubi was bullshitting us and none of the versions will look like that, not even on PC, but that's another story altogether.
The E3 demo was to wow people and get people talking about a new IP.

Do you really expect them to put the time and resources into making a game like that for two of the current gen consoles and then have to go through the trouble of getting them to work without major sacrifices on the other current gen console and the two last gen consoles?

Derrick01

Banned
Honestly, speak for yourself. There are plenty of people who would prefer fleshed out, properly done touch-screen controls with the gamepad over increased visual fidelity.

I'd probably take the PC version

So that's why the Wii U is flying off the shelves and the 360/ps3 ports are selling hundreds of thousands of units.

Blades64

Banned
Pretty much this. Damn, what the hell is the problem with Wii U getting a next-gen(or current gen since next gen is here) game? Does it honestly make some people that mad?

Eh...products of the upcoming console wars I guess, but it's GAF. You're bound to get a vast majority of opinions...

It might be pointless to you, or a lot of other people, but I'm sure there are many Wii U owners that would be happy with the game being on the system. I'm sure you don't speak for everyone. :)

Takuya

Banned

And they won't.

Er, have you seen the game running on Durango and Orbis hardware? Are you for certain Ubisoft will give two fucks about coding the game to their superior hardware?

Until you can say yes to both of those things, I don't think it's fair to make such an assessment, ya know?

I'm pretty sure that PC -> PS4/720 is a lot simpler to do than having to port the code over to WiiU from PS3/360 or even PC. Plus, Ubisoft has had devkits for both PS4 and Durango for a while, who's to say that the WiiU isn't the LAST platform they've done any dev on?

Ryoku

So that's why the Wii U is flying off the shelves and the 360/ps3 ports are selling hundreds of thousands of units.

I was referring to your hypothetical Wii U vs PS4/Xbox3 remark. Besides, that's a whole different topic you're bringing up now.

spannicus

people should really hold off sayin what the Wii U games will be like compared to the new PS720, sure the hardware is better but that aint shit if the devs dont use it. How many 1st party titles you guys expecting to release in a given time period. Im sure many of the so called next gen games will be pretty turds, you dont really think every game is gonna be 10/10. Give the Wii U a break and stop sipping that 3rd party support kool-aid bs. Boy i hope the next gen systems dont do big numbers so i can hear all the sony and microsoft loyalists throw excuse after excuse as to why its not a bomb. I cant wait until Bayonetta 2 comes out btw so they can have another meltdown.

Takuya

Banned
people should really hold off sayin what the Wii U games will be like compared to the new PS720, sure the hardware is better but that aint shit if the devs dont use it. How many 1st party titles you guys expecting to release in a given time period. Im sure many of the so called next gen games will be pretty turds, you dont really think every game is gonna be 10/10. Give the Wii U a break and stop sipping that 3rd party support kool-aid bs. Boy i hope the next gen systems dont do big numbers so i can hear all the sony and microsoft loyalists throw excuse after excuse as to why its not a bomb.

The devs will have to do on purpose to make games even look in the same ballpark on the WiiU as PS4/720. They'd have to effectively sabotage the other versions. They don't need to "try" and use the PS4/720's power to make the games run and look good. It'll actually be the opposite, the developers will have to "try" to make the WiiU version (if any) look presentable compared to the other two.

XenodudeX

Snobbery. That's all it boils down to. Expect this to increase when the next gen consoles get closer to release. Hope you have a thick skin.

pvpness

Only if you -only- have a Wii U, or aren't planning on buying PS4/720.

Wait, what? Why would you suggest a superior version as Obango and not the PC? That's goofy.

Cool that it's coming to the U, but kinda already guessed that since Ubi told us that they port games to systems when fans want them. I'm expecting Ubi ports of all their future games to the U.

I wanna know about the mp in the game so I know if I even have to consider double dipping on a gimped console version at all.

Derrick01

Banned
And guess which versions get to be the focus because of this.

You don't remember the beginning of this gen much do you? There were plenty of cross gen games that received notable improvements over the last generation versions. There's no reason why it won't happen again. As I said before, the game is being made on high end PC hardware comparable to the next gen specs so they can be ported over easier, not to mention the rumors and leaks make both consoles extremely similar to PC architecture. If anything the 360/ps3 versions have a higher chance of just being thrown out there for quick and dirty sales. If it can happen to the 150 million unit PS2 it can happen to consoles that have half those numbers (not to mention increasingly horrible software sales on them).

