• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOM, Watch Dogs now listed for Wii U at GameStop's website, I say it's a done deal

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/watch-dogs/108088

Who was it in the previous thread who said he/she worked at GS and that the paper listing wasn't correct?

It's also listed of course for PS3, 360, and PC:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Watch+Dogs

I say E3 we'll see a full re-unveiling, ala Rayman Origins at E3 2011.

I didn't see Rainbow 6: Patriots when I searched on the website, doesn't seem to be on it at all?

So in conclusion, good on you Ubisoft for not leaving Wii U out of your next big game. :)

antonz

Seemed like it was always coming. Yves did little to dispel that at E3 last year when asked and he was coy and skirted around it all. Nintendo probably accepted the delay of Rayman better with promises from Ubisoft on future support.

Sendou

Too bad we can't put together the power of PS4/720 and the GamePad. Oh well life is full of chooses. It's just hard too see how deeply a multiplatform game can utilize GamePad.

Of course this is neat for folks with Wii U and no intentions of buying other consoles/pc.

Could end up ala Splinter Cell: Double Agent which was on almost ALL platforms at the time; current and next gen, I think PS3 was the only one missing. Wii was just a GC port (and inferior to the Xbox version)...

Too bad we can't put together the power of PS4/720 and the GamePad. Oh well life is full of chooses. It's just hard too see how deeply a multiplatform game can utilize GamePad.

Of course this is neat for folks with Wii U and no intentions of buying other consoles/pc.

Use smrtglass or a vita.

I plan on getting a PS4 day one and will get the Wii U version of this because gameplay advances are more exciting than graphical ones. Also: open world games + persistent mini-map = awesome :D

zroid

Banned
Watch Dogs Wii U is actually a completely unrelated game where you play as a pomeranian who trolls the streets of 1970s Chicago and sniffs out petty crime.

Touch screen and gyroscopic minigames abound!

jmizzal

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/watch-dogs/108088

Who was it in the previous thread who said he/she worked at GS and that the paper listing wasn't correct?

It's also listed of course for PS3, 360, and PC:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Watch+Dogs

I say E3 we'll see a full re-unveiling, ala Rayman Origins at E3 2011.

I didn't see Rainbow 6: Patriots when I searched on the website, doesn't seem to be on it at all?

So in conclusion, good on you Ubisoft for not leaving Wii U out of your next big game. :)

Yessssss baby im preordering now, this is my most wanted 3rd party game :)

Ideaman comes thru once again

I wonder if we will get some new Watch_Dogs info soon, maybe GDC?

Haunted

Honest question, who really cared about the Xbox versions of Gun or NFS Most Wanted?

It's all about the new shit.

Would that lock it to current gen?
I'd sort of assumed that it was going to be a next gen game.
Most likely cross-generation seems to be the consensus.

Glass Rebel

When it comes to third-party support their only hope is to get as many cross-generational titles with cool features as possible so this would be good news for Nintendo.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Watch Dogs Wii U is actually a completely unrelated game where you play as a pomeranian who trolls the streets of 1970s Chicago and sniffs out petty crime.

Touch screen and gyroscopic minigames abound!
That sounds pretty cool, actually.

Schnozberry

Hmmmm, if the Gamepad functionality is taken seriously, I might pick this up for Wii U. If it looks lame and tacked on, I'll go with PC.

Honest question, who really cared about the Xbox versions of Gun or NFS Most Wanted?

It's all about the new shit.

Most likely cross-generation seems to be the consensus.

Regardless of any gulf in visual quality, the old-gen versions are going to sell much better than the next-gen versions. That's why it's a cross-gen game in the first place.

As I've said before, I think it'd be wise to finally put out Ghost Recon Online as both a F2P eShop game and as a bonus in a retail Future Soldier port, both games could do well with this method.

I doubt we'll ever see Far Cry 3 at this point. Splinter Cell Blacklist is near guaranteed as we've seen retailer listings and other odds and sods.

evangd007

I'm just waiting for it to be a confirmed next gen title. Stop letting the PC owners have all the fun.

Watch Dogs is a lock for a cross-gen title. That seems to be a theme this year, which will definitely hurt uptake of the next-gen console this fall unless Microsoft and Sony bring the first-party goods.

Anth0ny

Why is it such a secret

Why don't they come out and confirm it

Why is everything regarding wii u a fucking riddle

Top Bottom