• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOOM, Watch Dogs now listed for Wii U at GameStop's website, I say it's a done deal

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Ugh... Off tv play or PC graphics?

Gunna go off tv play. Too good playing on a handheld in bed.

I'm stoked that the Wii U is (probably) getting this game, but at the same time it's a bit sad that one game being ported to the Wii U is considered a big deal...

Excellent news.

Edit: If true I hope it get's confirmed soon-ish.

watchdogsbefm6.png

Miyamoto: There is a game that I'd like to see on the WiiU.
Iwata: Which one ? F-Zero U?
Miyamoto: No not that.
Iwata: (laughs)
Miyamoto: I'm being serious. It's Watch Dogs - from our good friends at UBI.
Iwata: But we have Nintendogs. We can put a U at the end and bring it over.
Miyamoto: (laughs)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So more and more confirmation bits for this. I would love a good gamepad implementation (and it has a great potential for it). Depending on this I will buy it on Wii U or PC. Or maybe both if it is really a great game.

Edit: and I am happy with NFSMW level of graphics on Wii U. And I hope for that or maybe a little more, given the information provided by Ideaman. I know that Orbis version will look definitely better, but even so will be the PC one.

Excellent news.

Edit: If true I hope it get's confirmed soon-ish.

watchdogsbefm6.png

Miyamoto: There is a game that I'd like to see on the WiiU.
Iwata: Which one ? F-Zero U?
Miyamoto: No not that.
Miyamoto: I'm being serious. It's Watch Dogs - from our good friends at UBI.
Iwata: But we have Nintendogs. We can put a U at the end and bring it over.
Miyamoto: (laughs)
Mello: (laughs)

zoukka

The important question is what the target platform is, because that is the bar for what the developers vision is.

Like in any field of media, where the developer is aware of segmented platforms, different standards, formats and ways of reproduction, a professional works around them.

If you as a filmmaker can't create a film that can be watched on a crummy, small ass TV and still be fully enjoyed, you are a very bad filmmaker. This applies to making videogames.

I just want to ask people with Wii U to watch the e3 trailer thingy of this in HD on the Wii U gamepad. WOW!

I did it for ground zeroes too and WOW A Fucking-gain.

Vinci

Danish
I'm getting it on PC, but I do feel that games are able to scale better (to address Amirox's topic-within-a-topic) than many other forms of media, as the thrust of a game's appeal isn't cemented only in the visual and audio. Do those help? Sure. But standards of what is 'enough' varies from person to person: To some, a game lacking some of its visual flair (present on other systems) is fine; to others, it isn't and is clearly limiting the creator's vision. Others, irrespective of that issue, are simply budget constrained.

EDIT: On second thought, this relates to films also; eg. the whole DVD vs. Blu-Ray thing, in which some absolutely refuse to watch anything unless it's on Blu-Ray, while others don't care overly much.

AzaK

Yeah I have a Wii U myself but will undoubtedly be getting the Orbis version. If I have the Orbis console there'd be no reason not to.

I think that makes sense. I doubt a third party game would make such revolutionary use of the GamePad where you'd want to sacrifice visuals to that degree. Unless you really love Off TV Play (I do). There's also nothing else wrt Nintendo services on the Wii U to be a USP either.

I guess it depends on how well they use the gamepad, and if there is a vast chasm between the Wii U and Orbis versions. Both are up in the air at this point.

They are, but I think it's pretty certain that Orbis/Durango would look a lot more like that demo than the Wii U version would so if someone was interested in the game because of the visuals then they'd probably be served better with the high end console version (Assuming no PC of course)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
As a multiplatform owners, I'm not so obsessed about the multiplatform supporto for the Wii U. I'd surely prefer exclusives as Zombi U or Lego that seems to use properly the Gamepad; but among all the multiplatform titles we will see in the future, I admit that Watchdogs is one of the few that I'd like to see coming to the Wii U hoping for simple but interesting Gamepad features (as for Rayman Legends, that shows a lot of interesting uses for the interface)

In addition, I'm simply loving also the Offtv features, so...let's hope this is true.

Mael

I'm not overly interested in this or the WiiU at the moment (and I mean the combination fo the 2), but I gotta say I'd play AC3 way more if I got it on WiiU with offtv play :/
Can't be arse to use my ps3 for anything but video...

shandy706

After seeing the demo, I'll be buying the PC version.

Possible good news for WiiU though.

Ugh... Off tv play or PC graphics?