Nairume

Banned
The devs will have to do on purpose to make games even look in the same ballpark on the WiiU as PS4/720. They'd have to effectively sabotage the other versions. They don't need to "try" and use the PS4/720's power to make the games run and look good. It'll actually be the opposite, the developers will have to "try" to make the WiiU version (if any) look presentable compared to the other two.

Except that is the problem they are also going to be facing with the PS3 and 360 versions of the game, which are going to be the ones they are going to have to bank on to recoup the development costs for this game.

This game is totally being developed with the PS3 and 360 in mind, and the other versions are going to just improve upon that.

Roo

Cuz every single player will be ready to jump on board and throw $400 + $60 when that happens...
smh...

Nairume

Banned
You don't remember the beginning of this gen much do you? There were plenty of cross gen games that received notable improvements over the last generation versions.
Only when the 360 and other platforms really began to take off.

I had a 360 at launch and virtually every crossplat game was lazy at best and a mess at their worst. Even the launch exclusives were hard pressed to look all that much better than what the Xbox could offer.

spannicus

This is completely understandable given the tech there is nothing to complain about here and everyone knows the WII u is not in the same ballpark as the two. I still can see the Wii U getting some pretty good games even though they may be exclusives but thats even better. I personally will be getting both new consoles at launch because playing games is what i do. None of us can predict the future but atleast ill have the option to choose between three systems instead of one.

Derrick01

Banned
Guys... just let the Wii U fans have this one. They really need something positive right now.

As a Vita fan I can somewhat relate. But being excited over a (likely inferior) port is kind of stupid, and again I say that as a Vita fan who's always asking people why they'd want a Borderlands port or port of anything.

Nairume

Banned
As a Vita fan I can somewhat relate. But being excited over a (likely inferior) port is kind of stupid, and again I say that as a Vita fan who's always asking people why they'd want a Borderlands port or port of anything.

Of course, in this analogy, Borderlands is being made for the Vita to begin with and the console versions is the port :V

Whats confusing to me is that there are seemingly people who think that the wii u isnt going to look a generation behind once the others hit. Or if they do theyll be superficial and front loaded with graphics and no gameplay. My head wants to implode.

When the vita was announced and it looked like thats what we would get, console games in your hands, I was excited. After buying one and playing it, that doesnt really work for me. If I had a lot of time away from home then sure it would be great. But as it stands its not compelling. I hope the thing finds an identity.

pvpness

I think that the excited people are excited because they're getting a game they want. Nobody actually gets excited about inferior ports, which should be obvious.

StevieP

Banned

Looking through your post history, it's pretty clear you play a LOT of games on your PS3. With the mentality you've presented here, why wouldn't you play most of your multiplats on a high end PC?

You don't remember the beginning of this gen much do you? There were plenty of cross gen games that received notable improvements over the last generation versions. There's no reason why it won't happen again. As I said before, the game is being made on high end PC hardware comparable to the next gen specs so they can be ported over easier, not to mention the rumors and leaks make both consoles extremely similar to PC architecture. If anything the 360/ps3 versions have a higher chance of just being thrown out there for quick and dirty sales. If it can happen to the 150 million unit PS2 it can happen to consoles that have half those numbers (not to mention increasingly horrible software sales on them).

Unfortunately that statement is a bit misleading, as it was using hardware far more powerful.

Nairume

Banned
But seriously, it's just kind of silly to expect a lot of effort into making an early gen open world game look fantastic and then try and shoehorn a port down to other consoles when it'd be much easier to just make it for the older consoles with a massively larger userbase and then just upport it to the newer and more powerful consoles with enough bells and whistles to make people go OOOOOH. Just like Gun! Anybody remember Gun?

The only early cross plat game on the 360 that really tried was Oblivion, and I'm not even sure that one counts.

Wii U VS PS4/720/PC would depend on a few things for this game...

1) How well they implement gamepad functionality. It seems really well suited to the concept of this game, but the execution remains to be seen.

2) The extent/nature of the gulf between the versions.

If it's purely some graphical bells and whistles, and the gamepad implementation lives up to its potential I can definitely see how the Wii U version might end up being the best. But if the performance gulf actually impacts the gameplay (low framerates, different physics, AI, crowd density etc) things could swing the other way. At the moment, we have no idea which version will be the "best"

Let's just wait and see hmm?

Top Bottom