Gunna go off tv play. Too good playing on a handheld in bed.

I play my gaming rig (PC) from bed with a wireless controller. Flat-screen is on the wall across from the end of the bed ;).

If Watch Dogs does not come out on Next-Gen systems (though it probably will), I am 100% getting the Wii U version on consoles. I have a gaming PC, but I'm not sure about the specs of Watch_Dogs yet, so I'm holding off on that until later on.

Takuya

Banned
Looking through your post history, it's pretty clear you play a LOT of games on your PS3. With the mentality you've presented here, why wouldn't you play most of your multiplats on a high end PC?

Unfortunately that statement is a bit misleading, as it was using hardware far more powerful.

You should revisit my post history and take a look at the PC I've built as well as the games I've been playing, I've mostly been playing exclusives, and I rarely discuss games I play on my PC (which, I would classify as pretty high end [2x680gtx]).

Lenardo

Banned
As a console owner, if a game is multiplatform, then it should behoove the publisher and developer to put the game on as many platforms as can run the game,

since i have a WiiU (which my kids Love) i'm happy that a game that is supposed to be multiplatform IS multiplatform...and includes the WiiU.

if Watch Dogs is a Good game, i'll buy it for the WiiU i have AC3 COD ZombiU Tekken TT and several games for the system. good games i'll buy, BAD games, i'll let my wife buy.

Mael

As a console owner, if a game is multiplatform, then it should behoove the publisher and developer to put the game on as many platforms as can run the game,

since i have a WiiU (which my kids Love) i'm happy that a game that is supposed to be multiplatform IS multiplatform...and includes the WiiU.

if Watch Dogs is a Good game, i'll buy it for the WiiU i have AC3 COD ZombiU Tekken TT and several games for the system. good games i'll buy, BAD games, i'll let my wife buy.

You're kinda mean to your wife :lol

jmizzal

Has Ubisoft said anything yet to anybody in the media about any up coming info on the game?

Its kinda weird for retailers to start getting info on a game all of a sudden for no reason, Destiny info went out to retailers before Monday.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Has Ubisoft said anything yet to anybody in the media about any up coming info on the game?

Its kinda weird for retailers to start getting info on a game all of a sudden for no reason, Destiny info went out to retailers before Monday.

I'm thinking maybe it is going to be unveiled tomorrow for PS4 and then Wii U.

Skyzard

Banned
Is this a definite thing now?

It's even listed on Wikipedia twice for Watchdogs but the source says no.

Nintendo like to announce things early I thought - it is on amazon .com though as HoL says

Kifimbo

Tomorrow. The creative director is in New York.

PhantomR

Banned
Gamepad implementation is nice, but....

What about Miiverse? Watch Dogs could be increcible with in-game Miiverse integration. You could use your Gamepad as almost a tablet in-game to send out emails to other players about tough missions, secrets, heads up on enemies, etc etc.

Malvingt2

NEW YORK - February 20, 2013 - Today, following the announcement of the PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE), Ubisoft® revealed that its highly anticipated open world action-adventure game, Watch_Dogs™, will be available for the launch of the new system.

As demonstrated onstage today at PlayStation Meeting 2013, Watch_Dogs' ambitious scope illustrates that Ubisoft is once again at the forefront of new technologies, giving freedom to development teams to create unprecedented entertainment experiences. Development of Watch_Dogs is being led by Ubisoft Montreal, with support from Ubisoft's Bucharest, Paris, Quebec and Reflections studios. Receiving more than 83 awards and nominations at E3 2012 where it was first announced, Watch_Dogs blends cutting-edge technologies and sophisticated game design into a realistic, living open world.

In Watch_Dogs, players will experience the realities of living in our fully connected society, where individuals and corporations are at risk of exposure by our ever-increasing reliance on networks and technology.

Players will assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago's central operating system (ctOS) and control almost every element of the city. Aiden will be able to tap into the city's omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control systems such as traffic lights or public transportation to stop a chase, and more. The city of Chicago is now the ultimate weapon.

"Ubisoft has a strong history of supporting new technologies with unique and creative offerings," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer, Ubisoft. "The power and capability of the PS4 allows the Watch_Dogs team to further push the boundaries of what was previously thought possible in interactive entertainment."

Watch_Dogs will be available on PS4 at launch, along with its release on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Wii U™ system from Nintendo and Windows PC.

so yeah. Official PR

Top Bottom